Top 30 Worst Spongebob Episodes 3rd Edition (inspired by MoBros' Studios) (a 3rd edition to his Top

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!


1,451 posts
$84 doubloons
Well, illiniguy34 has updated his account with ANOTHER edition of his least favorite episodes, but this time, with THIRTY bad episodes! Will you agree with his newest list? Let's see!

(WARNING: There's a LOT of swearing in the first two parts (he hasn't finished the 3rd part yet), just so you know)

From 30-21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjVG6354bEo


From 20-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C00TuaCfJyI


Also, if you don't want to sit through a whole hour, here's the countdown (so far)

#30.


#29.


#28.


#27.



#26.



#25.



#24.


#23.


#22.



#21.



#20.



#19.



#18.



#17.


#16.


#15.


#14.


#13.


#12.


#11.
 

SBManiac!!!!!!

Nope, dead again


2,354 posts

$82 doubloons
I'm actually curious as to why this guy feels these episodes need to be hated on this much as the majority of them just reek of mediocrity rather than anything that's truly bad. (I can't say anything about Don't Look Now or Seance Shmeance as I haven't seen those yet, and of course, you all know how I feel about Are You Happy Now?)

Also, judging from the thumbnails, I'm guessing we have another post-movie hater on our hands. Understandable, but it helps to be at least somewhat objective when you're judging something and I'm afraid this guy won't be completely impartial when it comes to some of these reviews. I will admit, though, that this list is a more accurate depiction of post-first-movie SpongeBob as a majority of it is, like I said, mediocre and uninteresting instead of bad.
 

Sunshine Banjo Face

Banished


7,431 posts
$3,376 doubloons
GordoktheMerry said:
Well, illiniguy34 has updated his account with ANOTHER edition of his least favorite episodes, but this time, with THIRTY bad episodes! Will you agree with his newest list? Let's see!

(WARNING: There's a LOT of swearing in the first two parts (he hasn't finished the 3rd part yet), just so you know)

From 30-21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjVG6354bEo


From 20-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C00TuaCfJyI


Also, if you don't want to sit through a whole hour, here's the countdown (so far)

#30.

Yes

#29.

sure
#28.

uh ok
#27.

meh

#26.


yes
#25.

meh

#24.

meh
#23.

meh
#22.

I actually don't hate this one but I find it meh

#21.

YES YES YES

#20.

Say what?

#19.

WHY DONT I GET THE HATE FOR THIS EPISODE

#18.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!

#17.

Sure
#16.
meh
#15.

uh ok
#14.

sure...
#13.

meh
#12.

Yeauh! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH
#11.

... :| I have no thoughts really
 

Hasbean

New Member


227 posts
$16 doubloons
*looks at countdown so far; sees Don't Look Now, Seance Shmeance, The Good Krabby Name, Sweet and Sour Squid on the list* Wait, what? Those were some of the best episodes in their respective seasons! (Looking at DLN and S&SS esp.)

I've seen parts 1 and 2 of illinguy. He does swear a lot and tries to be funny, with variable success as to the latter. But didn't he also do the top 10 best post-movie eps? So maybe he's not an unadulterated post-movie hater.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that after having reviewed 45 other worst episodes, he's choosing episodes that aren't that bad to fill his quota. Otherwise we'd get another "The Splinter/A Pal for Gary/Pet or Pests/Atlantis Squarepantis sucks---and here's why!" video, and those got old really quickly. On the other hand, it probably wasn't worth the time making a 3rd edition in the first place, seeing as he's already reviewed 45 plus the 40 MoBros did, and he'll never put one of the 60 pre-movie eps on his list, he's taken down around half of the entire SB archive.
 

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot


5,668 posts
$277 doubloons
I'm pretty sure this guy included "Safe Deposit Krabs" onto one of his worst of lists. I was really surprised that he hated that one so much.

I don't think post movie SpongeBob overall is that bad, just really inconsistent and in context a lot better than a lot of the other stuff Nick has come up with since. There are still gems here and there but you gotta sit through plenty of mediocre episodes to get to them and then occasionally there are some very bad episodes that overshadow some of the more interesting ones they did.

