Pinned thread Unpopular opinions of yours

Honest Slug said:
The Simpsons Guy was awful.

It was so obvious Seth and the FG writing staff have no idea how to write Simpsons style characters and jokes. Springfield just felt like an extension of Quahog and all of the jokes were lazy.
yeah FG staff didn't know how to write for simpsons characters but aside from Homer, I really can't tell any OOC moments from other Simpsons characters. I personally loved the jokes because they targetted both shows in a good way. I can see why people would turn off by carwash, gas scene and most of Meg's subplot but I really enjoyed the rest of the episode.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Dr. WhoBob said:
yeah FG staff didn't know how to write for simpsons characters but aside from Homer, I really can't tell any OOC moments from other Simpsons characters. I personally loved the jokes because they targetted both shows in a good way. I can see why people would turn off by carwash, gas scene and most of Meg's subplot but I really enjoyed the rest of the episode.
Lisa seemed rather OOC with her interactions with Meg. She can be snobby (Especially in newer episodes but that's a rant for another day) but she would never be outright call someone terrible unless it's someone evil like Mr. Burns or maybe Homer when he really pisses her off.

The episode felt like a lot of wasted potential both The Simpsons and Family Guy were once great shows with so much material to pull from but they focused in all of the wrong places, like Brian's subplot, the comic intro, the long chicken fight, and the car wash scene.

I'll admit Stewie and Bart's friendship was rather endearing (Plus it's a really clever representation for what was pushing the boundaries in the early 90s compared to what cartoons can do now) and some of the 4th wall jokes were great (Cleveland Show and American Dad jabs were hilarious even though I like American Dad) but the whole thing fell flat.

I like some post-season 6 episodes like Multiverse, Back to the Pilot, And Then There were Fewer, The Big Bang Theory, Mr. and Mrs. Stewie, Brian's Play, Meg Stinks, and some other stand-outs but this cross-over did nothing for me as a Simpson fan. (And retired Family Guy fan)

Honest Slug said:
Lisa seemed rather OOC with her interactions with Meg. She can be snobby (Especially in newer episodes but that's a rant for another day) but she would never be outright call someone terrible unless it's someone evil like Mr. Burns or maybe Homer when he really pisses her off.

The episode felt like a lot of wasted potential both The Simpsons and Family Guy were once great shows with so much material to pull from but they focused in all of the wrong places, like Brian's subplot, the comic intro, the long chicken fight, and the car wash scene.

I'll admit Stewie and Bart's friendship was rather endearing (Plus it's a really clever representation for what was pushing the boundaries in the early 90s compared to what cartoons can do now) and some of the 4th wall jokes were great (Cleveland Show and American Dad jabs were hilarious even though I like American Dad) but the whole thing fell flat.

I like some post-season 6 episodes like Multiverse, Back to the Pilot, And Then There were Fewer, The Big Bang Theory, Mr. and Mrs. Stewie, Brian's Play, Meg Stinks, and some other stand-outs but this cross-over did nothing for me as a Simpson fan. (And retired Family Guy fan)
I personally didn't feel like it wasted potential. Perhaps story structure wasn't the best and I didn't care for subplots, other than Stewie's (Peter/Homer one was guilty pleasure but it had it's 4th wall moments) but after how they started the plot of beer rip off, it became a blast for me. I loved how Family Guy was made fun of being a rip off of The Simpsons and the gags like Flinstones and everyone having a pair in the court room. Moments like this really made the episode for me. Long chicken fights were always so awesome for me but I admit after 5-6 mins of awesome fight, it became too gory for my taste. I admit the special had it's flaws but I really enjoyed all meta commentary on it and I didn't feel it it wasted potential, except that they should have written the ep with a simpsons writer too.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
MagicalTrevor said:
Aside from the toenail scene, House Fancy was a fairly decent episode
That's actually a popular opinion on SBM. (or at least how I see it on this side of the internet :shiftysponge:)

Here's an opinion that is very unpopular in my neck of the woods: Ranch dressing is disgusting.

