Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I haven't watched the show in a very long time, but was that episode really that bad? It quickly got to 5 pages in the episode's discussion topic and a rating of 2.2. I'm just curious, since it got too much attention already.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
ElectricPikachu said:
I haven't watched the show in a very long time, but was that episode really that bad? It quickly got to 5 pages in the episode's discussion topic and a rating of 2.2. I'm just curious, since it got too much attention already.
yes it is the worst of the show

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
ElectricPikachu said:
mythix hates it, so there's your proof that it really is that bad

longtanandhandsome

Imitation Krab
Wintermelon43 said:
personally, the only episodes in season 4 that I actually hate are Squid Wood and The Thing. I don't mind All That Glitters tbh.
Completely forgot that "the thing" even happened. Not my fav.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
So many people say The Splinter is overhated or underrated or isn't bad/okay or even is good, that I think it's honestly underhated.

I prefer Sponge Out of Water to the first movie. Sure, the first movie might be funnier and more memorable, but I honestly enjoy SOOW more because it has way better characterization, and the overall tone and pacing are actually more consistent with seasons 1-3. Plus, there are some dang funny moments and amazing visuals in SOOW too.

hippythehippo

Banished
IDK if something changed in me, but I feel a bit more underwhelmed with Spot Returns now than I was back in June. It's decent, but I feel like something was missing. It's surprising I prefer Spin the Bottle, when I remember back in July people were constantly praising this and shoving Spin the Bottle aside.

Klu

Moby Dollar
While I really like the first movie and prefer it over the second movie, I don't think it would've been the satisfying ending for the series. Most characters from the main cast were mere cameos (Sandy, Gary, Mrs.Puff), for instance. Not to mention overall lack of finality, probably besides SpongeBob's and Patrick's character development. It can be final huge SpongeBob adventure, but I want something more grand from final of this series.
From the looks of it, even SpongeBob musical has more sense of finality, than anything from the show or movies itself.

Back