What are Your Least Favorite Episodes from Pre-Movie?

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
Dumped, the episode Have You Seen This Snail? does this concept MUCH better, The only slight "ha in my head" part is the dramatic music.

Others such as.
Jellyfishing, I Was A Teenage Gary, Squeaky Boots, Grandma's Kisses, Squirrel Jokes, I'm With Stupid, Party Pooper Pants, The Great Snail Race, Krabby Land The Sponge Who Could Fly are my least favorite episodes/bad episodes for me in the Pre-Movie era.

Russell_123

Baby Clam
Ugh, Squeaky Boots, I Was a Teenage Gary, Reef Blower, Sandy's Rocket. None of these episodes are bad. The first two are okay and the other three are pretty good, but they are all just my least favorite.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
People are too harsh on bad pre-movie episodes, if anything they're mediocre, and not atrocities. Plus, bad pre-movie episodes are packed with tons of good jokes in order to make up for the bummy plots

coft

happy hopping moron
People are too harsh on bad pre-movie episodes, if anything they're mediocre, and not atrocities. Plus, bad pre-movie episodes are packed with tons of good jokes in order to make up for the bummy plots

Very good point. One of the weaker season 3 episodes (eg. Club SpongeBob) is the standard for season 7, maybe even better.

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
I disagree, if some episodes like I'm With Stupid ,Dumped and I Was a Teenage Gary (im more forgiving of that ep since it was a Halloween one) were in Seasons 6-8, they would be more talked down on. I could totally see people criticizing I'm With Stupid as "another Patrick being a jerk episode" or "I was a teenage gary" as "somewhat disturbing" as Season 6-8 episodes. I remember a crew member which was on the team from Season's 2-4 said even it had a few dud's on a reddit ama years ago i'll try to find it. Which is fine, every show and season will encounter one, that's my opinion though, the Sponge Who Could Fly did not get my attention at all (the patchy and walk cycle segments were the only good parts imo) and I almost fell asleep during it. same with Party Pooper Pants, its just nothing going on and felt like PPP were extended by Nick's exces (not syaing this it true) This is just my opinion however, but hey this is coming from a person who LOVES "UGH" which I have noticed that some people hate. so whatever

Last edited:

Russell_123

Baby Clam
Ok, now that I think of it, I may have to add I'm With Stupid and Party Pooper Pants to that list, which I'm not even sure were good episodes tbh.

Cykamp

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I Was a Teenage Gary is my least favorite, it's the only one in the era I've given the Terrible rating.

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
My least favorites are I was a Teenage Gary, Nature Pants, Dumped, I'm With Stupid, and Krabby Land

Rex

Floating Shopping List
The only bad episodes are IMO

19a Fools In April
55a The Great Snail Race
57a Krabby Land

But I find these episodes mediocre

11b Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost
13b I Was A Teenage Gary
18a Texas
23b Bubble Buddy
26a Grandma's Kisses
39a Jellyfish Hunter
49b Rock A Bye Bivalve
51 Party Pooper Pants
56a Born Again Krabs
58b Missing Identity

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
In all honestly, I believe that "I'm With Stupid" could've been made for Season 7, exactly the same as how it was in 2001, and nobody would be able to tell the difference.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
In my opinion, there is no bad episode from the Pre Movie era. But there are some "weak" episodes:
Nature Pants, Your Shoe's Untied. Dumped, Boosy Boots,Pressure, The Alge's Always Greener, Rock a bye Bivalve, I had an Accident. They areprobably my least favorite episodes from seasons 1-3

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
This. I've also noticed that the bad Simpsons episodes from the first 10 or so seasons (like "My Sister My Sitter" or "The Principal and the Pauper") are the exact same way.

Back