Pinned thread Weekly SpongeBob Ratings

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
SpongeBob did well on Friday.
About 1.4 million viewers.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Gosh, it’s rough to see the early posts ITT where the average was 5 million viewers, compared to today where the average is 1-2M. Just goes to show how stream’s the dream in this day and age.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Now I don't know if this is accurate seeing it is from the SpongeBob Wiki, but it has been said ChefBob was a series low in rating with only 1.04 million viewers tuning in. Man, that's sad.
Gosh, we haven’t got long to go before Nick’s number 1 show falls into 6-digit ratings. I don’t think there’s any saving them financially.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Nick is ginormous guys, you really got to understand how big Nick is, and how huge the SpongeBob brand is. It's so big, to the point where by estimation, at least a million can keep them afloat, and even if it isn't Nick is still making quite a bit of money on YouTube.

Prime Jedi

Imitation Krab
Man, it's sad to see the show I've grown up with lose more and more viewers. In general, even here, nothing has really created excitement since when Season 9B started. I'll keep watching until the show eventually ends and long after that though.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I feel like the minute streaming services (like YouTube or Twitch) start costing money up front, then people may want to go back to cable television. Isn't the whole appeal of it, because it is less expensive than regular TV? I mean I'd rather watch something on a big screen than a monitor. Net Neutrality is definitely one step closer to that being a reality.

Klu

Moby Dollar
TV is dying, guys. SB is doing fine, especially if you compare SB ratings to ratings of other ongoing cartoons.

Rocky Lobster

Floating Shopping List
Klu said:
TV is dying, guys. SB is doing fine, especially if you compare SB ratings to ratings of other ongoing cartoons.
Yeah I suspect that most people watch on nick.com or... on an illegal website/downloading an illegal torrent

Rocky Lobster

Floating Shopping List
FinnDinner said:
I don't know if laws should be more strict on those, I mean it could possibly break a channel.
Only thing is is that they are hard to track down, plus I read somewhere that the website's IP changes at times. For torrents, it's even harder considering if people use a VPN to download them, they won't find out.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Rocky Lobster said:
Only thing is is that they are hard to track down, plus I read somewhere that the website's IP changes at times. For torrents, it's even harder considering if people use a VPN to download them, they won't find out.
Yeah they use their own VPN connection, which is exactly the reason they can't find people who swat streamers. I still think it's wrong to do that, but yeah it's hard to track it down.

FinnDinner said:
I don't know if laws should be more strict on those, I mean it could possibly break a channel.
Well, all the kids who watch SpongeBob probably don't know how to do that kind of stuff. Plus, Viacom takes anything SpongeBob-related not from the YouTube channels of their subsidiaries down fast. There could still be some out there, but if Viacom happens to find it, it's going down. Still don't know how those YouTube live streams of SpongeBob and other Viacom IP's like South Park and the Fairly OddParents are getting away with it

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
IAmAGoofyGoober2004 said:
Well, all the kids who watch SpongeBob probably don't know how to do that kind of stuff. Plus, Viacom takes anything SpongeBob-related not from the YouTube channels of their subsidiaries down fast. There could still be some out there, but if Viacom happens to find it, it's going down. Still don't know how those YouTube live streams of SpongeBob and other Viacom IP's like South Park and the Fairly OddParents are getting away with it
I think it's because there's this automatic way to take them off, and since they zoom in the animation and change the pitch, they can get away with it. I think Nick has done it, and it's perfectly fine like it is.

FinnDinner said:
I think it's because there's this automatic way to take them off, and since they zoom in the animation and change the pitch, they can get away with it. I think Nick has done it, and it's perfectly fine like it is.
Yeah, those usually work, some live streams though have the pitch normal and it's not zoomed in it all. Also, all they ever stream is Season 9b-11 episodes, is it because they're new or... what?

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
IAmAGoofyGoober2004 said:
Yeah, those usually work, some live streams though have the pitch normal and it's not zoomed in it all. Also, all they ever stream is Season 9b-11 episodes, is it because they're new or... what?
Yeah, most people haven't seen those episodes, so more people will watch them. Works the same for Family Guy or American Dad streams.

I feel like Loud House has decent ratings than SB during premiere week which apparently could be the reasons for new SB week put at 6pm airing as bad idea.

Back