This show has been downhill for a while

garylover234

Imitation Krab
While it used to have interesting characters, it now has annoying and unfunny characters. The show has constant gross humor in the newer ones. The characters personalities have changed a lot considering how spongebob was a jerk in A pet for Gary. There's just so many things wrong with this show now. I have been a fan of the show since 99 and for being a fan that long, I can say there has been a BIG change in the show but not a good one.
I think it started to go downhill in 2006 or 2007. Am I the only one who thinks its gotten downhill?

You're not the only one. Many people thinks It's been going downhill. Are you another post-movie hater?

garylover234

Imitation Krab
SB_DW_Fan said:
You're not the only one. Many people thinks It's been going downhill. Are you another post-movie hater?
Actually I said the show went downhill in 06. TWO years after the movie came out.

Im just going to go ahead and say it went downhill in 2007. It had some memorable episodes in 06.

garylover234 said:
Actually I said the show went downhill in 06. TWO years after the movie came out.
I used to think SpongeBob's been going downhill too but now I think this show's been improving since season 8.

garylover234

Imitation Krab
mandythepharmacist13 said:
Here we go again...
Haha, you sure are funny. This is actually the first time I have complained about the new episodes. Learn to deal with it. People have different opinions.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Sigh, another topic like this? How many of these are we going to have?

Yes, the show started going downhill after the movie. Yes, characters' personalities have been flanderized and they're less likable. Yes, the humor and writing isn't as strong as it used to be. Yes, there are still some great post-movie episodes. Supposedly things started getting better in Seasons 8 and 9, I wouldn't know because I haven't watched most of them yet.

There, I think that about covers everything that's usually said in topics like this.

garylover234 said:
Anything else you want to add?
garylover234 said:
Haha, you sure are funny. This is actually the first time I have complained about the new episodes. Learn to deal with it. People have different opinions.
People aren't getting annoyed because you have an opinion. Excuse my language please, but people are getting annoyed because the topic on quality has been made about 5204 ::dolphin noise::ing times. Please, please just look at the older threads from this month. There is at least three topics on quality.

I think the show's getting better, most think it's better, some only like pre-movie, a few don't care at all.

Hasbean

Flying Dutchman's Sock
No, you're not the only person who thinks the show has decreased in quality. In fact, outside of fan sites, that's pretty much a universal opinion. Are you still watching the show so you can make a fair assessment on the quality post '07 eps (AP4G was '10)?

Rihanna

Giant Clam
Here we go again...Have you ever AT LEAST seen a single season 8 or 9 episode? That where the show started improving

tEMMIE

hOI!!!
T_T
You know what i'm sick of?
People who go on some site and be like "THIS SHOW SUCKS TOO MUCH MERCH CANCEL IT"
(Facepalm)
Now, here's the thing:
What if you DIDN'T watch the first 3 seasons of the show?
You would watch it, and have a similar feeling to your reaction to the Glory Era.
I swear, the next time somebody posts another one of these Post-Movie-Hate-Messages (Throws chair out window) I WILL GO INSANE ON YOU.
Any remarks?

CalvinFan64 said:
T_T
You know what i'm sick of?
People who go on some site and be like "THIS SHOW SUCKS TOO MUCH MERCH CANCEL IT"
(Facepalm)
Now, here's the thing:
What if you DIDN'T watch the first 3 seasons of the show?
You would watch it, and have a similar feeling to your reaction to the Glory Era.
I swear, the next time somebody posts another one of these Post-Movie-Hate-Messages (Throws chair out window) I WILL GO INSANE ON YOU.
Any remarks?
8117.jpg

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
I think people need to lay off of this guy. How is a new member supposed to know about past topics?

@the topic: SpongeBob went downhill from about 2007-later 2010. Since 2011 and Season 8, however, things picked up. Characters got better, plots got better, and jokes got more funny. They toned down almost all gross jokes in the show, and the comedy is much cleaner and more honest. The show is a lot better now, I recommend watching some newer episodes from Season 8.

Notable Episodes From The Silver Era
-Eek, An Urchin- Season 9
-Planet Of The Jellyfish- Season 8
-Home Sweet Rubble- Season 8
-Plankton's Pet- Season 9
-Jailbreak- Season 9
-A SquarePants Family Vacation- Season 8
-Ghoul Fools- Season 8

There are many more, but these are very good episodes. I think your opinion would change after watching them. The show has taken a sharp upturn since the quality dip from 2007-2010.

Jibbix said:
I think people need to lay off of this guy. How is a new member supposed to know about past topics?
The topic "Do you like New SpongeBob" is literally on the first page. :P

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Sandy died said:
The topic "Do you like New SpongeBob" is literally on the first page. :p
"Do You Like New SpongeBob" and "Do You Think The Show Has Gone Downhill", while related, are still two different questions. The point still stands. :P

Jibbix said:
"Do You Like New SpongeBob" and "Do You Think The Show Has Gone Downhill", while related, are still two different questions. The point still stands. :p
Although I agree with you, people tend to answer both questions with exactly the same answers.

I think it would be better if a quality thread just got pinned altogether.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Can we just pin a topic similar to this so we don't have to keep seeing similar topics being made so much?

Back