• Due to recent server issues, we ask that everyone re-upload your avatar so it's not showing a broken image. Thank you :)

What are your complaints/griefs with the show?

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff member
Are there any complaints about the show you have now that you didn't have at the beginning or the middle?

I think for me...it's the feel of a rushed episode in seasons 5-7 than the beginning.

MY CHOCOLATE LEG!

Can't See For Free
KarateSponge said:
i love season 6 why does everyone hate it
I think it's because most of the episodes in it were so bland. I think season 7 and 8 had those really bad episodes in it, but season 6 was consistently just mediocre episodes.

ChummyBuckets

Many of the Season 6-7 episodes I can't even finish watching, like "The Splinter" & "Stuck in the Wringer" not only because episodes like The Splinter are disgusting (I was never disgusted by One Coarse Meal though, for some odd reason) but mainly because I never found most of the episodes in these seasons funny or even interesting to watch. They are also the two seasons I never ended up getting on DVD. Season 8 was at least all right, there were a few episodes I liked.

KarateSponge

wizarddddd
MY CHOCOLATE LEG! said:
I think it's because most of the episodes in it were so bland. I think season 7 and 8 had those really bad episodes in it, but season 6 was consistently just mediocre episodes.

IWumboYouWumbo

1. The animators rely more on exaggerated movements, visual gags and lolrandom humor rather than actual, well thought-out jokes. For example, in "FarmerBob", SpongeBob and Patrick raise a barn like a child and later witness an alien abduction in the same episode. Now picture that scenario in an older episode.

2. Is it just me or has there been a drastic influx of Krusty Krab-related episodes lately.

3. The relaxing atmosphere of many Golden Age episodes (especially Season 1 episodes) is practically nonexistent in recent seasons, only becoming worse with the start of Season 10.

4. SpongeBob has been so unnecessarily bright since the latter half of Season 9, and I personally dislike it. It's an easy fix but nobody is taking any steps to fix this.

5. I don't think anyone has brought this up before, but the paint strokes of background stills in newer episodes display such a small amount of contrast in comparison to background stills from older episodes. By doing this, it kind of subtracts from the show's unique animation style.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
I think that they're shoehorning Patrick, Squidward, and/or the Krusty Krab in recent episodes. Heck, even Patrick's brief cameo appearance in "Mooncation" feels like it was forced in.

RomNick

The Appetizer said:
I think that they're shoehorning Patrick, Squidward, and/or the Krusty Krab in recent episodes. Heck, even Patrick's brief cameo appearance in "Mooncation" feels like it was forced in.
This would fit for season 8. Whom they're definitely shoehorning is Bubble Bass.

IWumboYouWumbo said:
2. Is it just me or has there been a drastic influx of Krusty Krab-related episodes lately.
You seem to be stuck in 2012, don't you? I'll list the episodes that don't feature the inside of the restaurant. Remember, if Krabs appears in the episode, it doesn't mean it is centered around the Krusty Krab.

Season 9A:
Extreme Spots
Gary's New Toy
Bumper to Bumper
It Came from Goo Lagoon (only outside is shown)
Don't Look Now

Season 9B:
Squid Plus One
The Fishbowl
Mall Girl Pearl
Sold!
Sandy's Nutmare
Snail Mail
Salsa Imbecilicus (only outside is shown)

Season 10:
Whirly Brains
Unreal Estate
Code Yellow
Snooze You Lose
Krusty Katering (just a food cart, not a restaurant)
Plankton Gets the Boot (ironically, the now-reviled Plankton episode is the one that doesn't feature the KK or his formula obsession at all)
Life Insurance
Burst Your Bubble (same here with Plankton, he needs a bubble car to just intimidate people)
Sportz?
The Getaway
Patrick's Coupon (only outside is shown)
Feral Friends
Don't Wake Patrick

Season 11:
Man Ray Returns
Teacher's Pests
Bunny Hunt
ScavengerPants
Chatterbox Gary
Don't Feed the Clowns
Drive Happy (only outside is shown)
Old Man Patrick
Doodle Dimension (only a drawn worker hat is shown briefly)
Moving Bubble Bass
High Sea Diving
My Leg!
Ink Lemonade (the sloppily-made replica, not the restaurant itself)
Patnocchio (only outside is shown briefly)
Whale Watching
Krusty Cleaners (only the delivery bag is shown)
Library Cards
Goons on the Moon (it is mentioned, but isn't shown)
Squirrel Jelly

Season 12:
FarmerBob (only outside is shown briefly)

IWumboYouWumbo

RomNick said:
You seem to be stuck in 2012, don't you? I'll list the episodes that don't feature the inside of the restaurant. Remember, if Krabs appears in the episode, it doesn't mean it is centered around the Krusty Krab.

[things]
Rude much?

But you do have a point, maybe I worded my comment badly. What I mean is that I've been seeing a whole lot more episodes that feature Mr. Krabs as a prominent character and/or Plankton decieving the main characters in order to get the secret formula. Just anything that has some sort of relation/reference to the Krusty Krab, no matter how subtle (excluding SpongeBob and Squidward by themselves).

RomNick

Just anything that has some sort of relation/reference to the Krusty Krab, no matter how subtle
Well, I listed the episodes where the Krusty Krab doesn't appear or plays a really minor part, so here you go. As you can see, there are more and more episodes which don't feature the KK.
The wikia has a list of Krabs' appearances and it notes whether the role is major, supporting, minor or just a cameo.