Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Klu

Moby Dollar
I liked "the Fish Bowl". I think it's really good episode, with interesting concept, great humor and good explanation for Patrick's behavior.
While I understand why this episode isn't for everybody, I found myself enjoying it

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Hating on pre-Movie and forcing yourself and/or others to like a post-movie episode more than pre-movie episodes just because "POST-MOVIE ISN'T BAD AND IS UNDERRATED AND PRE-MOVIE IS OVERRATED" is just as bad as people blindly hating all post-movie episodes.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Not fully sure if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but from what I've seen it seems like it, so anwyay:

I didn't like Old Man Patrick too much and I think it's the weakest episode of the marathon week

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Because it's extremely mean spirited and cruel towards Spongebob. Spongebob doesn't do anything wrong, and in return, the entirety of bikini bottom, even his friends such as Patrick, make a day dedicated to getting away with him, where they leave Spongebob for weeks while he slowly goes insane, while they all build a statue of him, burn it to the ground, and dance on the ashes expressing their severe hatred for them. It's entirely undeserved and unjustified and it's really angering to see everyone do that to Spongebob. Especially considering that the other 10 minutes were great.

The entire plot of the episode was the actual ending. That's why some people hated the episode.

Klu

Moby Dollar
Art-style from season 10-11 is the best art-style, next to art-style of season 4.
Lifeless art-style from late season 5 to season 9 was the worst one.

SquareSpongePantsBob

Floating Shopping List
Wintermelon43 said:
Here's my unpopular opinion: People completely overreact to Band Geeks being the most loved episode (which is debatable anyway because Chocolate with Nuts is about just as loved anyway) to the point where Band Geeks is underrated. It's still an amazing episode.
I feel this too. Though I am biased because it's my favorite episode, I actually find Band Geeks to have been thought so overrated by people it actually makes it underrated.

Also I find The Splinter, Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy, and Pet Sitter Pat to be way overhated and though I understand why people don't like One Coarse Meal I don't think it's anywhere near a bottom 10 episode.

Maybe too unpopular for my first post with opinion...

RDSP

Banished
I personally find Restraining SpongeBob bad but not bad enough to warrant it as one of the worst of Season 8.

Back