Top Ten Worst Squidward Torture Episodes

Homie

get outer my space!
DiabolicalGenius said:
Squid's Visit's amazing and really fun and a great example of what's so bad it's good
1364692519908.jpg

Homie

get outer my space!
Good_Neighbors.PNG
#8 - Good Neighbors

Writers: Mike Bell
SBmania Score: 4.3
Season: 4

Good Neighbors was the first episode that I remember watching and thinking "huh... I didn't like that one." That was a weird feeling because I felt like it was Spongebob, and I was SUPPOSED to like what I was watching. I mean, I liked everything I had watched before, so why not like this episode? Well, now I realize that this episode is actually pretty terrible and I had very good reason to dislike it.

Let's start with the premise: Spongebob and Patrick annoy Squidward on his day off. In a pre-movie episode like this, Squidward would have done something that made the actions of Spongebob and Patrick justified in this episode. Here, they are annoying Squidward for no reason whatsoever, and it comes off as annoying and PAINFUL to watch, which is just what this episode is. Squidward is getting tormented at every minute for... no reason. In a pre-movie episode like "Squid's Day Off" or "Club Spongebob", Squidward did something to DESERVE this torment. Here, it just makes no sense.

Some people think that this episode is where the show got worse. I disagree, the show got worse with "Night Light," but this is definitely the first cringe-worthy episode of the show, and I feel like it should be more infamous than it is for being the first "Squidward Torture Episode."

Good_Neighbors_28.png

Eventually, this episode just gets confused and Squidward develops a security system, which basically brings his house alive and goes about to destroy the town. Did this need to happen? Well... no. It was pointless, felt like filler, and only existed to give Squidward one last insult at the end of the episode. God, do I hate this one. I saw the downfall of the show coming from a mile away, and this was the first warning sign to me.

Kerdem

Banished
I Found Good Neighbors Funny,But Yeah Its So Mean To Squidward...

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Squid's Visit - Boring, boring, boring. I had thought about talking about this one. Maybe it will come after "The Main Drain" but there's worse out there.

Good Neighbors - Mediocre

Yellow apple

Imitation Krab
I remember Good Neighbors I never like that episode.
Squid's Visit was creepy and interesting for me.

Homie

get outer my space!
1.png
#7 - Pineapple Fever

Writers: Aaron Springer, Derek Iversen
SBmania Score: 4.5
Season: 6

Ugh... this episode. In this episode, Squidward has to stay with Spongebob and Patrick because of a terrible storm, and already there is a problem. Why couldn't Squidward have just gone back to his house, exactly? We never learn why. He could have just run back home before it got any worse. Instead, he stays with Spongebob and Patrick, practically setting him up for torment. Yeah, we're at the point where episode concepts in GENERAL stop making sense. And we're just at the beginning!

Most of Squidwards torment here is psychological, although not to the point of an episode like Squid's Visit. Instead, just general annoyance that comes from Spongebob and Patrick being enough to constantly torment him throughout the episode. What's sad is that he doesn't even have to be in this plot at all. Shoehorned in just to make a torture episode...

There are plenty of weak gags here, in true Season 6 style, such as Patrick not knowing where to put the last puzzle piece and Spongebob telling Squidward that he is cheating. I guess I can buy the stupidity, but that doesn't make the joke funny.

Also, it's ugly, in true Season 6 style.

477.png

giphy.gif

That episode is one of my guilty pleauses. Even though how stupid and annoying that episode was, It was pretty funny.

Kerdem

Banished
I Did Not Find Pineapple Fever Annoying At All It Was a Pretty Good Episode For Me Excpet For;

1.Squidward's Ripping Off Eyebrow And Skin
2.Spongebob Says ''Playing Tick Tuck Toe, '' Drinking Hot Coco'' , ''Doing Jigsaw Puzzle''... Over And Over

I Really Love When They Will Crazy That Reminds Me Of Ugh.Ending Was Funny Too.

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
Kerdem said:
I Found Good Neighbors Funny,But Yeah Its So Mean To Squidward...
I completely agree

[mod=abney317]Shouldn't bump 2+ year old topics, but since kingseye left a quality post right after I'll leave it open[/mod]

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Breath of a Fresh Squidward was actually an episode I enjoyed, where Squidward actually finds happiness (through an electric shock), and I could definitely see SpongeBob getting jealous of the fact that he's the happiest most of the time. Though the episode gets boring.

Boat Smarts was kinda funny, since the torture wasn't very long, but SpongeBob didn't get reciprocated, but it always happens.

House Fancy was a meh episode, but the toenail scene was-
A) Unnecessary.
B) Disgusting and Cringeworthy
C) More torture for Squidward.

The Play's The Thing was also boring, but was funny of Squidward to criticize Krabs since he never gets paid enough to serve the customers. But that ending was freaking god-awful crap, because Squidward didn't deserve the punishment. Heck, even SpongeBob didn't torture Squidward that much (with the exception of the "Whoopee!" scene)

Back