Things you like about episodes you dislike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This topic is pretty simple what are things you like about episodes you don't care for?

I hate Truth or Square but I do like that they made the episode HD, the animated intro is nice, and I think the song near the beginning is very good.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I was a Teenage Gary (which is a light scumbob for me): The ending was funny, I honestly find it hilarious.
Boating Buddies: "Chocolate rain!"
The Clash of Triton: The audience fish, and the decorations in the Krusty Krab.

Sweat

Banished
I hate A Pal for Gary, but pretty much everything before Puffy Fluffy comes along is good.

spongebobsfreckles

Imitation Krab
Pat gently comforting Sponge in A Flea in Her Dome.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=r3LrpAuEYMfWrDhWEFfNfSOfFAPT2Lerk98DuIVIqKM%3D

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I got a few MOAR:
*The 30% cuter joke in "Yours, Mine, and Mine"
*The opening parallel shots in "Good Neighbors"
*The song in "To Love a Patty"
*Patrick NotStar in "Hide and then What Happens?"
*Squidward throwing out his brain at the end of "Whatever Happened to Spongebob?"
*Patrick reading the book on counting in "The Card"

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
Hide and Then What Happens: Patrick Notstar
One Course Meal: The begining fight scene
Party Pooper Pants: Underwater Sun
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom: The place where they held the Kelpy G concert

More

VIP
I guess I'll name a few

Stuck in the Wringer: It's a moral mess for the most part but one thing that makes it stand out is that Patrick actually feels genuinely guilty for what he's done and tries to fix the problem he caused, something that's rare but sweet.
Face Freeze!: Robert Ryan Cory's artwork is incredibly well-done and unique, if disturbing.
Atlantis SquarePantis: The opening was quite nice, keeping the quirky charm of the eleven-minute episode's SpongeBob-Patrickj Dynamic and is probably the most joke-dense. It also had the most tolerable musical number.
Waiting: I don't know why but it's really fun to imagine how crazy it was when they were recording it.
SpongeBob's Last Stand: It may have botched it's moral through hijacking Plankton into it and being extremely one-sided in it's worldview, but it's still a really satisfying one. It tells a story all the way through, show's the emotional rollercoaster SpongeBob went through and, at least from a kid's perspective, I feel that the core gets through that it's good to help this earth.
You Don't Know Sponge: The joke where SpongeBob asks what gender he is and Patrick just yells "pass" gets me every time.
The Card: As damaging to the episode as it is I just think that Patrick's self-awareness bit was pretty funny.
It's a SpongeBob Christmas!: It's been overreported that the animation's incredible and I can't help but agree. It's so fluid, so cheery and so squeezable and captures the essence of both the show and the holidays perfectly.
Planet of the Jellyfish: A few quick gags at least help it from being more freaking confusing as heck than it already is.
Pet Sitter Pat: The striking improvement from A Pal for Gary (and really most episodes) in just about every way, from almost perfecting the pace to giving SpongeBob extremely good characterization, just emphasized by it's dark and disturbing but laugh-out-loud jokes at just about every second. I'd love this episode given I didn't feel guilty towards it's subject matter.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I hated "Sponge out of Water" but I loved the drawings, animation, character designs, and background paintings. I also laughed really hard at that hospital patient joke near the beginning of the film. It was the one joke that got a laugh out of me.

also, Antonio Banderas was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back