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
Atlantica is one of my favorite Kingdom Hearts worlds. I love it because it's a nice change of scenery. Everyone changes form, combat's slightly different...I also love the Heartless designs, and ohmygerd Triton knows about the keyblade!!! I do prefer KH1's version to the no-combat KH2 version, but only for that reason. I do still like the KH2 version, and I love it more than Pride Lands in the same game, just not as much as KH1 Atlantica.

Also, the Ursula battles are not that bad! Her final battle in KH1 is essentially prepping us for Chernabog who appears later on yet nobody ever seems to hate on him...

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
SpongeFan257 said:
Atlantica is one of my favorite Kingdom Hearts worlds. I love it because it's a nice change of scenery. Everyone changes form, combat's slightly different...I also love the Heartless designs, and ohmygerd Triton knows about the keyblade!!! I do prefer KH1's version to the no-combat KH2 version, but only for that reason. I do still like the KH2 version, and I love it more than Pride Lands in the same game, just not as much as KH1 Atlantica.

Also, the Ursula battles are not that bad! Her final battle in KH1 is essentially prepping us for Chernabog who appears later on yet nobody ever seems to hate on him...
I honestly i'm one of the few people who doesn't rabbidly hate KH2's Atlantica. Still the level can be skipped with no consicuences.

They give us a singing Sora, and a Cover of Under the Sea in Japanese sung by the same guy who voiced Sora in the Japanese version. Gosh, I love that version.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I find those things where people online make up "families" of themselves (For example if User 1 says that User 3 is their dad and their the dad of User 4 and brothers with User 2 and their mom is User 5 and that sort of thing) extremely creepy and disturbing and just simply wrong. In fact, I think it's so wrong and creepy that it should not only be extremely frowned upon, but illegal and allow jail sentences for at least a year (Or however long people are arrested for that sort of thing) for similar reasons as other creepy stuff like stalking and ::dolphin noise::.

Edit:Serisualy? the word that's spelled similarly to "corn" is censored?

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Wintermelon43 said:
I find those things where people online make up "families" of themselves (For example if User 1 says that User 3 is their dad and their the dad of User 4 and brothers with User 2 and their mom is User 5 and that sort of thing) extremely creepy and disturbing and just simply wrong. In fact, I think it's so wrong and creepy that it should not only be extremely frowned upon, but illegal and allow jail sentences for at least a year (Or however long people are arrested for that sort of thing) for similar reasons as other creepy stuff like stalking and ::dolphin noise::.

Edit:Serisualy? the word that's spelled similarly to "corn" is censored?
When it comes to SBM it's just a light hearted thing that we don't take seriously. I wouldn't get worked up about it.

Bugs Bunny

That Screwy Wabbit
I like orchestra and classical music much more than a lot of pop songs. I feel some of it is more artistic than some pop songs, since it doesn't have lyrics that may or may not be terrible. Of course, not all or even most pop songs are terrible and I certainly like a few, but there's just something more imaginative to listening to instrumental tracks, at least for me.

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
KairiKeybasH said:
I honestly i'm one of the few people who doesn't rabbidly hate KH2's Atlantica. Still the level can be skipped with no consicuences.

They give us a singing Sora, and a Cover of Under the Sea in Japanese sung by the same guy who voiced Sora in the Japanese version. Gosh, I love that version.
I seriously need to listen to the Japanese versions of the songs again! I agree, they're amazing!

Also - pure irony that Jesse McCartney, a known singer, voices a character that doesn't sing, but Hayley Joel Osment, not know for singing, voices a character that does :lol:

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
i think breadwinners is a pretty good and creative show while i like nick jr to sorry but it has some really good shows

MagicalTrevor

Part Computer or Something
CakeCup said:
That's actually a popular opinion on SBM. (or at least how I see it on this side of the internet :shiftysponge:)

Here's an opinion that is very unpopular in my neck of the woods: Ranch dressing is disgusting.
Not at all an unpopular opinion here in the UK, and most of Europe actually. Most just know it as "that one condiment from American TV shows", and the few people that actually have managed to find it in a shop and tried it say that it's nasty stuff.

Back