"Truth or Square?" Discussion

iPlankton

The Original Single-Celled Organism
It started a few minutes ago, it's pretty good. Even the Patchy segments are pretty funny. It's a collaboration of all the writers and it's widescreen, so it's a real treat. I like the stop-motion opening, but the music wasn't thrilling. Either way, it's great so far.

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
This special exceeded all my expectations. It was very well-handled and the writers obviously put great effort into it. This is probably the best SpongeBob-related anything I've seen since the mighty Atlantis SquarePantis. I loved all the flashbacks and the songs in this special. And because it was in HD, it looked very phenomenal animation-wise. And of course, more important than anything else, it was funny. VERY funny. And of course, making ANY special into a Patchy special just makes it that much more awesome. The part where he gets swallowed by a whale was pretty 'meh', but I loved the rest of it, especially the big moment of him with SpongeBob, and of course, the big guest appearances by LeBron James, Tina Fey, Robin Williams, Will Ferrell, Pink, and that... other guy were great. The only thing missing from this special was an appearance by Tom Kenny himself, but at least he got a mention, so that's fine.

Overall, I give this special a big 9.5/10. :devil:

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
Wow, it's only 6 o'clock here, it won't be on for another two hours, but what I'm reading so far from East Coast viewers seems pretty positive.

The Dark Knight

Fashionabluh
I s'pose 'll have to catch it tomorrow mornin... Sounds awesome. How was the marriage scene?

Stinkoman 20X6

I s'pose 'll have to catch it tomorrow mornin... Sounds awesome. How was the marriage scene?
Well, what we've seen from the video was the entire scene, minus a tiny bit at the end
that revealead it was only a play

It was alright, I love how everyone reacted to, "Remember when me and Sandy got married?"

Squidward: WHAT?!
Mr. Krabs: NO!
Patrick: I'M FREAKING OUT!

Spongefifi

Derpina
I...didn't love it, no, it was good, in fact, almost great, and I know it's one of those episodes that I'll want to go back and watch, but I've never been a big fan of Patchy and his subplot was just meh. But I loved the clips Patchy showed inside the whale, I laughed so hard at the "Squidward" show thing. Anyway, it was definitely a special episode, they could have done many things way better, but I liked it a lot, not as much as I was hopping but still.

Stinkoman 20X6

I...didn't love it, no, it was good, in fact, almost great, and I know it's one of those episodes that I'll want to go back and watch, but I've never been a big fan of Patchy and his subplot was just meh. But I loved the clips Patchy showed inside the whale, I laughed so hard at the "Squidward" show thing. Anyway, it was definitely a special episode, they could have done many things way better, but I liked it a lot, not as much as I was hopping but still.

Um, how'd you feel about the SpongeBob portion of the special? :devil:

RedSoxFan274

Also, Kevin Garnett > LeBron James.

THEY SHOULDA HAD A CELT!! :tonguexd: Or a Laker at the least. (Wait, does this mean I'm leaning towards the Celtics? :devil:)

Anyway, sorry, I'm turning this into a basketball thread. :tonguexd:

Spongefifi

Derpina

Um, how'd you feel about the SpongeBob portion of the special? @_@
Good, very funny. I loved muscly Patrick hitting Squidward..in fact, the Squidwrad abuse was hilarious :devil:
I think I give the eppie a 9.1 but my opinnion will change after I rewatch it, hope it's to the best.

Stinkoman 20X6

Also, Kevin Garnett > LeBron James.

THEY SHOULDA HAD A CELT!! :tonguexd: Or a Laker at the least. (Wait, does this mean I'm leaning towards the Celtics? :devil: )

Anyway, sorry, I'm turning this into a basketball thread. :tonguexd:
No one outside of basketball has ever heard of Kevin Garnett, so shut up. @_@

hasfarr

your mom
SUPER GLASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the episode, especially when...

NO
!
I
LOVED
EVERYTHING
ABOUT
IT
!

Spongefifi

Derpina

SquidwardLover

My dogs want your cereal. :)
Can someone please give me the entire episode description in detail in spoilers? I missed the first two minutes, and my brother was talking too loud for me to hear it.

Thankz! :]

bookgirl

Read a book
Well I was disappointed. I think I set my expectations too high. I did like the little other theme songs and old cartoon of spongebob though.

RedSoxFan274

• Meh-ish Opening
  • 45-minute commercial breaks :P
  • WAAAAY more Patchy than normal--in my opinion, too much
  • Not nearly as many flashbacks as I'd thought there would be and the plot of trying to escape via the vent system quickly gets really old
  • They had, what, 65 minutes of airtime? And only about 15 or 20 of it was SpongeBob, it seemed to me, I'm sure there was more than that, but there was way too little SB for my taste
  • Ending was...meh-ish -- AT BEST
  • 5TH overhyped special IN A ROW
6.5/10

Sorreh to bring down the mood, but, I just didn't feel this was all that great. It could have been so much better in so many ways.

bookworm

Vacant Tomb
It was good enough. Some great quotes. I didn't know who that guy with the weird accent was. When he was talking to Patchy he also talked with a pirate accent. Who was that? Last name Ferguson. That Scurvy song by Pink is in my head. Pretty funny overall. Lots of commercials though.

Back