Was Truth or Square that bad?

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
It's just mediocre, trying too hard to cram too much into one special. There are some good jokes, but the plot is all over the place.

masterfulo46

Imitation Krab
Really truth or square is just an episode that can’t focus on its plot and leaves you feeling confused on what you just watched, it is incredibly mediocre.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Yes, it was bad. In my opinion, it was a great showcase of all the flaws of that era of SpongeBob. Bad, nonsensical writing, rampant flanderization, and too much focus on the Krusty Krab. None of the jokes really landed for me, and all of the flashbacks and stuff just made no sense and didn't add anything to the episode.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
In my opinion, it is not that bad but it also not a good episode. The Patchy segments were very bad, the songs and flashbacks were pretty good. The plot was confusing and not clear enough. I would give it 5/10

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
It was full of false advertising, a horrible excuse for a plot, and the Spandy ship sinking (I KNOW Spongey's asexual, but asexuals can still harbor romantic feelings.) Also, apparently no celebrity guest appearances is a rule, which the Patchy segments break. Here's a review of it I wrote when I was 13 (I was trying to cash in on MrEnter at the time and just repeated what others said, though...)

"This one's a scumbob because of the way it was advertised. They teased us SpongeBob and Sandy's marriage, and even the Krabby Patty Secret Formula! But what do we get instead? A load of garbage! To start things off, the Patchy segments are way too long and the celebrity cameos in them are boring. Hell, they even got ROBIN WILLIAMS, aka Timekeeper, to cameo in it! Good golly God! Then in the SpongeBob segments, we don't get what we were teased. SpongeBob and Sandy's marriage is revealed to be a play. We don't even get the Krabby Patty Secret Formula. They only did that so they can make more people watch a horrible special that ends with the gang bashing themselves out of where they were stuck in, WHICH THEY SHOULDA DONE WAY EARLIER! I hate Truth or Square! SCUUMBOB!"

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
IMO, it's not quite as bad as people say it is.

It's an episode with an awful plot but a few genuinely funny jokes (it's a lot like the Simpsons episode "The Principal and the Pauper" in that regard).

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
To me it was not bad, but the media hype really screwed us over. The spongebob and sandy tease, man... Anyway the patchy segments were decent

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
It is one of the most overhated and underrated episodes of the show, it belongs in my Top 10

I would like to write an essay countering every bad quality others say about I am too lazy to do it here

Back