Kamp Koral *WATCH PARTY* Kamp Koral & 3rd Movie premiere March 4 on Paramount+

Added to Calendar: 03-04-21, 03-05-21

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff

SpongeBob is about to make a big splash over at Paramount+. The streaming platform announced today that both The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and the new series, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years, will premiere on Paramount+ Thursday, March 4.

The new SpongeBob movie, which was originally slated to premiere in theaters last year before it settled on a streaming release, will also be released on premium VOD for a limited time and will be available on digital rental platforms for $19.99. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run follows SpongeBob’s adventure trying to track down his beloved snail, Gary, who may have been “snail-napped.”

In a new trailer released today for the film, SpongeBob teams up with Patrick to find Gary, setting off on an adventure far beyond Bikini Bottom and into the Lost City of Atlantic City. There, the two best friends embark on “the ultimate rescue mission” to save Gary, but they’re not alone — Sandy, Mr. Krabs, and even Squidward join SpongeBob and Patrick in their search.

While The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run brings back the original voice actors from the SpongeBob SquarePants series, it also features some big names, with Awkwafina (Otto), Matt Berry (King Poseidon), Keanu Reeves (Sage), Snoop Dogg (The Gambler), Danny Trejo (El Diablo), Tiffany Haddish (Master of Ceremonies) and Reggie Watts (Chancellor) all voicing characters in the movie.

When Kamp Koral drops on Paramount+ the same day as the new SpongeBob film, the first six episodes of the series will be available to stream starting March 4. The series takes SpongeBob fans back in time to Kamp Koral, where 10-year-old SpongeBob is passing his time at sleep-away camp “building underwater campfires, catching wild jellyfish and swimming in Lake Yuckymuck.”

Like the new SpongeBob movie, Kamp Koral features the original cast of voice actors, but also includes two new additions: Nobby (Carlos Alazraqui) and Narlene (Kate Higgins), narwhal siblings who live in the woods of Kamp Koral.
RwXdfPo.jpg

Last edited:

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I've been working on trying to just simply be positive about Kamp Koral, and honestly, it's better this way. I think the show looks adorable so I'll definitely try to at least watch the first episode.

SpongeyMikey

Baby Clam
I’m excited for the movie, but not so much the spin-off. However, it was supposed to come out in February and I’m upset it was delayed AGAIN till March

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Watching Kamp Koral will probably be like a car accident, terrible, but intresting to look at to see how bad the damage was. I will be there.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
I really don't understand all the hate for Kamp Koral here. (Except that I used to be a deeply cynical teenager myself.)

You'd think the Pope just declared that Jesus and Mary Magdalene had children. 😳 Folks, give it a chance. Or at the very least, spend your worries on more important matters.

SpongeBob is a joyful character in a (largely) joyful cartoon. So long as Kamp Koral stays true to that, I don't see a problem.

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
You're welcome to enjoy the show all you want of course, but we all have legitimate reasons for being against it. I have a huge respect for Stephen Hillenburg as a creator and a person, so I take offense to the fact that Nick are moving ahead with it despite how much he would have hated it.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
A have a great respect for Stephen, too. And I suppose we can argue "he said, she said" all day. But I happen to think that Mr. Hillenburg would not have been so adamantly against it as you might believe, despite any of his public pronouncements to the contrary. (Real life is kind of squishy that way.)

Even were he to hate it, he is only one man. If Nick were attempting to make SpongeBob into something he's not (super edgy, gross out, pandering, etc.) then I might take issue. But it's a harmless children's show. And Nick has the right (literally, the legal rights) to make money off their properties.

Now, I don't know if I'm going to plop my butt down and watch the new series immediately (I'm not subscribing to a dozen different streaming services), but I do know I'll go into it with a very open mind. 🙂

Back