The writers seem to hate Dirty Bubble

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
Thing's only been in 6 freaking episodes to this date. Heck, even Man Ray's been in more episodes than him, and that's saying a lot, since he debuted before Man Ray.
When Dirty Bubble does appear though, he's only given a minor role and/or only a cameo. And even if he does speak, I must say that Tom Kenny does a bad job voicing him because he doesn't imitate Charles Nelson Reilly at all. (Kenny's version sounds a bit like Meatwad from ATHF :rofl:) Come to think of it, Reilly was still alive at the time of the fifth episode. Why didn't they get him again? John Rhys-Davies returned to voice Man Ray. So why not Reilly?

BTW, how come Dirty Bubble's eyes don't go over his head when surprised anymore? They only did that in MMBBII, amirite?

Kaiju

I love SBM
they probably don't know when to use him

he might reappear in man ray returns who knows

ScumBob

sicko m0de
Shinobu Oshino said:
BTW, how come Dirty Bubble's eyes don't go over his head when surprised anymore? They only did that in MMBBII, amirite?
why does this matter if its something so minor
let alone if it only occurred in one episode?

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Didn't Dirty Bubble's voice actor die? They probably don't want to get a wait they use Tom Kenny now. I don't know why he hasn't appeared again. I don't think the writers hate Dirty Bubble though.

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
SnowyCob said:
why does this matter if its something so minor
let alone if it only occurred in one episode?
I just wanted to know why that doesn't occur anymore. IMO, it was kinda cute.

Kaiju said:
they probably don't know when to use him

he might reappear in man ray returns who knows
I'm betting only Man Ray will show up in that episode. After all, it is named after him.

And what's up with the fedora they've been putting on Dirty Bubble lately?

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
Well, the Mermaid Pants episode was pretty cute, and IMO they should have made Dirty Bubble the antagonist of the sequel instead of Man Ray. IDK, we'll see when the episode airs.

YuYuYuuki

Glitter Gloss
I liked both Dirty Bubble and Man Ray as a kid, especially the scene in the fifth Mermaid Man episode where Dirty Bubble said "Make him eat dirt!"

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
You wanna know who Dirty Bubble sounded like in his first appearance? Go to 0:20 in this.

(I am not responsible for any nosebleeds or explosions caused by Swayzak's new voice.)

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
Before "Dirty Bubble Returns", his last appearance (not counting mentions and cameos) was in "Patrick Man", which came out in 2012.

YuYuYuuki

Glitter Gloss
It reached its peak once they made Nosferatu recurring. That was supposed to be a one off gag!!

FryBob PattyPants

Semi-Anthropomorphic Sponge
What ever could've happened to Clean Bubble though? I really liked him as a character, but it looks like he couldn't stay clean and ended up getting mean (in the Captain Pipsqueak Season 13 episode, Dirty Bubble returned).

Back