Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Season 8 getting hate was the only good thing to come out of Mr. Enter. That unfunny bore of a season is something I don't want to be considered the savior of the show.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Season 8 getting hate was the only good thing to come out of Mr. Enter. That unfunny bore of a season is something I don't want to be considered the savior of the show.

Unfunny? :(

Also I'm pretty sure A Pal for Gary and One Coarse meal were already hated before mr enter hated them, along with many Season 6 episodes. A bunch of hated episodes had mostly positive reviews at first but then were more hated if you look at the episode discussion.

I'm actually glad he got people to hate Squid Baby though, that episode is absoutetly horrible and needs as much hate as possible. And letting people know about the mean-spirited is important. I actually didn't notice a lot of it at first, so originally I didn't hate it too much. Of course when I found out it immedieatly became my least favorite episode by a significent amount, and had I noticed it at first it would been my least favorite episode by a significent amount from the start. That's about the only good thing he did though.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
Wintermelon43 said:
Unfunny? :(

Also I'm pretty sure A Pal for Gary and One Coarse meal were already hated before mr enter hated them, along with many Season 6 episodes. A bunch of hated episodes had mostly positive reviews at first but then were more hated if you look at the episode discussion.

I'm actually glad he got people to hate Squid Baby though, that episode is absoutetly horrible and needs as much hate as possible. And letting people know about the mean-spirited is important. I actually didn't notice a lot of it at first, so originally I didn't hate it too much. Of course when I found out it immedieatly became my least favorite episode by a significent amount, and had I noticed it at first it would been my least favorite episode by a significent amount from the start. That's about the only good thing he did though.
yeah really it's unfair for an episode to get hated because a reviewer hates it

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Honest Slug said:
I think there's way worse episodes in seasons 10 and 11 imo. At least The Fishbowl has an interesting premise and a solid beginning. I can't see what Code Yellow has going for it,
Code Yellow has a more unique location not seen in most SpongeBob episodes, and at least consistently keeps itself moving. Compare to "The Fishbowl," which literally has a scene where characters count grains of sand, and primarily takes place at SpongeBob's house. While the grossout in "Code Yellow" is fairly brief, the issue of Patrick being a jerk is fairly consistent in "The Fishbowl," and is only just redeemed at the end.

To be fair, though, I don't mind either episode.

I hate to say this but I'm not a fan of Kaz's work in SpongeBob after season 9. Excluding SpongeBob's Place, Mermaid Pants and Spin the Bottle; all of his season 10-11 work has been painfully mediocre with over the top slapstick and characters being obnoxious. I don't know what went wrong, I liked/loved his season 9 work but after that, he's losing his touch. I don't think it's exactly his fault, he has been working in animation industries for a long time, so I can see why most of his recent work hasn't been so good but I have been disappointed by his work recently. Hopefully his future episodes will be much better.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
ElectricPikachu said:
Sportz? is a fantastic episode. I'm not kidding. The best episode ever IMO.
Okay, at first I thought you were joking since you were saying this like a copypasta meme, but you keep saying this now so I'm starting to question it; are you actually being serious or is this some kind of joke? :P It's getting hard to tell now.

If you're being serious than you might not want to get near any slugs :P

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Wintermelon43 said:
Okay, at first I thought you were joking since you were saying this like a copypasta meme, but you keep saying this now so I'm starting to question it; are you actually being serious or is this some kind of joke? :P It's getting hard to tell now.

Especially honest ones.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod

I'm serious. That episode is criminally underrated, if you ask me. I enjoyed that episode and the hatred is pretty much over the top.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
ElectricPikachu said:
I'm serious. That episode is criminally underrated, if you ask me. I enjoyed that episode and the hatred is pretty much over the top.
Well...... wow

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
ElectricPikachu said:
Sportz? is a fantastic episode. I'm not kidding. The best episode ever IMO.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... I don't know what to say.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... I don't know what to say.

I kinda hope somebody comes in and say that Truth or Square and Sportz are the two best episodes of the series by a significent amount now :P

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
What if I said that I think Truth or Square isn't that bad, but just okay? :P
I think it's amazing honestly. It's in my top 5 of the entire series. I like it even more than many really loved episodes, like Chocolate with Nuts, Krusty Krab Training Video, The Camping Episode, Dying for Pie, etc.

I've been waiting to find a topic like this

Episodes I dislike that most like:
Ripped Pants
MuscleBob BuffPants
Fools In April
Dying For Pie (Old opinion, I now like this episode)
Survival Of The Idiots (Old opinion, I now like this episode)
As Seen On TV
Mid-Life Crustacean
Shell Of A Man
The Original Fry Cook
The Donut Of Shame
Banned In Bikini Bottom
The Slumber Party
Overbooked
Single Cell Anniversary
Kracked Krabs
Perfect Chemistry
Squidward's School For Grown Ups*
Sharks Vs. Pods (Old opinion, I now like this episode)
Don't Wake Patrick
The Check-Up

Episodes I like that most dislike
Born Again Krabs
Funny Pants
New Leaf
Night Light
Fungus Among Us (Major)
Atlantis SquarePantis (Major)
BlackJack
Gone
Slide Whistle Stooges
Patty Caper
Toy Store Of Doom
Truth Or Square (Major)
The Clash Of Triton
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful
A Day Without Tears
That Sinking Feeling (Major)
Big Sister Sam
Barnacle Face
Home Sweet Rubble
Move It Or Lose It
Company Picnic
The Fish Bowl
Salsa Imbecilicus
Code Yellow
SpongeBob's Place
Plankton Retires
Sportz? (Major)
Patrick's Coupon

*I still dislike it, but I recently found out that it's not that much of an unpopular opinion

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Honest Slug said:
uh oh. someone else has an unpopular opinion about a perfectly harmless spongebob episode. it's the end of the world as we know it.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Greek Chorus said:
uh oh. someone else has an unpopular opinion about a perfectly harmless spongebob episode. it's the end of the world as we know it.
"""""""""""""'harmless"""""""""""""

Most people don't call One Coarse Meal a harmless episode and Sportz I find to be worse than that episode.

Back