Visual Artifacts Found in SpongeBob

spongebranch

Banished
I realized that some SpongeBob episodes look noticeably different on Nicktoons than Nickelodeon
Jellyfishing/Plankton look perfectly normal in color compared to them looking noticeably paler on Nickelodeon, plus they don't have slight DVNR and have more noticeable composite artifacts compared to Nickelodeon's slight DVNR and less noticeable composite artifacts
Jellyfish Hunter/The Fry Cook Games oddly enough have significantly less noticeable dot crawl and composite rainbows (especially dot crawl) and brighter colors compared to Nickelodeon having horrifically noticeable dot crawl and bleached looking colors. They also have a static sound effect that will later be heard after Plankton says "I will destroy all of you!" in "Plankton Retires" replacing the EBS color bars tone on the "Please Stand By" timecard unlike Nickelodeon oddly enough (Nickelodeon obviously had it at one point but the international releases never had it meaning this was probably an error)
Survival of the Idiots/Dumped look noticeably softer compared to Nickelodeon which appear to have gotten blurrier
Krab Borg/Rock-a-Bye Bivalve don't have a 1 second black screen before the intro contrary to Nickelodeon
Picture Day/Pat No Pay/Blackjack have the onscreen bug start time configured wrong in Picture Day (making it start at "Pat No Pay" rather than Picture Day ideally) and still have K55 on Blackjack as well as not having a duplicated "Hmm?" on the slimed return address contrary to Nickelodeon which has been reported to have the Secret Agent 00 SquarePants as early as July 2009 in the Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash Marathon (Nicktoons started airing it regularly in mid-late 2016 so it's really odd that they still had an old master for that episode yet Roller Cowards started airing regularly in 2011 and still has Monster Wave replacing Mavericks). I might recall Nickelodeon having the onscreen bug error with that episode when I was young.
Goo Goo Gas/Le Big Switch don't have a split second of a production card dated 4/27/1999 (the date the intro was finished in production) before the intro unlike Nickelodeon
Gramma's Secret Recipe/The Cent of Money have the fixed version and noticeably bolder colors (the sky appears perfectly blue on my CRT TV screen contrary to other episodes where on my CRT TV screen it appears more green at the top) contrary to Nickelodeon (Nickelodeon apparently went back to having the version with the error)
The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom/Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle appear perfectly normal contrary to Nickelodeon having bleached them (making Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle which was already bleached in some scenes look even worse)
The Curse of the Hex/The Main Drain appear noticeably pale already but not as pale as Nickelodeon (they weren't originally pale)
Trenchbillies/Sponge-Cano! aren't bleached contrary to Nickelodeon (Sponge-Cano! was already bleached in some scenes)
Buried in Time/Enchanted Tiki Dreams are perfectly normal in color contrary to Nickelodeon
The Abrasive Side/Earworm appear perfectly normal contrary to Nickelodeon (Nickelodeon's looked even worse until recently)
You Don't Know Sponge/Tunnel of Glove appear perfectly normal in color unlike Nickelodeon
Krusty Dogs/Wreck of the Mauna Loa appear perfectly normal in color yet Nickelodeon's appear bleached in some scenes (like with the 3 chanting "WIENERS!")
Big Sister Sam/Perfect Chemistry appear normal in color unlike Nickelodeon which has theirs appear bleached in some scenes of "Perfect Chemistry"
may not be much master related but Barnacle Face/Pet Sitter Pat have the standard closed captions that every other episode have contrary to Nickelodeon having awful real-time captions
Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up Is Go!/Chum Fricassee appear even dimmer in color than Nickelodeon
Extreme Spots/Squirrel Record still has the fullscreen intro yet every other Season 9a episode has updated to the widescreen intro as of this writing
not sure about Little Yellow Book/Bumper to Bumper
Lost in Bikini Bottom/Tutor Sauce, Squid Plus One/The Executive Treatment, Company Picnic/Pull Up a Barrel, and Sanctuary!/What's Eating Patrick? still have the fullscreen intro also yet every Season 9b episode from Patrick! The Game/The Sewers of Bikini Bottom to Sold!/Lame and Fortune has been updated to the widescreen intro

GtWumbou19

Imitation Krab
Yikes, even the newer episodes have GoldenBob... and this episode just aired today too

TheNitwitting078.png
Isn't Goldenbob has brighter WHITES & Darker Yellow?

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
It's weird that they have 2 artstyles each segments

I can't draw markerbob to save my life. It's such a hard style to draw. And yes it is weird, for example, The Great Snail Race is paired up with Mid-Life Crusacean, The Great Snail Race uses regular season 2-3 art, but Mid-Life Crustacean is markerbob. Same with Club SpongeBob and My Pretty Seahorse, Club Spongebob has normal art, but My Pretty Seahorse is a markerbob episode. There are double markerbobs such as As Seen On TV/Can You Spare a Dime, and Snowball Effect/One Krabs Trash, and Krabby Land/The Camping Episode.

Last edited:

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I hate how they can't do markebob anymore, since they switched the digital ink and paint software to Toon Boom. The markerbob episodes were inked using Toonz Premium

GtWumbou19

Imitation Krab
I can't draw markerbob to save my life. It's such a hard style to draw. And yes it is weird, for example, The Great Snail Race is paired up with Mid-Life Crusacean, The Great Snail Race uses regular season 2-3 art, but Mid-Life Crustacean is markerbob. Same with Club SpongeBob and My Pretty Seahorse, Club Spongebob has normal art, but My Pretty Seahorse is a markerbob episode. There are double markerbobs such as As Seen On TV/Can You Spare a Dime, and Snowball Effect/One Krabs Trash, and Krabby Land/The Camping Episode.
Also notice the bg on the normalbob episodes looks standard, less detailed & off meanwhile the markerbob episodes have the detailed, colorfull bg.

Last edited:
Back