Also there are the overhyped specials which I've been suspecting that execs probably watered down most of them in the process. Kind of odd to see some very talented people in the animation industry like Aaron Springer or Rich Pursel credited on some really unfortunate cartoons. At times you can sometimes have a whole team of Spumco associated people credited on an episode and wonder why all that talent doesn't really make it on screen.

They could and have done way better in the past but you just get the feeling that something else is going on behind the scenes and that the episodes are getting watered down anyway no matter who worked on them and having the life, humor and comedy potential sucked out of them. Some of the "new" writers have been with the show for a long time or got their start on the first SpongeBob movie so it's mind boggling to see stuff like "One Coarse Meal" or "Squid's Visit" come from those guys. They out of all people should know better.

I will give the crew credit for trying to shake up the formula a bit with later seasons even if they did too much gross out or too many really strange, dark and bizarre episodes. It shows me that they are at least trying to make the show fresh and interesting.
 

Master WhoBruh

Cap


11,262 posts
$9,437 doubloons
#30 I hate this episode
#29 What, this episode is great.
#28 This episode is hilarious and one of the best post-movie episodes
#27 I like this episode too
#26 Underrated. One of the best season 6 episodes.
#25 WHAT? This is the best LOBB episode.
#24 BOO. This episode is hilarious.
#23 This episode is creative and enjoyable. It doesn't deserve to be on this list.
#22 I hate this one too but It's not a horrible episode. At least Mr. Krabs gets what he deserves at the end.
#21 Yes, this episode is terrible.
#20 WHAT? This episode is awesome
#19 Underrated. I like this episode
#18 It's decent but the ending is terrible
#17 WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? This episode is amazing. It doesn't deserve to be on the list. This episode is funny and well-written.
#16 I like this episode
#15 I love this one too
#14 This episode is great and 100 times better than As Seen on TV
#13 BOO. This episode is very funny.
#12 I hate suicide jokes too but the episode wasn't that bad.
#11 What? This episode is great

So far I disagree with most of the choices. Mo Bros' lists are much better.

Please One Coarse Meal is #1, PLEASE!!!
 

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!


1,451 posts
$84 doubloons
Hasbean said:
*looks at countdown so far; sees Don't Look Now, Seance Shmeance, The Good Krabby Name, Sweet and Sour Squid on the list* Wait, what? Those were some of the best episodes in their respective seasons! (Looking at DLN and S&SS esp.)

I've seen parts 1 and 2 of illinguy. He does swear a lot and tries to be funny, with variable success as to the latter. But didn't he also do the top 10 best post-movie eps? So maybe he's not an unadulterated post-movie hater.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that after having reviewed 45 other worst episodes, he's choosing episodes that aren't that bad to fill his quota. Otherwise we'd get another "The Splinter/A Pal for Gary/Pet or Pests/Atlantis Squarepantis sucks---and here's why!" video, and those got old really quickly. On the other hand, it probably wasn't worth the time making a 3rd edition in the first place, seeing as he's already reviewed 45 plus the 40 MoBros did, and he'll never put one of the 60 pre-movie eps on his list, he's taken down around half of the entire SB archive.
Well, there is still One Coarse Meal, Gone, Pet or Pests, Good Neighbors, Little Yellow Book, Squid Baby, etc. From I hear, OCM, LYB, and Squid Baby are coming up in the third part.

I see your point. When I heard of this 3rd edition, I was surprised to see that he was going to rant on more bad episodes, especially 30! I mean, and how many episodes will he have reviewed? SIXTY EPISODES, along with the ones that MoBros' reviewed (which he chooses not to cover), which would make it 100 bad episodes! While I think that he can make whatever list he wants, I seriously would want at least some positivity, rather than hatred. I mean, if Spongebob was part of his childhood, then why doesn't he do a Top 20-30 BEST Spongebob Episodes?

Also, a potential 4TH edition?
 

