Trippy Scenes

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
So, you're watching an episode of SpongeBob. It's actually pretty cool, but then it takes a turn for the weird. What's this? Spongebob has turned into a walking stick of cheese and is being eaten by a Patrick look-alike that has disturbingly realistic toenails? As he falls into Patrick's throat, his throat miraculously transforms into a Train tunnel, and a train is whizzing towards Spongebob at an incredible speed! The light gets closer and closer until it engulfs the entire screen and- Now Spongebob floats in a white void, as a dragon, into the shattered remnants of his mind.

You've just walked into a trippy-licious scene. They've existed since even Season 2 (the scene where SpongeBob falls asleep during Procrastination is crazy, you have to admit), and they seem to be done a little more often now. Episodes like Squidward In Clarinetland, Enchanted Tiki Dreams, InSpongeiac, and Bumper To Bumper have included crazy montage scenes that make you think, ".....Did the writers light up and smoke some ::dolphin noise:: before they made the episode?"

I actually think they are cool and visually creative, and they are kind of a blast to watch, if solely for the fact that they look awesome. Sometimes, they can get too random and become a little bit weird (Squidward In Clarinetland is the prime example) but I generally like them. How do you feel about them? Just curious.

squidward-in-clarinetland-1.jpg

not weird at all see

NastyPatty2002

Dead Inspector
You exceed expectations in post quality and originality :p

Not to mention strangeness O_o

And yeah.... Some of these newer episodes are indeed morbid and strange....

That eagle was VERY morbid to me O_o

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
I find the 'trippy scenes' very strange but kind of cool. I especially love the one in Procrastination. The one in BTB was pretty unnecessary though.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I'm not a fan; I don't even like the one in Procrastination very much. I can see why they use trippy scenes sometimes (when SpongeBob is tired or overworked, for example) but I would prefer it if they were shorter or toned down a little.

Like DMAP, I don't like Trippy Scenes. They're either creepy (Procrastination), annoying (Bumper to Bumper), and in inSPONGEiac and Squidward in Clarinetland, it was like the writers just got high and the episode got too random, even for a dream. So no, I don't like the way they're set up in an episode. And what was the Enchanted Tiki Dreams one again? It's been a while since I've seen the whole episode. :huh:

ringoffirejrc

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Honestly, I like them. The visuals are very interesting to me whenever shows decide to do these kind of scenes. It's like being high without doing drugs! haha :p

Depends on the scene. I mean some are kind of ridiculous ("The Power Within"), however some can be pretty funny (as seen in "Procrastination"). I wasn't a fan of Squidward's mental breakdown in "Squid's Visit". That just freaked me out.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I like them :) they're random and often weird, but there's something about the strangeness and creepiness of them that I like. I often think they're a way of going into the character's minds to show what they are thinking, but in a very weird way

NastyPatty2002

Dead Inspector
I wasn't a fan of Squidward's mental breakdown in "Squid's Visit". That just freaked me out.

:tease:Why yes! I'd love another spot of tea, Mr. Vaccuum Cleaner! :tease:CARE FOR SOME CASSEROLE?? :tease:
And what exactly was so creepy and morbid about the trippy scenes in Procrastination? You mean the darker scenes with the runaway pants and the pineapple on fire and all that?

LOL that is trippy :p
:p

Depends on the scene. I mean some are kind of ridiculous ("The Power Within"), however some can be pretty funny (as seen in "Procrastination"). I wasn't a fan of Squidward's mental breakdown in "Squid's Visit". That just freaked me out.

I wouldn't blame Squidward for that breakdown, I'd breakdown if some dumbcrap sponge was stalking me. :|

I wouldn't blame Squidward for that breakdown, I'd breakdown if some dumbcrap sponge was stalking me. :|

Yeah, Squidward should have just called the police at that point. I hate when they write Spongebob in as an antagonistic creeper.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Well, the Bumper to Bumper Trippy Scene was good at first, but then it got creepy. :umm:

Squidward in Clarinetland was a stupid episode overall, and probably one of the scariest episodes. That eagle head gives me the creeps. ._.

InSPONGEiac wasn't that good to me, either. It was just a remake of SiCL. Even the title card gives me chills. =/

All the others are great, though. :)

Well, the Bumper to Bumper Trippy Scene was good at first, but then it got creepy. :umm:

Squidward in Clarinetland was a stupid episode overall, and probably one of the scariest episodes. That eagle head gives me the creeps. ._.

InSPONGEiac was that good to me, either. It was just a remake of SiCL. Even the title card gives me chills. =/

All the others are great, though. :)

InSPOGEiac was or wasn't? :facepalm: 0_o

Web Surfer

Banished
The trippy scenes sometimes work, sometimes not. The one in Bumper to Bumper wins the award to being the most unnecessary though.

The one in Procrastination wasn't necessary either. Squidward in Clarinet was just the writers doing drugs though.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
The trippy scenes sometimes work, sometimes not. The one in Bumper to Bumper wins the award to being the most unnecessary though.

The one in Procrastination wasn't necessary either. Squidward in Clarinet was just the writers doing drugs though.

Squidward in CLARINET?

EDIT: I also agree with your comment about Squidward in Clarinetland. This episode was just filler. =/

Back