They Should Make an Episode That Consists of Just Shorts

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
Like what they did in season 5, minus the 11 minute segments. Just a bunch of shorts that range from 30 seconds to 4 or 5 minutes. I think it would be a nice change in format for the show, and would allow the artists and writers to get really creative and maybe try different art styles. Maybe it could even be like an animated version of the Spongebob Comics. I dunno, I would like to see them try it.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
The closest I saw was "The Algae's Always Greener," because in theory the episode could easily be divided into sketches; ie, Krabs!Plankton meets Squidward, Krabs!Plankton meets Pearl, etc.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
BabySmitty said:
The closest I saw was "The Algae's Always Greener," because in theory the episode could easily be divided into sketches; ie, Krabs!Plankton meets Squidward, Krabs!Plankton meets Pearl, etc.
Well I didn't really mean an "episode", but a 30 minute block of shorts, or a even variety show type thing. The shorts would all be episodes of their own.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
JerryTheSnail said:
Well I didn't really mean an "episode", but a 30 minute block of shorts, or a even variety show type thing. The shorts would all be episodes of their own.
That sound wonderful. Like the Uncle Grandpa episode divided into segments by guest animators? THAT WOULD RULE!

Reactions: Reg

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
BabySmitty said:
That sound wonderful. Like the Uncle Grandpa episode divided into segments by guest animators? THAT WOULD RULE!
I haven't seen that one so I'll have to check it out, but I think that's where I'm getting at. Like, imagine a Bob Flynn Spongebob short! That would be awesome!

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
JerryTheSnail said:
I haven't seen that one so I'll have to check it out, but I think that's where I'm getting at. Like, imagine a Bob Flynn Spongebob short! That would be awesome!
*screams* A BOB FLYNN SPONGEBOB SHORT?! I'M SOLD!!!

Or even better- a Spongebob short storyboarded, drawn, painted, and animated by Stephen Hillenburg, in the style of his older films! :D

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
BabySmitty said:
*screams* A BOB FLYNN SPONGEBOB SHORT?! I'M SOLD!!!

Or even better- a Spongebob short storyboarded, drawn, painted, and animated by Stephen Hillenburg, in the style of his older films! :D
Exactly! That's an awesome idea!!!! That would be perfect for the show, just to have the creator work on the show hands on again, even if it's just for one short!

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
JerryTheSnail said:
Exactly! That's an awesome idea!!!! That would be perfect for the show, just to have the creator work on the show hands on again, even if it's just for one short!
How about an Aaron Springer-animated short akin to his Calarts student film?
A short featuring guest storyboard artist John Kricfalusi?
A short animated by Nick Cross?

:,D

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
BabySmitty said:
How about an Aaron Springer-animated short akin to his Calarts student film?
A short featuring guest storyboard artist John Kricfalusi?
A short animated by Nick Cross?

:,D
You know, I'm starting to wonder why they haven't done this already!

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
It'd be neat to see that happen, definitely would distinguish it compared to other episodes.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
BabySmitty said:
I'm not sure! Maybe the multi-part episode could have some sort of framing device?
They could set it up as Patchy reading a SpongeBob comic, and as he gets to each story it switches to animation in the art style of each artist.

Maybe he's supposed to be hosting an episode like normal but then something goes wrong (cable/electricity goes out) and he has to improvise with the comic instead.

Back