Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Yeah, it's annoying how a lot of people only remember this episode for the toenail scene, and nothing else. I really like House Fancy.
I'm glad there's some other people here who also like House Fancy. If I'm being honest the toenail scene doesn't even bother me that much, there are much worse "gore" moments in SpongeBob.

SQUIGOR

sponge on the run is not bad y'all are just mean
I'm glad there's some other people here who also like House Fancy. If I'm being honest the toenail scene doesn't even bother me that much, there are much worse "gore" moments in SpongeBob.
I myself don't really care about gross-out, for some reason, even as a kid I never was grossed out by this moments. I think I kinda like the toenail scene, because of how stupid the situation is, and how it only gets progressively worse, I think it's pretty funny.

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Squeaky Boots is one of the funniest episodes of season 1.

I'm With Stupid is extremely overhated. Despite how much of a jerk Patrick is, it's hilarious throughout. And he's more flatout dumb than a jerk, he thought SpongeBob had actually become stupid.

Doing Time is the best Mrs. Puff episode.

Krabby Land is better than The Camping Episode.

Enemy In-Law is my favorite from season 4. Plankton's crush on Mr. Krabs' mother had me dying with laughter.

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
I don't like Mrs. Puff

I like One Coarse Meal

I like seasons 6-9

I like Good Neighbors

I don't like Opposite Day

Season 1 gets too much hate

If seasons 10-12 were deleted from existence I wouldn't even blink

I think Sandy should've been used in more episodes, looking back on things

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I agree about Good Neighbors, that episode gets way too much hate. Squidward doesn't really deserve what he gets, but the jokes are witty and funny.
Hard disagree on One Coarse Meal since that's my least favorite of the series, and I find Opposite Day hilarious.

Season 1 hate puzzles me. Sure it's less energetic than 2-3, but still extremely joke-packed. I think it contains just about as many classics as the rest of the Hillenburg era. And I love the animation so much. SpongeBob never looked more adorable than in this season. The deeper voices have a charm to them.
However, those who genuinely think it's bad seem to be in the minority at least thankfully.

I'm going through season 6 right now, so I'll form my full opinion on it after I'm done.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I am not sure if my opinion are unpopular but let's see.
1. Season 1 is the best season of the entire series. Season 2 is better than 3.
2. Squidward is the best character.
3. Seasons 10+ are very bad, way worse than 6-8.
4. Fools in April, Squeaky Boots, Home Sweet Pinapple, I was a Teenage Gary are amazing episodes.
5. I am with Stupid is very overhated.
6. Part Pooper Pants, The Sponge Who Could Fly, Ugh are good specials.
7. Clams is the best episode in Season 3.
8. Fear of Krabby Patty, Survival of the Idiots, Welcome to the Chum Bucket, The Alge's Always Greener are overrated(they are good, but still overrated).
9. Good Neighbors, Choir Boys, Cephalopod Lodge, Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful, That Sinking Feeling, Face Freeze, Are You Happy Now? are nice episodes.
10. One Coarse Meal is not in the top 10 bottom episodes. The same with Pat Sitter Pat, Truth or Square, What Ever Happened to Spongebob?
11. Hello Bikini Bottom and A Squarepants Family Vacation are the best episodes in season 8 and in the top in general.

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
2. Squidward is probably my favorite character too, and I don't think that opinion is unpopular.
4. I will never understand why Squeaky Boots and I Was A Teenage Gary are so hated.
5. I love I'm With Stupid.
6. Agree. Party Pooper Pants is most likely my least favorite pre-movie episode, but even the weakest ones I still like. The best one of the three in my opinion is Ugh.
7. Clams is one of my favorite episodes, so can't argue with you there.
9. Good Neighbors is to SpongeBob what The Principal And The Pauper is to The Simpsons. Due to its controversial plot, people blame it for the show's decline. But unlike some other meanspirited episodes in later seasons, Good Neighbors is actually funny. It was a long time since I saw Are You Happy Now?, but I don't see how it is one of the shows all-time worst. Sure it's depressing, but at least the character feeling depressed actually gets support unlike...
10. One Coarse Meal. Gotta split with you on this one, this is easily my least favorite of the series. Plankton might be the villain, but how he gets treated here is just too damn hard to watch. And Mr. Krabs isn't just a jerk or a bit too greedy, he's downright evil this time. Deserves all the hate it gets. Whatever Happened to Spongebob? isn't that horrible however, I mostly just find it boring.
11. Many consider Hello, Bikini Bottom! a season 8 highlight, so that opinion is popular.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
10. I agree that One Coarse Meal is bad episode and Mr Krabs is in his worst, but I still prefer it over other episodes such as Stuck in the Wringer, Pal for Gary, Yours Mine and Mine, SITKWS, The Cent of Money, Trident Trouble, Demolition Doofus and surely Ink Lemonade. I find them worse than One Coarse Meal.

Back