Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
The worst episodes of the show are the ones by Casey Alexander and Zeus Cervas

I thought "The Nitwitting" & "The Ballad of Filthy Muck" were written by them since they had the trademarks of their stuff (gross-out childish humor) but I was wrong

Which brings me to one of the BIGGEST issues facing this show...

Inconsistency

I'm not trying to tick off the fanbase or anything but I personally feel SpongeBob SquarePants is the most inconsistent series on TV

"The Nitwitting" and "The Ballad of Filthy Muck" are proof

Both episodes aren't well received yet they're written by Kaz, one of the show's highly-respected writers

If you look at other NickToons like Rugrats, The Fairly OddParents, Jimmy Neutron, etc you'll notice a consistency with episode quality

This is what's killing SpongeBob IMHO

For the show to truly be good again there needs to be more consistency

Again, this is just my opinion

ScumBob

sicko m0de
season 10-12 are overrated
The new animation style is really distracting and obnoxious
Season 9b was the show's best since season 3
The show started going downhill before season 4 even began
Aaron Springer became one of the show's worst writers (and artists) post-2008
The animation in season 4 is the best animation the show's ever had and they should do more of that
Sponge Out of Water was simply decent
One Coarse Meal and A Pal For Gary are some of the worst episodes ever, but they're not THE worst

Last edited:

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
Well, here’s an embarrassing one.

Season 9 is my favorite season out of all of them, which does include the first 3.

Oh, and a less embarrassing one is that “Hello Bikini Bottom!” Is the WORST spongebob episode of them all (to me).

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
I don't think The Nitwitting was the worst of season 12 so far. To my opinion, it's The Ballad of Fillthy Muck.

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
Old lady from one episode where Gary went missing is very creepy and eat all of the snails except for Gary as they tell him- RUN!

SunsetTheStupid

Part Computer or Something
Season 4 is on levels of Seasons 1-3
Season 8 isn't that bad
Season 5 is also Golden Age, not as good as 1-4
Ink Lemonade is Mediocre and not Bad
Band Geeks is a little too overrated besides Sweet Victory
Not Normal is also overrated
I will think of more later.

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
Farmerbob episode where they dance with aliens make no sense Old Man Jenkins needs friends as well gals so he can do square dancing with them

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
SpongeBob may be quality for Nickelodeon standards but when you get right down to it, it's just underwater Looney Tunes

So many elements from SBSP were taken from LT such as the live-action segments

Therefore, I feel the show is too popular for no real reason at all since it copied from classic cartoons

No offense to SpongeBob!

This is only my opinion

TheCrunchyPudding00

Part Computer or Something
The worst episodes of the show are the ones by Casey Alexander and Zeus Cervas

I thought "The Nitwitting" & "The Ballad of Filthy Muck" were written by them since they had the trademarks of their stuff (gross-out childish humor) but I was wrong

Which brings me to one of the BIGGEST issues facing this show...

Inconsistency

I'm not trying to tick off the fanbase or anything but I personally feel SpongeBob SquarePants is the most inconsistent series on TV

"The Nitwitting" and "The Ballad of Filthy Muck" are proof

Both episodes aren't well received yet they're written by Kaz, one of the show's highly-respected writers

If you look at other NickToons like Rugrats, The Fairly OddParents, Jimmy Neutron, etc you'll notice a consistency with episode quality

This is what's killing SpongeBob IMHO

For the show to truly be good again there needs to be more consistency

Again, this is just my opinion

Modern spongebob has been inconsitent but I think that’s partially due to how experimental the show has been in recent years. I would rather have a show experiment with all sorts of ideas and fail sometimes than stick to the status-quo and be consitently meh.

coft

happy hopping moron
Episodes like Club SpongeBob, The Great Snail Race & Grandma’s Kisses are episodes That Without the iconic jokes, could’ve fit well in the Late Season 5 to early season 6 period

Season 4 doesn’t deserve to be lumped in With Season 5-8 when people are discussing bad SpongeBob Seasons

Little Yellow Book is the funniest Season 9a Episode. It’s just that the episode besides the jokes suck

Truth Or Square’s SpongeBob parts aren’t that bad

Doodle Dimension is a bad episode

No Hat For Pat is fantastic

Sealand

Imitation Krab
I have 10 opinions but I will only list 3.

3. Season 4 and 5 are classic

2. I never noticed the new animation style from season 10 onwards, nor the "quality drop" of the show until reading the YouTube comments

1. Band geeks is beaten by 5 episodes;

Help Wanted (5th), Christmas who? (4th), The krusty krab training video (3rd), Have You Seen This Snail? (2nd), and The Fry Cook Games (1ST).

Last edited:
Back