Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
100% agree.We need more Ben Gruper’s masterpieces like The Clam Whisperer with genius poop jokes and loud characters
this is the same man who wrote Booty Scooty and had a scene in Trident Trouble where King Neptune used his smartphone

he's perfect

Klu

Moby Dollar
If Ben Gruber wrote only good episodes, like Teacher's Pests, Sanitation Insanity and Unreal Estate, I'd be more sad about his departure, unfortunately his writing is sometimes really cheap and lazy.

hippythehippo

Banished
Klu said:
If Ben Gruber wrote only good episodes, like Teacher's Pests, Sanitation Insanity and Unreal Estate, I'd be more sad about his departure, unfortunately his writing is sometimes really cheap and lazy.
Well, he has written more good than bad imo. Teachers Pests is one of the funniest episodes in a decade (at least since Roller Cowards or Dunces and Dragons). While there are cheap jokes, I kinda am sad to see him go. If he could turn down some of the not so good stuff, he can really make some good episodes. Besides, no writer can be absolutely perfect.

Klu

Moby Dollar
hippythehippo said:
Well, he has written more good than bad imo. Teachers Pests is one of the funniest episodes in a decade (at least since Roller Cowards or Dunces and Dragons). While there are cheap jokes, I kinda am sad to see him go. If he could turn down some of the not so good stuff, he can really make some good episodes. Besides, no writer can be absolutely perfect.
I think so too, but his poor episodes were really poor.

Come to think of it, every post-sequel writer is kinda inconsistent, in quality and even in style. I wonder, why? :sbdisappointed:

hippythehippo

Banished
Klu said:
I think so too, but his poor episodes were really poor.

Come to think of it, every post-sequel writer is kinda inconsistent, in quality and even in style. I wonder, why? :sbdisappointed:
Well, I didn't find Clam Whisperer to be THAT bad. Still sucks, but there is worse, and nowhere near the garbage spluttered out in 4-9a. Besides that, Krusty Katering, Trident Trouble, and Cuddle E Hugs are meh, and the rest are good imo. Thats pretty solid for a post sequel writer.

Klu

Moby Dollar
hippythehippo said:
Well, I didn't find Clam Whisperer to be THAT bad. Still sucks, but there is worse, and nowhere near the garbage spluttered out in 4-9a. Besides that, Krusty Katering, Trident Trouble, and Cuddle E Hugs are meh, and the rest are good imo. Thats pretty solid for a post sequel writer.
Tbh I watched Clam Whisperer once, so it can be a bit better than I remember it. And I still don't know what to think about Cuddle E.Hugs, I want to like it, but at the same time is was REALLY weird.

And still, Luke Brookshier was the most consistent writer of all, writing only one debatebly weak episode (Doodle Dimension), his other work was pretty amazing. Even more surprising, that he is one of post-movie writers. Maybe his work better solo.

hippythehippo

Banished
Klu said:
Tbh I watched Clam Whisperer once, so it can be a bit better than I remember it. And I still don't know what to think about Cuddle E.Hugs, I want to like it, but at the same time is was REALLY weird.

And still, Luke Brookshier was the most consistent writer of all, writing only one debatebly weak episode (Doodle Dimension), his other work was pretty amazing. Even more surprising, that he is one of post-movie writers. Maybe his work better solo.
I wholeheartedly agree about Brookshier somehow getting a resurgence of quality. I was disappointed with Doodle Dimension, but his other scripts are great, so I can let one weak script slide. Probably my favorite post sequel writer so far.

Also, Cuddle E Hugs was...something else lol.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
But that's his best episide

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Season 11 is the most fascinating season of the series. It's just such a weird Season with such a different art and writing style compared to any of the previous Seasons (Even compared to Season 10). There are so many odd stories explored in this Season (Cuddle E. Hugs, Pat the Horse, There's a Sponge In My Soup, No Pictures, Please, Chatterbox Gary, Fun-Sized Friends, etc.)

I honestly never know what to expect out of this Season, the remaining episodes could be really good, really bad, or just okay. Season 10 was mostly a bland, boring experience. Even if an episode's humor is far from funny, at least Season 11 delivers memorable and quirkier storylines than that of the bland Season 10. In general, Season 10 mostly ranges from around 4-6/10. Feral Friends is really the only amazing episode of that Season, and Sportz? is the only real horrendous mess of that Season. Season 11 has an overall larger magnitude in quality, if an episode is bad, it's a really bad episode. If it's great, it's a really great episode.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Cuddle E. Huggs isn't in my bottom 5 of Season 11. Or even bottom 7.

Doodle Dimension is in my top 5 of Season 11

RDSP

Banished
Honest Slug said:
Come on Truth or Square was way funnier than Truth or Square.
I think we can all agree though
Truth or Square was better than Truth or Square, which was equally as good as Truth or Square but worse than Truth or Square

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Eh I feel like Truth or Square is a little better than Truth or Square but I guess that's accurate enough

Back