Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I don't really like the high use of cartoony facial expressions the characters make in the newer episodes. I preferred when they were more on model. I don't mind when a cartoony expression is used occasionally, but I don't like how frequent it is lately.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Honest Slug said:
I honestly want to know how you guys can differentiate seasons 10 and 11 to the point of liking one and disliking the other, please teach me your ways.
I don't understand it either. Season 11 is basically a slightly funnier Season 10.

Klu

Moby Dollar
I think about new animation style for the show as the natural progression from the first movie, which basically had the same art-style, just with a little bit less bright colors.

Wintermelon43 said:
I don't understand it either. Season 11 is basically a slightly funnier Season 10.
Personally, I think that season 11 while still wacky, uses this wackiness creatively. There's many really clever visual gags here, main example is episode "Moving Bubble Bass". Stories are much more creative and interesting too. There some calm episodes here and there, like "There's Sponge in my soup", "Chatterbox Gary", etc.
If season 10 felt like left overs from Ren and Stimpy, season 11 feels like SpongeBob using animation from Ren and Stimpy with tiny bit of inspiration from the golden age of animation.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
It's not about the series itself, but rather its foreign voice actors: Alexander Khotchenkov and Yury Menshagin, people who voice Krabs and Plankton, have their birthdays back-to-back: Khotchenkov was born on 26 March 1946, and Menshagin was born on 27 March 1950. Which means they are 72 and 68 now.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
A lot of people either love or hate seasons 10 and 11. Personally I think they're so hit and miss that I can't form a solid opinion on them. I don't like the episodes that are super zany and over the top, but not every episode is zany and over the top. I think episodes like Squid Noir and Grandmum's the Word have a good balance.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
It's not about the series itself, but rather its foreign voice actors: Alexander Khotchenkov and Yury Menshagin, people who voice Krabs and Plankton, have their birthdays back-to-back: Khotchenkov was born on 26 March 1946, and Menshagin was born on 27 March 1950. Which means they are 72 and 68 now.
Did you post this in the wrong thread? Because this isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Wintermelon43 said:
Did you post this in the wrong thread? Because this isn't an opinion, it's a fact.
I couldn't find the thread to that.

Back