Wander Over Yonder

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
tumblr_mqfea7nkUD1rnvm7bo1_1280.jpg

So, Craig McCracken has made the jump to Disney, and as we all know he usually cranks out quality stuff. Here's hoping this is more of the same.

They aired a "preview" on Friday night, an episode which I couldn't really follow, although for now I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt about that because apparently the episode shown was not the pilot but rather episode 2a.

Thus far, I like the character of Wander -- seems happy-go-lucky, carefree, somewhat naive -- to put in another way, a little like SpongeBob.

So, what do we think? Does it sink or swim?

Cha

I love SBM
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm willing to give it a try.

kev

innit
RedSoxFan274 said:
His avatar's the All-Seeing Eye from GF. 0_o

---somehow missed the joke---
He meant the one at SBC xD

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Well butter my toast...... I love Craig McCracken!! But I don't love Disney........... I guess we'll see what happens

I watched the first episode and I loved it. Wander was funny in this episode. I liked Wander Over Yonder so far. In my opinion, Wander Over Yonder is better than Fish Hooks and Phineas and Ferb so far (I like those shows too) but It's still not amazing as Gravity Falls. I can't wait to see the next episode.

bookgirl

Read a book
I am looking forward to watching this show. The voice actors are good and I like Craig McCracken's work.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
I just finished seeing the picnic episode on YouTube, and I have to say that it (especially Wander) was really funny. I agree with everyone here that Wander is very much like SpongeBob, which is where most of his humor comes from. The designs are great and are very in Craig McCracken's style, the voice acting is good, and like I said, it's hilarious.

Definitely a show I'll have to keep up with.

EDIT: Here's someone's opinion about why Wander works so well as a character (taken from YouTube commenter Cyberguy64):

What separates Wander from the likes of Spongebob is that Wander has much more self-awareness than Spongebob does, at least in the newer episodes. He can tell when he's gone too far, like spilling Sylvia's secret, or when he pushes Hater to try and destroy him.

SandTaro05

I'm ready for 2015!
"Mustard or mayo? Mustard or mayo? Mustard or mayo?" xD

I recorded the premiere and watched it the next day. I enjoyed the mess out of if. xD I love Craig McCracken's style. The ToonBoom Harmoy animation look fantastic too! (It's like hand drawn animation mixed with flash! If I'm not mistaken, I think they do hand draw things and finalize them through ToonBoom)

I really really REALLY love the intro. <3 The song is so simple and repetitive, but so catchy and fun! Also, the visuals that go with it give a good rundown of the main characters and the plot of the show. You can tell how everyone and thing is just by looking at the intro alone.

And Wander's walk cycle in the beginning...I loved it so much, I made a gif out of it:​
gzp.gif
I made another one too with an appropriate quote. I wish i had remembered the name of the villain in the show as I was putting this together. It would have made even more sense:​
oorl.gif
I remember waaaaay back in '09 when Lauren Faust (Craig McCracken's wife for those who don't know. Yes, she developed MLP:FiM) posted a journal talking about some items her husband made with a Muppet-ish like character. When I saw that this was becoming a show, I recognized him immediately. c: I think it's neat that Craig has taken this character futher and I can wait for the next episode. :D

Oh, does anyone else think that Creaky Pete was a part of Wander's character development?​
Look at this guy:​

tumblr_inline_mqvq1m0LY31qz4rgp.jpg
One more thing; Hey Wreck-It Ralph fans, Does Wander sound familiar to you? ;)​
He should:​

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
SandTaro05 said:
I remember waaaaay back in '09 when Lauren Faust (Craig McCracken's wife for those who don't know. Yes, she developed MLP:FiM) posted a journal talking about some items her husband made with a Muppet-ish like character. When I saw that this was becoming a show, I recognized him immediately. c: I think it's neat that Craig has taken this character futher and I can wait for the next episode. :D

Oh, does anyone else thing that Creaky Pete was a part of Wander's character development?​
Look at this guy:​

tumblr_inline_mqvq1m0LY31qz4rgp.jpg
Creaky Pete being Wander several decades into the future is now part of my headcanon.

Also, I find it awesome that Lauren Faust is lending her talents to this show (she's a co-producer and story builder according to the show's credits), especially since we know how great she's been with writing/producing cartoons in the past.

Cha

I love SBM
I watched the pilot and..... meh. I was really never too excited for this in the first place. To be honest, I do like the setting and I think it looks pretty cool. But the characters seem like they get old quick to me. The name Lord Hater seems too kiddish to me to be honest. I'll probably watch a few more episodes when they actually go to different planets and I'll decide if it seem like something's I'll continue watching.

And the Cracky Pete Wander thing is exactly what I was thinking. :p

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
CowBob RanchPants said:
The name Lord Hater seems too kiddish to me to be honest.
I will have to agree with you there. I first thought it was spelled "Hader" like Darth Vader (which would've been a nice reference), but to have it be something you could hear in a Call of Duty chatroom (kids playing COD--lol) is just really lame and kind of uncreative.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
I have a feeling this show will be very popular.

This is the kind of show I like - it's not trying too hard to be adult like Regular Show and Adventure Time. Innocent childhood fun. :)

I like what I'm seeing so far. Like others have said, Wander does remind me of SB, what with his happy optimistic personality and such. I like the animation, and the episode as a whole was entertaining. I look forward to seeing more of this show when it officially premieres. :)

Back