"Truth Or Square" UK airdate

sireatsalot

Alien hunter
I can see Squidward, Pearl, Plankton, Patrick, and even Patchy with a British accent. :D Nobody else, though.

Airedale Lady

I am a ghost. Fear me.
Is it just me, or does it look like this ep is shaping up to be a "flashback" type episode, you know, the kind that intriduces about 5-7 minutes of new content and the rest is all clips from past epis? That's what it looks l ike from the trailer.

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
I was actually intending to ask if you, PhillipB, ever have to import episodes that have only aired in the US so far because you can't wait for them to air in the UK.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
Is it just me, or does it look like this ep is shaping up to be a "flashback" type episode, you know, the kind that intriduces about 5-7 minutes of new content and the rest is all clips from past epis? That's what it looks l ike from the trailer.
The "marriage" is a "flashback" and that hasn't ever been seen before.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
I was actually intending to ask if you, PhillipB, ever have to import episodes that have only aired in the US so far because you can't wait for them to air in the UK.
What, DVDs of them? No, I've never done that.

And if you mean torrenting, no, I have never done that with SpongeBob either.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I myself have had to do that a lot of times. Whether it was buying the DVD to watching it on TurboNick or watching it on YouTube.

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
I myself have had to do that a lot of times. Whether it was buying the DVD to watching it on TurboNick or watching it on YouTube.
Lol. I don't blame you.

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
...to the superior PAL format...
This is very opinionated, which you should probably avoid; both NTSC and PAL have their advantages.

This does result in the show going a little faster (and the pitch going higher) as PAL frame rates are higher. You can't really notice it though.
Please get your facts right: NTSC has the faster frame rate, which means if you were to convert NTSC to PAL, the pitch would actually go LOWER and the show would NOT GET FASTER... you'd just get less frames, which would not speed up/down the overall show. However, I must say that PAL does have better quality. And because PAL has a bigger picture, you'd actually lose the original quality because the overall width of the show is CUT.

Original resolution (NTSC): 720x480
PAL's resolution: 720x576
Resized NTSC: 864x576

You'd lose 17% (144 pixels) of the width of the show during the conversion of NTSC to PAL.

Next time, I strongly recommend you to check yourself before you post... your post is not only wrong, it's extremely opinionated. :spongebob:

Sources:
Demtschyna, Michael. "PAL vs NTSC." Michael D's Region 4 DVD Info Page. 07 July 2000. Web. 07 Nov. 2009. <http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Articles/PALvsNTSC/PALvsNTSC.asp>.

Kimball, Spencer, Peter Mattis, and GIMP Development Team. GIMP. Computer software. GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program. Vers. 2.4.7. The GIMP Team. Web. <http://www.gimp.org/>.​

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
...to the superior PAL format...
This is very opinionated, which you should probably avoid; both NTSC and PAL have their advantages.

This does result in the show going a little faster (and the pitch going higher) as PAL frame rates are higher. You can't really notice it though.
Please get your facts right: NTSC has the faster frame rate, which means if you were to convert NTSC to PAL, the pitch would actually go LOWER and the show would NOT GET FASTER...

I'm not disagreeing or anything, but it does seem to be higher-pitched (especially the new episodes, where you can clearly hear it higher-pitched.) Also, it does appear to be a little faster, I believe Nick UK shows it at 30 frames per second.

I know nothing about PAL or NTSC, I'm just going by what I've noticed.

Back