Today's teens go "huh" when they see/hear stuff from back in the day

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Oh, gosh... ☺

I can remember experiencing every single one of those things.

The funny part is, it wasn't that long ago. Moreover, I never felt deprived of today's tech which didn't exist yet - what we had was cutting edge.

Kids who think the world began in 2005 ought to be slapped upside the head. 😋

But really, I'm serious... 🤨

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
So very, very glad I got to experience VHS as a kid. The frustration people had when everything upgraded to DVD, I can now relate to with everything upgrading to digital streaming. :)

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
I can relate to most of that, especially the downloading part and the channel flipping. Those sure were the days, its crazy to think how much things have changed.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
I remember these:

vhs-guac-780x410.png

...and these:

Set+of+vintage+audio+tapes.jpg

Two things from my childhood I thought were great pieces of media!

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Even though this definitely isn't geared towards me (I'm a teen) I can remember some of this stuff. Especially the Netflix one. But yeah, it's weird to see what's changed.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
I still have homemade VHS tapes and audio cassettes I made when I was a kid. My family didn't have internet in our home until I was in high school, so myself, my brother and our neighbors had a lot of fun making home movies, playing street hockey, and basically growing-up the "old fashioned way."

;)

warblower99

Chop those gravy bars
I watched VHS tapes ALL THE TIME when I was little. The Sound Of Music was on two seperate tapes, too. Plus, who remembers this beauty:

Puppycat

Floating Shopping List
Born in 2001. Had CDs, www, flipping through channels/the TV Guide Channel, VHS tapes, Netflix DVD, MapQuest, a manual window-opener (I forget in who's car), disposable cameras, long downloads, my mom's car had a cassette player...I could go on for a while.

I guess despite just turning 18 I'm too old for this list.

Back