There were originally more "Moar Krabs" drawings in the original storyboard for Jellyfish Hunter...

https://twitter.com/adampaloian/status/955552704608088064

Pretty creepy stuff. If these drawings were actually added to the episode, they would probably scare the living heck out of me. Jeez.

DULNHrIU0AECpNL.jpg

DULNHrPVMAABZu7.jpg

Look at the second picture in the spoiler or look at the Twitter post.

BobCarotte

meep
If they actually showed these scenes, I would have avoided Jellyfish Hunter just like I did with Wormy when I was a kid. This episode was actually one of my favourite episodes in my childhood because of Moar Krabs. I've found it more funny than scary. What if they actually added these creepy Krabs designs? I would have been really scared and I wouldn't have found that face (:moar:) as funny as I actually do because of them. :krabso_o:

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
McSponge said:
Interesting. It's neat to see cut variations of what would become a classic visual gag. It's kind of interesting to learn this gag was limited, and resulted in being funnier than it originally was. Kind of shows how great comedy has it's limitations.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, It wouldn't be as funny if it happened muitiple times for a few seconds rather than the one time it happened for that split second. Glad it was changed, even if the other ones were...... interesting

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I would have been scared of this episode for several years if it didn't choose the least scary face. (AKA the one that is actually used in this episode)

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
We would've gotten more Gentle Breeze remixes, sure, but I think I've might've avoided Jellyfish Hunter for years just like I did with Karate Choppers because of the hot sauce drop.

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
Actually, I wasn't phased by the scary faces as a kid (Squidward's insane face in Squid's Day Off scared me when I was 8 or 9; but I later learned they re-used the face in Suction Cup Symphony which I remember watching when it was new, and I don't remember it being in the episode so for some reason it didn't scare me then) so maybe it wouldn't scare me back then?

Back