TOP 15 SB Episodes everyone seems to like but I... don't.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Honest Slug said:
Actually I think most people don't like Nature Pants.
I decided to include it since it's from season 1, and some fans are usually nostalgic and tend to overlook its flaws.

3.png

Okay, the idea for this episode was less stupid than Nature Pants', and the beginning is actually very nice, with Patrick eating sand and Spongebob imitating Squidward. However, everything went downhill immediately after: he has an accident and decides to stay at home forever because outer world is full of danger... that MIGHT be true, but you just CANNOT afford to isolate from external world. And, as you probably guessed, I didn't like the ending: it's very stupid and proves the validity of Spongebob's theory. I have to admit that I don't have particular issues with this moral, but in case of presence of a dull ending like this one, I start to complain about it. Believe me, Spongebob's isolation was kind of dark. I decided to include it on this list because it belongs to season 3, and shouldn't be put on the same level as Wet Painters or Just One Bite.

Hint for #9: seesawing episode involving a specific day.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Nope, Best Day Ever is not on this list. On the other hand, it's got much more hate than my real #9.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Nope. It is:
2.png

And believe me, I'd really like to omit it from my list. I loved both the beginning and the ending, but the main problem is in the middle.
This episode has so many good things, like Spongebob and Patrick's opposite sequence, I really liked it, and also the ending is satisfying and makes sense... if only the middle part wasn't so irritating. The two talk and behave like Squidward JUST in the least appropriate moment possible, and of course much to *insert a random character's name*'s disadvantage. I'm not a fan of this kind of misunderstandings and this one was able to ruin a very good episode (it started so well). At least it ended well for Squidward, otherwise Opposite Day would have been put in my list of the weakest pre-movie episodes. Luckily, it's only on THIS list.

Hint for #8: wow, the first post-movie episode on this list so far, involving another misunderstanding.

PinkPearl

insert title here
Opposite Day is actually one of my family's favorite episodes. I can't not like it and honestly I think it's pretty funny.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
3.png

Again, the original idea was interesting, but the writers should have developed it much better. I really loved the classy Krusty Krabs flashback, Krabs' sideburns and Squidward's marvellous hair, and that's all. I don't mind Jim, he actually had quitted his job for a very good reason, in fact the worst character here is Krabs: he's a greedy moron and completely neglects Spongebob to praise Jim and even Squidward (his reaction was epic, IMO), and due to this, Spongebob actually thinks Jim is going to replace him. On top of that, in a specific scene, that idiotic crab laughs at Jim's request of increasing his salary, which confirms my theory.
Do I even have to mention those patties thrown into the toilet? Such wasted concepts.

Hint for #7: gags focus on just one object.
Hint for #6: an older, overrated, repetitive episode.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Ripped Pants is in my list, indeed. But it's not ranked #6.

11. I actually don't like this episode. It's very dull.
10. However, I love this episode. I understand your reasoning, though.
9. I love this one, too, but, again, understandable.
8. This one's mildly good, I guess.

I'm guessing #7 is The Paper.

Simon

Eating Cheese Since 1906
I luved opposite day. I completely hated the original frycook

BobCarotte

meep
Opposite Day is one of my favourite Season 1 episodes. The Original Fry Cook is not that bad imo.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
It's not The Paper.
2.png

I can't find anything special out of this episode. It's monotonous. I mean, if you want to make a gag about this secret box once or twice, I may understand, but using that gag for an ENTIRE episode, simply NO, it cannot work. The plot is ridicolous and Spongebob's attempts to discover the secret of that box start getting boring after the third time. As for Patrick, his attitude doesn't help, either: he keeps on saying "You can't see what my box contains" over and over again. It's just tedious. And what about the ending? It's simply a slap in the face of the audience. The box contained a picture. A picture we'll never see, and how are we supposed to laugh at something impossible to be laughed at? Even back then, I was like "Hey, I want to see that picture as well. Stop laughing all by yourself." Overall, the ending was the cherry on top of a stupid episode, so it's coherent, I guess.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
2.png

I don't get why some fans like this one. It's bland and absurd: Spongebob is no bodybuilder, but how weak can he be if he isn't even able to lift a glass? I know it's done for laughs, but... it's just ridicolous. Besides, the weight challenge is too predictable, there's no twist or turn of events, it's an one-way challenge. The ending is also harsh: I mean, why the **** should lifting weights be essential? You can also live without it. But nooo, writers had to give Spongebob a comeuppance for what he had been doing, whereas maybe in other episodes (Shuffleboarding, Boating Buddies, Choir Boys, Cephalopod Lodge), he was much more annoying and got away with it, anyway. Such inconsistency really makes me mad.

Hint for #5: can Squid abuse ruin a prospectively good episode? Of course, it can.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Good Neighbors isn't a good episode at all.
Another hint #5: it's a post-movie episode.

Back