Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
I have some REALLY unpopular opinions here.

Yours Mine, and Mine isn't one of the worst episodes in the show by any measure. Yes Patrick was a jerk throughout the whole episode, but he's always had his greedy side, like in The Secret Box. It's not a good episode but it's not an atrocity like people make it out to be.

SpongeBob You're Fired isn't really bad either. It's just SpongeBob going from job to job but he can't find one.

Ink Lemonade is mediocre but I never thought of it as an atrocity either. It's just Patrick going around scaring Squidward.

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
I have some REALLY unpopular opinions here.

Yours Mine, and Mine isn't one of the worst episodes in the show by any measure. Yes Patrick was a jerk throughout the whole episode, but he's always had his greedy side, like in The Secret Box. It's not a good episode but it's not an atrocity like people make it out to be.

SpongeBob You're Fired isn't really bad either. It's just SpongeBob going from job to job but he can't find one.

Ink Lemonade is mediocre but I never thought of it as an atrocity either. It's just Patrick going around scaring Squidward.
1 no Patrick Mean side is just A jerk nothing compared to the show at least when patricks a jerk its funny but No
2 i agree kinda its just sad seeing spongebob but the second half carries i watched this as a kid
3 yeah but again patrick Torturing Characters is not funny or good at all

Thisisausername

Imitation Krab
The ''everything after the first movie is bad'' opinion is complete nonsense perpetuated by 12 year olds who parrot everything their favorite ''Cartoon Community'' youtuber has to say.

Seasons 4 and 5 are right on-par with Season 3, and hell most of the episodes people pointed to say ''Modern Spongebob bad'' are all condensed in Season 7.

Anyway, time to be a hypocrite and ''modern Spogebob bad'' myself. Season 10 and up isn't even Spongebob anymore. Like, it's not bad, but it's just so tonally and stylistically different I can't view it as the same cartoon.

Also The Krusty Plate is a top 20 episode and Squeaky Boots is top 30 bye

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
The ''everything after the first movie is bad'' opinion is complete nonsense perpetuated by 12 year olds who parrot everything their favorite ''Cartoon Community'' youtuber has to say.

Seasons 4 and 5 are right on-par with Season 3, and hell most of the episodes people pointed to say ''Modern Spongebob bad'' are all condensed in Season 7.

Anyway, time to be a hypocrite and ''modern Spogebob bad'' myself. Season 10 and up isn't even Spongebob anymore. Like, it's not bad, but it's just so tonally and stylistically different I can't view it as the same cartoon.

Also The Krusty Plate is a top 20 episode and Squeaky Boots is top 30 bye
they are in seasons 4,5.6.8. and 9A as well

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
Nah it’s pretty hated by critics as well people on SBM hated on it back then as well
Agree its trash I just rush i dont check but Nah its getting mixed Really but its still getting more hate then love

Last edited by a moderator:

redymedy

Imitation Krab
Squidward isn't that good of a character. I think too many people like him and I just can't see why, bit of a jerk to SpongeBob and Patrick and other people just trying to get by.

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
I still think Seasons 6-8 are pretty bad, even if they have some good episodes

I hate the bright colours and exaggerated faces of the post-sequel seasons, but I do respect everyone's opinion

The show shoulda stayed with cel animation

I like Whatever Happened to SpongeBob

Back