Welcome to the Wayne

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
So, in a few weeks, Nickelodeon will be adding a new Nicktoon to their lineup, Welcome to the Wayne (About time, Nick only has 5 original Nicktoons going on right now, and only 3 of them air frequently on the main network. So, when I first heard the premise of this show, I was interested. I thought this show's concept, and The Loud House's concept both had great potential, and I was actually excited for the future of Nicktoons (Since Nick's animation side has been getting a lot better since 2016). So, I saw the sneak peek episode, and honestly, it was fantastic. It was so much better than pretty much anything Nick has cranked out so far this decade (That doesn't count already established shows like SpongeBob). I gotta be honest with you, as much as I really like The Loud House, I think this series is a lot better. This is a series that can be enjoyed by all ages, at least in my opinion. While the same can be said for The Loud House (Particularly children/teens of all ages), this is a show I can see people thoroughly enjoying in the adult demographic. The humor was surprisingly much stronger than I expected. There was a lot more dialogue based humor than visual humor, which really surprised me. I really found the episode to have a lot of great jokes, and witty dialogue (Especially from Ollie, he seems to have the most amount of wit in this show that I found to be clever). The story is intriguing too. The humor doesn't take over the story line, in fact, it seems to be a nice little addition to the story line. I also really find the setting to be fascinating, and very creative. The story is interesting, and the nice "mystery" theme brings something fresh to the table, and the humor is great. I think the main characters are likable, though I found the villain to be a little predictable in terms of her character. So far, this show seems to be awesome. I'll definitely check up on it, once it premieres.

If you want to see the sneak peek, here's the link to it.

http://www.nick.com/welcome-to-the-wayne/videos/rise-and-shine-sleepyhead-s1-full-episode/

Discuss the show on this thread (Whether before it premieres, or after).

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Gonna need to take a look at this show. It definitely seems interesting!

watch as its ratings are worse than spongebob's and it is cancelled after one season, maybe two

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
Honest Slug said:
Hopefully it won't face the same fate as Harvey and be cancelled in favor of more LMAO House and Sportz.
yeah cancel lamo house their stereotypes are not funny

President Squidward said:
what's sad is that the internet find this as a "gravity falls ripoff"

why? because it's a mystery?

yeah perfect logic

i hate cartoon fanbases
Also because it has the exact same kind of jokes, hidden symbols, and similar characters with similar names

But either way it still looks decent to me

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Hmm, odd that there's already another WTTW topic after i already made one in June (the OP should've bumped mine)

I need to see episodes 4 and 5, but I'm liking the show so far. It grinds my gear that people think this is a Gravity Falls ripoff. I blame Vailskibum94 and his fans. Anyway, the characters are likable, the plots keep you interested, and great voice acting. I already commented how interesting that casting is (The Aqua Teen Hunger Force stars reunited after 2 years of separation, and there's a handful of Pokemon voice actors, both from 4kids and TPCi dubs).

Only major gripe is that the dialogue can very immature and too blatant at times. I get that Billy Lopez worked for Nick Jr. shows but they don't made me laugh.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
President Squidward said:
what's sad is that the internet find this as a "gravity falls ripoff"

why? because it's a mystery?

yeah perfect logic

i hate cartoon fanbases
yep valiskibum called sanjay and graig a ripoff of regular show

RtU - Renegade the Unicorn

Flying Dutchman's Sock
toddphillips said:
with my rant on this topic posted in this topic now you guys know what i look like and sound like.
And this is why no one likes you. You're an ignorant, homophobic, racist and misogynist manchild whose logic boils down to "i don't watch it, so i hate it DURRRR".

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
I might watch the show, I dunno i'm quite picky when it comes to cartoons, but I don't arround the internet saying it.

If you add Fantasy, some humor and weirdness, i'll watch it. But Welcome to the Wayne deserves better, especially after Mr. Val94 call it a ripoff, the damage is done man.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Okay, jumping into this before this becomes the PieGuyRulz topic 2.0.

Renegade the Unicorn and toddphillips, I ask of you both to not continue your debating. I don't care what's right or what's wrong. What I do care about is keeping this thread from getting out of control. Don't duke it out here. Do it somewhere else. Keep the thread on topic.

Anyway, I only got to seeing the first 2 episodes. I need to get to seeing episodes 3-5 to make a proper review.

Back