This show has been downhill for a while

The Vampyre of Time

Moby Dollar
Another topic along these lines. I'm not a huge fan of the new episodes but this is still getting repetitive.

I've said I liked post-film, but really I despise 2007-2011 so much. 2012-present is decent, but I think they are overrated, to be honest.

(Plus, I love every single pre-film era episode.)

SpongeBox

Floating Shopping List
I like plenty of episodes after the movie. While I'm aware of the changes to the show, I don't think it really sucked after the movie like a lot of people have.

garylover234

Imitation Krab
spongebobfan64 said:
Here we go again...Have you ever AT LEAST seen a single season 8 or 9 episode? That where the show started improving
Yes.

CalvinFan64 said:
T_T
You know what i'm sick of?
People who go on some site and be like "THIS SHOW SUCKS TOO MUCH MERCH CANCEL IT"
(Facepalm)
Now, here's the thing:
What if you DIDN'T watch the first 3 seasons of the show?
You would watch it, and have a similar feeling to your reaction to the Glory Era.
I swear, the next time somebody posts another one of these Post-Movie-Hate-Messages (Throws chair out window) I WILL GO INSANE ON YOU.
Any remarks?
Edgy.

Sandy died said:
People aren't getting annoyed because you have an opinion. Excuse my language please, but people are getting annoyed because the topic on quality has been made about 5204 ::dolphin noise::ing times. Please, please just look at the older threads from this month. There is at least three topics on quality.

I think the show's getting better, most think it's better, some only like pre-movie, a few don't care at all.
TBH I just find Spongebob unfunny at the moment. And annoying at times.
I don't think the show is getting better. The amount of gross humor, annoying characters, and repetitive moments in the new episodes is what makes me not like it.

Hasbean said:
No, you're not the only person who thinks the show has decreased in quality. In fact, outside of fan sites, that's pretty much a universal opinion. Are you still watching the show so you can make a fair assessment on the quality post '07 eps (AP4G was '10)?
Yes actually.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
garylover234 said:
TBH I just find Spongebob unfunny at the moment. And annoying at times.
I don't think the show is getting better. The amount of gross humor, annoying characters, and repetitive moments in the new episodes is what makes me not like it.
So did you just totally ignore my post about how the show has become the opposite of everything you just mentioned, or...?

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
garylover234 said:
Am I the only one who thinks its gotten downhill?
Do you live under a ::dolphin noise:: rock?

Joking aside, I think you should watch newer episodes. Season 8 - season 9 episodes. They are really an improvement.

garylover234

Imitation Krab
Jibbix said:
I think people need to lay off of this guy. How is a new member supposed to know about past topics?

@the topic: SpongeBob went downhill from about 2007-later 2010. Since 2011 and Season 8, however, things picked up. Characters got better, plots got better, and jokes got more funny. They toned down almost all gross jokes in the show, and the comedy is much cleaner and more honest. The show is a lot better now, I recommend watching some newer episodes from Season 8.

Notable Episodes From The Silver Era
-Eek, An Urchin- Season 9
-Planet Of The Jellyfish- Season 8
-Home Sweet Rubble- Season 8
-Plankton's Pet- Season 9
-Jailbreak- Season 9
-A SquarePants Family Vacation- Season 8
-Ghoul Fools- Season 8

There are many more, but these are very good episodes. I think your opinion would change after watching them. The show has taken a sharp upturn since the quality dip from 2007-2010.
Okay.
squidwardisawesome22 said:
I've said I liked post-film, but really I despise 2007-2011 so much. 2012-present is decent, but I think they are overrated, to be honest.

I agree with this so much....

Season 8 and 9 i

Jibbix said:
So did you just totally ignore my post about how the show has become the opposite of everything you just mentioned, or...?
Yes, I just read it. I'll try to give those episodes a try. I havent watched SB in a while.

squidwardisawesome22 said:

To be honest, I find pre-movie seasons more overrated than season 8 and 9. Some people still think SpongeBob is getting worse and most of them don't like season 8 and 9 much.

garylover234

Imitation Krab
SB_DW_Fan said:
To be honest, I find pre-movie seasons more overrated than season 8 and 9. Some people still think SpongeBob is getting worse and most of them don't like season 8 and 9 much.
Spongebob from 2007-2011 was terrible. Season 8 and 9 are improvments. But the pre-movie seasons hold a special place in my heart. I'll like those a lot better.

garylover234 said:
Spongebob from 2007-2011 was terrible. Season 8 and 9 are improvments. But the pre-movie seasons hold a special place in my heart. I'll like those a lot better.
TBH, most people, if not 95% of the fans like pre-movie better. However, I definitely have post-movie episodes that will beat certain pre-movies (I think New Digs is tons better than Dumped, for example)

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Spongebob went downhill. Now it's improving. I like all pre-movie episodes. I also like a lot of post-movie episodes. Spongebob is getting better since season 8-9. Some episodes from season 8-9 has the quality from season 1-3, and some episodes has the quality of it's own season what makes it special.

My english isn't very good. I'm from holland ^_^

MasiHosseini said:
Spongebob went downhill. Now it's improving. I like all pre-movie episodes. I also like a lot of post-movie episodes. Spongebob is getting better since season 8-9. Some episodes from season 8-9 has the quality from season 1-3, and some episodes has the quality of it's own season what makes it special.

My english isn't very good. I'm from holland ^_^
Your english is better than mine and I've lived in the US all my life so that's a good start, eh? XD

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Even among superfans I think it's pretty much a majority (but not unanimous) opinion that the show went downhill to some degree. The difference in opinion is usually over the extent of the damage. Some people find the newer episodes to be an ungodly abomination and a disgrace to the name of SpongeBob; others just don't like them quite as much on average.

"Post-movie" covers such a wide range of episodes now that it's difficult to lump them all together and judge them as one entity. Just a few years ago "post-movie episodes" was synonymous with "the bad episodes" but nowadays fans tend to be more specific about which seasons or episodes are bad.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Seasons 5, 6, and 7 were downhill. Season 8 has a few memorable moments like "It's A SpongeBob Christmas" which is my favorite post-movie episode. Seasons 8 and 9 have been improved, but I criticized Little Yellow Book, due to Squidward's high antagonism. I know most of fans dislike that episode. Season 4 was OK, but some episodes like Ghost Host weren't fascinating.

Back