Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Rex

Floating Shopping List
Ghost Host is extremely underrated.
Gross out can work if done correctly
Season 1 is the best season.
Whobob Whatpants ended the shows golden age
I love the episode Sportz?
Never understood the extreme hatred for Atlantis Squarepantis I don't like it but never considered it abysmal
To Squarepants Or Not To deserves way more hate, as does Penny Foolish
Season 6 is my least favorite season
Season 10 is a bad season.
I would rank the seasons

Bad Seasons

#12 Season 6
#11 Season 7
#10 Season 10

Mediocre Seasons

#9 Season 12
#8 Season 9

Good Seasons

#7 Season 8
#6 Season 11
#5 Season 5
#4 Season 4
#3 Season 3
#2 Season 2
#1 Season 1

Squilly

Floating Shopping List
I can respect the art style of the third movie, but I personally don't like it. I don't like the overly juicy and bright colours (I won't deny it - they look good, just not my cup of tea) and the 3D animation. In fact, I had the same issue with the second movie - I just like the 2D animation so much more :c

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
1) I Was A Teenage Gary is not even in the Top 10 worst Season 1 episodes.
2) Good Neighbors is a good episode and a very funny one.
3) Patrick in Season 8 was the worst character in the entire show, worse than the Bikini Bottom fishes. He makes himself in Seasons 6 and 7 look good.
4) Have You Seen This Snail? is far from the best Season 4 episode. It's not even Top 20 Season 4 episodes for me. The song isn't even that good either.
5) I liked Squeaky Boots. The squeaky sounds didn't even bother me and Mr. Krabs' reactions were funny.
6) Goo Goo Gas isn't Top 15 or even 20 Season 5 episodes. While Plankton's idea isn't bad, most of the baby sounds were annoying. It was expected, but still annoying.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
1) I Was A Teenage Gary is not even in the Top 10 worst Season 1 episodes.
2) Good Neighbors is a good episode and a very funny one.
3) Patrick in Season 8 was the worst character in the entire show, worse than the Bikini Bottom fishes. He makes himself in Seasons 6 and 7 look good.
4) Have You Seen This Snail? is far from the best Season 4 episode. It's not even Top 20 Season 4 episodes for me. The song isn't even that good either.
5) I liked Squeaky Boots. The squeaky sounds didn't even bother me and Mr. Krabs' reactions were funny.
6) Goo Goo Gas isn't Top 15 or even 20 Season 5 episodes. While Plankton's idea isn't bad, most of the baby sounds were annoying. It was expected, but still annoying.
I agree with pretty much all of these except #4, I'd still put Have You Seen This Snail in my top 5 for season 4 at least.

I should also supply an unpopular opinion, so...Atlantis Squarepantis is nowhere near as bad (I actually kinda like it) as episodes like Truth or Square.

mitchellthespongebobfan

Imitation Krab
1. I never had a problem with Atlantis SquarePantis growing up, and still don't, in fact I quite enjoy it.
2. Same with Truth or Square. I like the special. I know a lot of people don't like it because the ads leading up to it portrayed it as something it wasn't and were misleading, but I never saw those so it didn't effect my thoughts on the episode.
3. The overdone facial expressions in the new season serve no purpose and take away from actual good screen time. I don't know if this is unpopular but I do see a lot of people praising the cartoony expressions and they always annoyed me.
4. Ending the show after Season 3, wouldn't have been the perfect ending. It wouldn't have made sense, the ending needs to tie up a lot of the long running storylines on the show like Patrick not having a job, SpongeBob and Squidward's relationship, and Mr. Krabs and Plankton's rivalry.
5. The show never got as bad as people make it out to be. I think the ratio of bad episodes increased, but I think every season still has more good episodes than bad.

EM.

