MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
I'll put some from Seasons 1-3:

S1
Overrated: Ripped Pants, Boating School, Fools in April, I Was a Teenage Gary
Underrated: Jellyfishing

S2
Overrated: Something Smells, Wormy, the 27 duo (Prehibernation Week, Life of Crime), I'm With Stupid, The Fry Cook Games
Underrated: Dumped, Squirrel Jokes, Pressure, Krusty Love, Squid On Strike

S3
Overrated: SpongeGuard on Duty, Nasty Patty (very overrated), MMBB4, Doing Time, Squilliam Returns (very overrated), Chocolate with Nuts (this is just good, not anything special), New Student Starfish, Clams (very overrated), Born Again Krabs, SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (very overrated)
Underrated: The Bully, The Sponge Who Could Fly

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Got a new one for the thread (maybe): Season 12 isn't bad at all. It's just as good as season 11.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
I don't think Season 12 is bad as well, it's just that there are exaggerated expressions in some episodes, other episodes that are poorly written, and some other episodes that just have bad concepts to start with, like The Nitwitting and The Ballad Of Filthy Muck. People usually focus on the bad episodes of the season, but there are a lot of good ones as well, such as SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout (top 25 material), the 267 pair (I like Krusty Koncessionaires now after a rewatch), and all the episodes from 245b to 251a.

Whiteout

Imitation Krab
Here's a few of mine

• I actually don't mind Shuffleboarding. It's not super amazing, but it does have some funny parts and even though MM and BB getting punished for SB/Pat's actions is kinda sucky, it didn't really bother me for some reason. I'd give it a 5.5-6/10.
  • I don't hate Ink Lemonade as much as the next person seems to. It's not a good episode, I consider it mostly "average" - nothing too good, nothing too bad, just... "meh, boring" (even though the spider eggs at the end was kinda off-putting) and I can see how people would hate this episode.
  • Krusty Krushers is underrated. I LOVE that episode, I always watch it when I'm feeling sad, it always cheers me up and makes me laugh. The Iron Buns are my favourite part. Mr Krabs is a greedy jerk but he does get punished for his actions in the end.*
*Krusty Krushers from what I have seen people seem to like it but it doesn't get talked about much?

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
In the episode "The Algae's Always Greener", I find the part where SpongeBob says "w-what?" right before he does the famous facial expression to be FUNNIER than the actual facial expression part.

aodhanrenman

Baby Clam
mrs puff needs to pass spongebob now, im getting bored and frustrated with seeing him fail and I'm starting to think mrs puff WANTS to drive herself crazy!

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I am also tired of this show's constant use of the "Repetitive Failure Trope" and would like to see a change from the status-quo!

How many times is SpongeBob SquarePants going to fail his boating test or Plankton fail to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula?

If these goals are just going to go in an endless loop without any resolution then they might as well take them out of the show altogether because it has gotten STALE!

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Plankton failing to steal the formula I'm fine with since I'm used to that kind of trope with villains from many other cartoons and comics. SpongeBob never getting his license I agree starts to get annoying however. In Nautical Novice they had to think of a total asspull reason to have it get revoked.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Let SpongeBob get his license and resolve this ongoing conflict already!

Stop revoking his license

I think part of the problem is that Stephen Hillenburg actually had rules against SpongeBob getting his license so that can never be TRULY resolved

The best thing to do is watch the show and ignore all the "SpongeBob SquarePants Boating License" stuff

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
It was Hillenburg who never wanted SpongeBob to get his license, which is the only one of his rules I have to strongly disagree with.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
If Nickelodeon decided to break that rule and finally allow SpongeBob to get his license without being revoked I wouldn't hate them for that

I agree with you

Why would Hillenburg enforce a rule that basically ensures that his show stays repetitive and boring?

It doesn't make any sense!

Davin

Part Computer or Something
I think seasons 4-9 are better than seasons 10-12. Spongebob was never meant to be just another uber-wacky kid's cartoon, but it feels like that's what it has become. The animation and the exaggerated expressions, I personally feel are absolutely horrible and it actually makes me mad every time I see it. The characters are even more flanderized and react to everything to a ridiculous degree, resulting in too much slapstick and not enough other types of humor (you stole my hat, so I'm going to try to run you over now.), and the jokes sprinkled in for older audiences have been all but completely removed, save for nostalgia fanservice.

Phew, rant over. I'm gonna go watch the camping episode to cleanse my palate.

Back