Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I think Battle for Bikini Bottom is what truly led to the downfall of SpongeBob SquarePants!

Why people love this game is beyond me

The only thing I remember about it was the dessert world

Although I will admit it does have some redeeming qualities but not much

How's that for an unpopular opinion?

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I think Battle for Bikini Bottom is what truly led to the downfall of SpongeBob SquarePants!

:krabseyes:

Even if you didn't like the game, what does that have to do with the downfall of spongebob

Klu

Moby Dollar

HVe you even played the game? I don't remember any dessert worlds in it.
And it's just silly to call tie-in product to be a reason of seasonal rot of the show.

GuyWhoSleepsInYourCarHood

Part Computer or Something
Mikurotoro92 said:

That.... how?

Edit: Finally watched 'Moving Bubble Bass', and even though this show isn't known for continuity, IMO Bubble Bass eating their lunchs at the end led to the tension Spongebob had with him in 'Pickles'. I can't say anyone else would agree on that but it makes sense to me.

hippythehippo

Banished
Season 11 gets way too much flak. If a lot of these episodes were in 9b (Drive Happy, Spin the Bottle, Krabby Patty Creature Feature), they would have been worshiped. Similarly, if some 9b episodes which didn't get the hate they deserved (Longpants, Salsa Imbecilicus, Food Con Castaways, and Mutiny on the Krusty) were in 11, they would be teared apart. I feel like people hate on 11 because of the bad taste that 10 left behind. I still don't see how 11 is as wacky, besides a select few episodes (Clam Whisperer still ticks me more after re watching it). I still stand by 11 being better than almost every other season (besides 1-3 and 9b), and miles better than the mediocre 4 and 5.

Klu

Moby Dollar
hippythehippo said:
Season 11 gets way too much flak. If a lot of these episodes were in 9b (Drive Happy, Spin the Bottle, Krabby Patty Creature Feature), they would have been worshiped. Similarly, if some 9b episodes which didn't get the hate they deserved (Longpants, Salsa Imbecilicus, Food Con Castaways, and Mutiny on the Krusty) were in 11, they would be teared apart. I feel like people hate on 11 because of the bad taste that 10 left behind. I still don't see how 11 is as wacky, besides a select few episodes (Clam Whisperer still ticks me more after re watching it). I still stand by 11 being better than almost every other season (besides 1-3 and 9b), and still better than 4 and 5.
Couldn't say better myself. Though, I like SpongeBob Longpants, but I agree with the rest, season 11 is probably the best season since the originals.

RDSP

Banished
hippythehippo said:
Season 11 gets way too much flak. If a lot of these episodes were in 9b (Drive Happy, Spin the Bottle, Krabby Patty Creature Feature), they would have been worshiped. Similarly, if some 9b episodes which didn't get the hate they deserved (Longpants, Salsa Imbecilicus, Food Con Castaways, and Mutiny on the Krusty) were in 11, they would be teared apart. I feel like people hate on 11 because of the bad taste that 10 left behind. I still don't see how 11 is as wacky, besides a select few episodes (Clam Whisperer still ticks me more after re watching it). I still stand by 11 being better than almost every other season (besides 1-3 and 9b), and still better than 4 and 5.
Aw I like Food Con Castaways

Anyways though, I do think that Season 11 is overhated and I don't care about the "wackiness" of the animation, as long as it's slightly kept in check (like in some episodes like Grandmum's the Word and High Sea Diving).

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
-The Camping Episode is overrated, and the seabear gag is extremely repetitive. It may work once, but not every single time.
-I don't hate Squid's Visit.
-House Fancy is not as bad as people claim.
-The Bully is my least favorite pre-movie episode. I hate the bully and I hate Mrs. Puff even more.
-I Was a Teenage Gary is much better than Pet Sitter Pat. At least we expect Squidward to be negligent, not Patrick, who is supposedly Spongebob's best friend.
-The old ladies are the lowlight of Chocolate with Nuts.
-Patrick's song in Sing a Song of Patrick is forgettable.
-Jellyfish Jam is recalled just for its songs. The rest is a bit tame and tedious.
-I don't hate Plankton Retires. I actually like the ending twist.
-Mimic Madness has nothing to envy to pre-movie episodes.
-The concept of One Coarse Meal makes perfect sense, as whales do eat plankton in nature.
-The Great Snail Race is not bad.
-I don't care about Mrs. Puff getting arrested.
-S9 animation >>>>>>>>> S1 animation.
-I like the ending of Gullible Pants.
-Pearl isn't annoying. She's a kinda relatable character.
-Pineapple Invasion is the best Gary-centered episode.
-The Whole Tooth is one of my favorite episodes.

hippythehippo

Banished
Posted 30 minutes ago

-The Camping Episode is overrated, and the seabear gag is extremely repetitive. It may work once, but not every single time.
-I don't hate Squid's Visit.
-House Fancy is not as bad as people claim.
-The Bully is my least favorite pre-movie episode. I hate the bully and I hate Mrs. Puff even more.
-I Was a Teenage Gary is much better than Pet Sitter Pat. At least we expect Squidward to be negligent, not Patrick, who is supposedly Spongebob's best friend.
-The old ladies are the lowlight of Chocolate with Nuts.
-Patrick's song in Sing a Song of Patrick is forgettable.
-Jellyfish Jam is recalled just for its songs. The rest is a bit tame and tedious.
-I don't hate Plankton Retires. I actually like the ending twist.
-Mimic Madness has nothing to envy to pre-movie episodes.
-The concept of One Coarse Meal makes perfect sense, as whales do eat plankton in nature.
-The Great Snail Race is not bad.
-I don't care about Mrs. Puff getting arrested.
-S9 animation >>>>>>>>> S1 animation.
-I like the ending of Gullible Pants.
-Pearl isn't annoying. She's a kinda relatable character.
-Pineapple Invasion is the best Gary-centered episode.
-The Whole Tooth is one of my favorite episodes.
@Random Guy

Yes, Whole Tooth is one of the best of the series.

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
Face Freeze is an okay episode in my opinion.
I think Doodle Dimension is better than Frankendoodle.
I think Sportz? and Pat the Horse are great episodes.
Bunny Hunt is just decent in my opinion.
The Gift of Gum is a really funny episode in my opinion.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
TheGreatServer said:
Face Freeze is an okay episode in my opinion.
I think Doodle Dimension is better than Frankendoodle.
I think Sportz? and Pat the Horse are great episodes.
Bunny Hunt is just perfect in my opinion.
The Gift of Gum is a really funny episode in my opinion.
fixed :sbfunny:

Back