Pinned thread Unpopular opinions of yours

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
The Simpsons shouldn't be tackling and milking these political shorts (look them up on YouTube) for all its worth because they preidcted what happened on November 8, 2016 17 years.

TBS Seasons of American Dad are not the same as it was early on. I don't even see people watch these episodes anymore and I can't blame them and Mike Barker. It gets to the point where I want to watch the upcoming TBS shows because that's all how much bored I get by watching them (there is still good episodes, but they're far in-between).

Bob's Burgers would've been a funnier show if the characters didn't scream or improvise their lines all the time. Yeah, I don't mind the show itself, but it's NOT that great like everyone made it out to be.

Charcoal Sauce

Imitation Krab
I don't see how Squidward torture episodes are that bad, I don't think they are good but I don't see why everyone hates them so much, It's probably because I have no sympathy for Squidward

Also, Cinema Sins is terrible

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Most of the direct-to-video Disney sequels aren't that terrible. Sure, I hated Belle's Magical World, Mulan 2, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2, but there are plenty of Disney sequels that are tolerable at the very least, like the Lion King 1 1/2 (which was actually REALLY funny), the Lion King 2, both of the Aladdin sequels (even though the animation in the Return of Jafar was really bad), and Cinderella 3. Of course they are not as good as the originals, but eh, I've seen worse.

Leedles

Leedle
Growlie said:
Mostly, with the only honest opinion I have, I can't stand too much violence in shows or movies.
ah, so because you personally can't stand violence in tv or movies, this means that literally everyone else can't and as such they should be nonexistent to cope with your needs only?

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
Most of the direct-to-video Disney sequels aren't that terrible. Sure, I hated Belle's Magical World, Mulan 2, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2, but there are plenty of Disney sequels that are tolerable at the very least, like the Lion King 1 1/2 (which was actually REALLY funny), the Lion King 2, both of the Aladdin sequels (even though the animation in the Return of Jafar was really bad), and Cinderella 3. Of course they are not as good as the originals, but eh, I've seen worse.

While I certainly don't like almost every Disney sequel (Aladdin and the King of Thieves is the only one I find good; though I haven't seen Cinderella 3 which a lot of people seem to like), I agree with this somewhat in that while the general reception is outside of Aladdin/Cinderella 3 and Lion King 2, all the others are terrible, I only think a few are terrible (Jungle Book 2, Belle's Magical World, and a few others). I certainly don't like almost every one I've seen, but at worst, most of them are just bad, but harmless.

A few other unpopular Disney opinions because why not?

- I think Ariel is just okay. It seems like everyone either loves her or hates her, but for me, while there are some complaints I have with the character, she at least has a personality to her that makes her better than Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora.

- I never found Finding Nemo to be anything special. I don't dislike the film, and I do think there are good elements in it (mostly revolving around Marlin), but for me, it's one of the weaker Pixar films.

- While all three are amazing, I think Toy Story 3 is the weakest of the trilogy.

- I prefer the original Jungle Book over the 2016 remake. The remake is more epic and looks fantastic, but I don't enjoy the characters as much as I do in the original, the ending was weak, and it doesn't have some of the charm the first one had. It's definitely a good film, but I prefer the original.

- While I'm not a fan of them, the gargoyles from The Hunchback of Notre Dame didn't bother me.

Spongebob101

50% human, 50% dog
I think you can be in a relationship with more than 1 person at a time.
There's a good reason some people cheat - they're in love with more than 1 person. I think that's my most controversial one.

There's a good reason some people cheat - they're in love with more than 1 person. I think that's my most controversial one.

Well there are people polygamy relationships I suppose (?) and I'm no expert on relationships but If your partner in love doesn't want you to be in another relationship, then it's cheating and cheating is not okay with any good reason.

If you are in love with someone else, then I suggest you either decide which person you should spend your days with and do it in a way to not hurt both of their feelings or I suggest you bury your feelings and focus on loving your partner or get a divorce if you aren't happy with your partner.

If you believe in multiple relationships, at least be honest with your partner about it and settle this with them. But I think being in multiple relationships is too much of a work and I'm not sure if this can be much healthy for a person. Just saying.

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
Baloo said:
- I think Ariel is just okay. It seems like everyone either loves her or hates her, but for me, while there are some complaints I have with the character, she at least has a personality to her that makes her better than Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora.
Is it unpopular to say that I prefer the "traditional" Disney Princesses to the newer ones? It's not really a case of "old > new" for me, it's just that I prefer the personalities of the first three to some of the later ones. even if they aren't exactly seen as being much. I honestly find the older princesses to be far more likeable than the newer ones. Not as active, and that's a downside I suppose, but endearing IMO nonetheless.

Aurora would probably be my least favorite of the three considering she's not a significant character, screen-time considered. Do like her character outside of her movie in the book Once Upon A Dream, which makes her a little sarcastic and hesitant towards the concept of love at first sight. I won't spoil the book because it's honestly a great read.

Cinderella's perhaps my favorite of the three, and my third favorite overall (beaten by Tiana and obviously Ariel). She's got a strong heart and has faith that her dreams will come true even if she's stuck being a slave to her unloving step-family. Her kindness to animals like the mice and Bruno means that they make sure they can pitch in and help out/cheer her up whenever they can and ultimately shows immense gratitude for everything that comes across her way. The third movie also develops this significantly, making her more active while also retaining her kindness.

I'm sort of neutral with Snow White; I like her as a character, but there's not much on her to actually explain why I do. She's just that likeable, I suppose. She and Cinderella are quite similar in how they're kind and passive individuals, so...

But that's just the way I see things. IDK.

Spongebob101

50% human, 50% dog
Master WhoBruh said:
Well there are people polygamy relationships I suppose (?) and I'm no expert on relationships but If your partner in love doesn't want you to be in another relationship, then it's cheating and cheating is not okay with any good reason.

If you are in love with someone else, then I suggest you either decide which person you should spend your days with and do it in a way to not hurt both of their feelings or I suggest you bury your feelings and focus on loving your partner or get a divorce if you aren't happy with your partner.

If you believe in multiple relationships, at least be honest with your partner about it and settle this with them. But I think being in multiple relationships is too much of a work and I'm not sure if this can be much healthy for a person. Just saying.
Oh, of course, everything you said is true. It's all about the terms you set at the start of the relationship. Cheating is one of the worst things someone can do, imo. I'm in a poly relationship myself with 2 partners so no worries there -- it's just, a lot of people dont get it. Which I understand. it's all a personal thing.

Charcoal Sauce

Imitation Krab
Spongebob101 said:
well I am no expert on relationships but I guess if all the people in the relationship agree I guess it's ok

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Televised New Year's Eve specials don't do it for me. It's like the 4th of July specials on TV: mostly the same stuff every year plus 85% of the songs aren't even that interesting to me. :dunno:

I prefer to spend my New Year's Eve in bed, watching cartoons, drinking chocolate milk, and petting my cat.

Oh, of course, everything you said is true. It's all about the terms you set at the start of the relationship. Cheating is one of the worst things someone can do, imo. I'm in a poly relationship myself with 2 partners so no worries there -- it's just, a lot of people dont get it. Which I understand. it's all a personal thing.
Yeah, polygamy isn't for everyone but I'm giving a good luck to you.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Televised New Year's Eve specials don't do it for me. It's like the 4th of July specials on TV: mostly the same stuff every year plus 85% of the songs aren't even that interesting to me. :dunno:

I prefer to spend my New Year's Eve in bed, watching cartoons, drinking chocolate milk, and petting my cat.
I only watch the ball drop.

Back