Moby Dollar
alright here

-I liked early episodes of season 6
-Seasons 1, 4, 5, 8, and 12 are better than most people make of them.
-the CGI in Sponge out of Water didn’t look that good, looked like something from a 3D video game.
-The first movie wouldn’t have made that good of a finale as it only tells the tale of Spongebob, Patrick and the Krusty Krab 2
-Paul Tibbitt was a good show runner, it just began to plummet in season 6 with new gross out writers
-The fact that some people still think 1, 2, and 3 are the only good seasons is just sickening, Stephen Hillenburg doesn’t have to be there for it to be good (not saying he shouldn’t have been there)
-The MY LEG joke has been played out since the post sequel seasons.
-Good Neighbors is a great episode.

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Hello Bikini Bottom isn't an amazing episode, it's just decent in my mind. There wasn't really anything that made me laugh at all, apart from 1 or 2 jokes. The episode also felt a little slow and it dragged on at some points. Patrick and Mr. Krabs didn't really have anything to do with the plot, and they honestly just felt like burdens. This episode's saving grace are the songs though, which are pretty good. I also liked how Spongebob and Squidward shared a common interest here.

SQUIGOR

sponge on the run is not bad y'all are just mean
I'm not sure if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but I think that "Goodbye, krabby patty?" is a really mediocre episode. "Selling out" does the same concept way better, it actually has great comedy and shows Mr. Krabs from an interesting side, where he actually cares about his restaurant, and he is the one who learns from his mistakes and saves the Krusty Krab. "Goodbye, krabby patty?", on other hand, has really flat jokes, like "Goo-goo, social-networking, ha-ha!", or how everyone's butts are growing bigger from fake krabby patties, or how everyone trows up at the end, none of the jokes made me laugh. Speaking of ending, it's copied from "Selling out", where everybody stops eating fake krabby patties, after a character told them the truth about what they are made of. There was also a big missed opportunity for some great comedy, when Mr. Krabs makes commercial, they could've done something ridiculously stupid and hilarious like in "As seen on TV", but they haven't done anything interesting. At the very end, Krabs becomes good again from simply eating a krabby patty and that's it. Again, in "Selling out" he was much more interesting, he actually cared about his restaurant, was learning fron his mistakes and saved Krusty Krab, we see his more human side (I mean, he's a krab, but I think you understand what I mean), while in "Goodbye, krabby patty?" he is just another uninspired greedy character. There's also a plot about Patrick being a super-star (no pun intended), and it's a bit better, but it's just a copy of another season 4 episode "Patrick SmartPants", but it's not nearly as emotional or funny. You can switch Patrick's fame to him being smart and there won't be much difference. And for the end, the name of the episode, "Goodbye, krabby patty?", is just stupid. Not only it is completely obvious, that nothing is going to change and krabby patties will still be there, but also the right pronunciation now is "Goodbye, krabby patty?", like it's a question, rather than simply "Goodbye, krabby patty". Also, the original name was "Factory-fresh", and it's much better, not only it just sounds better, but it's actually pretty smart, because, you know, nothing from the factory is fresh. So, that's why I think "Goodbye, krabby patty?" is really mediocre, it's just an uninspired copy of 2 way more interesting and funnier episodes. It's no near as bad as "SpongeBob, you're fired", but it's still one of the few post-sequel episodes I actually don't like.

Walik

Baby Clam
Well, let's get started!

- "New Leaf" is a brilliant episode, I still don't understand why it was so disliked
- "Friend or Foe" is quite overrated
- "Boating Buddies" is a good episode
- "Food Con Castaways" is the best of its season
- Season 10 is the worst in the entire series
- "Squid Noir" regular medium series
- "Gary's Got Legs" is a great episode

SQUIGOR

sponge on the run is not bad y'all are just mean
Well, let's get started!

- "New Leaf" is a brilliant episode, I still don't understand why it was so disliked
I agree with the first and last one

EM.

Moby Dollar
Well, let's get started!

I would say season 11 is the worst, at least in terms of like humor

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
Stephen Hillenburg was not the only guy that made spongebob what it was, heck, he only wrote 3 episodes from the first season, and the first 2 spongebob movies

Last edited:
Back