Video Game

Supmandude

Squog
Who do you want to do the video game tie-in for the movie? Personally, I really hope they get the same people who worked on Battle for Bikini Bottom and the first movie game since I think those games are awesome. :)

Cha

I love SBM
Plankton's Robotic Revenge - graphics

BfBB - gameplay

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Unfortunately I think they'll get the same people who did Plankton's Robotic Revenge to do this movie's game.

lol the only SpongeBob game IMO worthy to be called a standalone good game is Battle for Bikini Bottom-- with it's great level design, classic show humor, and simple but fun gameplay, no other SpongeBob game even touches it.
Here's the thing that game has that all the others (save for a select few) don't really have: actual effort.
I'm 99% sure that with this game, there will be very little effort because

a) They only desire money
b) It's a promotional game (unlike BFBB which has absolutely nothing to do with the show)
c) the companies that make these games (not Heavy Iron Studios) SUCK beyond belief

So, personally, I couldn't care less who does what unless they actually attempt to make it good. From what I have heard about Plankton's Robotic Revenge, that won't be happening most likely. :|

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Please bring Heavy Iron Studios to do it (are they still even around?), or bring the crew from Plankton's Robotic Revenge, and make the game longer and have quality (like BFBB and The First Movie Game).

I don't need another terrible SpongeBob game...

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
I doubt it'll be entirely the same. BFBB and the movie game were published by THQ, and they vanished a few years ago.

nicoyazawa227

にっこにっこにー♪
Heavy Iron Studios is still producing video games, there latest game is Disney Infinity for the Wii/Wii U and the PC edition. If Nick cares about quality, they'll have Heavy Iron Studios make the game and not have it rushed, like Truth or Square. Actually, if they are doing the SpongeBob movie 2, they'd probably be working on it now.

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
Yay! It would be great if they made a movie game for the new movie. As long as they put it on the original Wii and the Xbox 360. That means I can play it without getting the Xbox One and the Wii U. :p Maybe it's time I buy some new stuff......

Ihavedahswag

Take it to the Top!
I think it's going to be an utterly barnacles game by the same people who made Plankton's Robotic Revenge.
And because of the way they released that game, here is my estimated list of the consoles it will be on:
-Ps3
-Ps4
-Xbox 360
-Xbox One
-DS
-3DS
-Wii
-Wii U

Possibly PS Vita. For some reason, they decided to publish Robotic Revenge for DS. Why? I have no idea.

Patty Sponge

Always Fear
Ihavedahswag said:
For some reason, they decided to publish Robotic Revenge for DS. Why? I have no idea.
Because
money.png

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Ihavedahswag said:
I think it's going to be an utterly barnacles game by the same people who made Plankton's Robotic Revenge.
And because of the way they released that game, here is my estimated list of the consoles it will be on:
-Ps3
-Ps4
-Xbox 360
-Xbox One
-DS
-3DS
-Wii
-Wii U

Possibly PS Vita. For some reason, they decided to publish Robotic Revenge for DS. Why? I have no idea.
If it's on the PS4/Xbox 1, there's no way that it'll be on those other ones, except Wii U possibly. That's how video games will be for the next couple of years probably console wise.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
If they released it on the Wii, I'd hope it could be compatible with a GameCube controller, because the Wii Remote is stupid to use. If not, then PS3/PS4 it is.

President Squidward said:
If they released it on the Wii, I'd hope it could be compatible with a GameCube controller, because the Wii Remote is stupid to use. If not, then PS3/PS4 it is.
I can almost guarantee the Wii is done for by now.

Ihavedahswag

Take it to the Top!
Award said:
If it's on the PS4/Xbox 1, there's no way that it'll be on those other ones, except Wii U possibly. That's how video games will be for the next couple of years probably console wise.
Still, they released Robotic Revenge for pretty much any platform from the last 7 years.

Also, slightly off topic, but the new LittleBigPlanet game is coming out for PS3 and PS4.

léo elbarto

Bomb-Selling Pirate
actually heavy iron posted this on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy-Iron-Studios-Inc/212957828786070?fref=ts

"We’re ready! We’re ready! We’re ready! And at long last, so are SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, and the best of Bikini Bottom as they make their triumphant return to the big screen in 2015! We don’t know how we’re going to wait that long, but in the meantime we’ll be over here watching the first trailer for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie: Sponge Out of Water on repeat. Don’t mind us."

could it be there's still some hope for a decent game, only time will tell :krabsnote:

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
léo elbarto said:
actually heavy iron posted this on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy-Iron-Studios-Inc/212957828786070?fref=ts

"We’re ready! We’re ready! We’re ready! And at long last, so are SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, and the best of Bikini Bottom as they make their triumphant return to the big screen in 2015! We don’t know how we’re going to wait that long, but in the meantime we’ll be over here watching the first trailer for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie: Sponge Out of Water on repeat. Don’t mind us."

could it be there's still some hope for a decent game, only time will tell :krabsnote:
Is there a possibility this could actually happen, then? I don't really understand the connection between developers, publishers etc. Would it make a difference that SpongeBob games are published by Activision now?

Back