THQ Announced SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated (remaster)

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
My brother, sister and I spent endless hours playing the original on PlayStation 2 back when this site was in its infancy. I don't have any of the current gaming systems at the moment, but I'm psyched for this. Even if they don't change much beyond the graphics - let's face it, Battle for Bikini Bottom is the gold-standard for story-driven world-immersion in the SpongeBob universe. It's a classic, and I'm confident they'll do it justice!

:whoo:

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Rehydrated indeed! Those renders look gorgeous! I'll have to save up for one of those consoles so I can play it. :)

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
I loved Battle for Bikini Bottom as a kid, probably my favorite of the Spongebob games I played back then alongside Operation: Krabby Patty and Employee of the Month. So glad to see that THQ is back in the game. šŸ˜

SpongeTube

Imitation Krab
It's a top-3 platformer of that era. I enjoyed it more than Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper. I still own it and will probably play it again soon. Glad they are revamping it.

ShayL

Imitation Krab
I vaguely remember the old game only because I've seen walkthrough videos on youtube. I never really played the original but I'll probably pick up the remastered version for PC, if at all possible. I'd love to check it out. I haven't played a Spongebob game in ages. I used to have Revenge of the Flying Dutchman for Game Boy Advance, and Operation Krabby Patty as well as Employee of the Month for PC

Back