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot


5,668 posts
$277 doubloons
Oh my God. 4th edition of this? Really???? That's overkill. So much energy wasted talking a show that the guy isn't a fan of anymore. Even some of the bad episodes have some positive points or at least some inkling that they had an interesting premise behind them.
 

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!


1,451 posts
$84 doubloons
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Oh my God. 4th edition of this? Really???? That's overkill. So much energy wasted talking a show that the guy isn't a fan of anymore. Even some of the bad episodes have some positive points or at least some inkling that they had an interesting premise behind them.
It really is overkill. Like I said, he can make however many lists he wants, but isn't a FOURTH EDITION a little too much, especially when Spongebob used to be one of his favorite shows? I mean, I'm actually a little scared as to what's about to come up in his next edition! (Dear god I hope there aren't going to be 40 more episodes in his next worst list)
 

Master WhoBruh

Cap


11,262 posts
$9,437 doubloons
GordoktheMerry said:
It really is overkill. Like I said, he can make however many lists he wants, but isn't a FOURTH EDITION a little too much, especially when Spongebob used to be one of his favorite shows? I mean, I'm actually a little scared as to what's about to come up in his next edition! (Dear god I hope there aren't going to be 40 more episodes in his next worst list)
Forth edition? ISN'T THIRD ENOUGH? I know he hates post-movie era but If he keeps doing more editions, he is gonna put every post-movie episode on his worst list, except the ones in his top 10 best post-movie episodes list. We already have one Mo Bros, we don't need another one.
 

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee


2,884 posts
$280 doubloons
lol I can't even think of forty episodes I hate enough to put on a "worst" list. Most of post-movie, like people here have been saying, is more mediocre and uninteresting than it is outright bad. There actually isn't that much even worth hating, it's mostly just... blah. A fourth edition really isn't necessary. A third edition wasn't even necessary. @_@
 

The Guy With the Computer

===


2,748 posts
$923 doubloons
I'll submit my thoughts after it's finished.

Also, I hope Pet or Pests, Squid Baby, Little Yellow Book, One Coarse Meal, and Good Neighbors are on part 3.

Oh, and The Slumber Party as well.
 

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!


1,451 posts
$84 doubloons
HarryPotterLives said:
I just want Gone to be on the list. I'll be satisfied then.
I swear, if Gone DOES actually make it on the list and give it a full rant, I will be very VERY happy!
 

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot


5,668 posts
$277 doubloons
GordoktheMerry said:
I swear, if Gone DOES actually make it on the list and give it a full rant, I will be very VERY happy!
Maybe he's one of those guys that hates SpongeBob's character so much that he would like the ending that episode had.
 

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee


2,884 posts
$280 doubloons
GordoktheMerry said:
I swear, if Gone DOES actually make it on the list and give it a full rant, I will be very VERY happy!
Same here. Gone gets left off worst lists far too much for my liking.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Maybe he's one of those guys that hates SpongeBob's character so much that he would like the ending that episode had.
Ugh, I hope not. That infuriates me.
 

DiabolicalGenius

Mad Scientist/ Evil Genius


3,280 posts
$128 doubloons
HarryPotterLives said:
Ugh, I hope not. That infuriates me.
Yesterday in a video I was watching SpongeBob was named the first most annoying purposedly annoying cartoon character. Now I won't say he isn't annoying, but he's lovable and the reviewer said SpongeBob wears a smile that you'd just love to wipe off. :(
 

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee


2,884 posts
$280 doubloons
DiabolicalGenius said:
Yesterday in a video I was watching SpongeBob was named the first most annoying purposedly annoying cartoon character. Now I won't say he isn't annoying, but he's lovable and the reviewer said SpongeBob wears a smile that you'd just love to wipe off. :(
Aw, that makes me sad. SpongeBob can be annoying, but he's such a sweetie. :(
 

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot


5,668 posts
$277 doubloons
christmasisawesome22 said:
You guys hate Gone has much as I find it meh. Really meh. It's so meh. Meh meh meh meh meh.
I don't really hate it either and even like a lot of it. The ending just left a bad taste in my mouth though.
 
Top