Sponge Out of Water The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
RomNick said:
How can they reference the first movie if the events are happening BEFORE THE FIRST MOVIE?!?!?!? This, my friend, is nitpicking. I'm glad they didn't reference it! No screwing with continunity!
There's no mention that the second happens before the first. Chronologically, this movie occurs 11 years after the first. What else does one expect? It's not nitpicking if there's truth behind what I'm saying. :P

Supmandude said:
Because SpongeBob has no continuity
Truest statement ever.

Supmandude

Squog
I was trying to remember if there were any clips cut from the movie that were in the trailers and now I forget, was Squidward getting caught in the can-holder-thingy in the movie? I know they thankfully cut "those guys must work out" and replaced it with a much funnier line that I won't spoil, but I'm not sure about the other moment.

11th

Moby Dollar
Supmandude said:
I was trying to remember if there were any clips cut from the movie that were in the trailers and now I forget, was Squidward getting caught in the can-holder-thingy in the movie? I know they thankfully cut "those guys must work out" and replaced it with a much funnier line that I won't spoil, but I'm not sure about the other moment.
Nope, it was cut. (Or just promotional.)

I wonder if anything was removed that we didn't see at all? It'd be interesting to see the original cut. I feel like it could have been a decent amount longer.

Slash?

Spongebobs1fan

Floating Shopping List
Wow what a surprise. Hilarious jokes, great older spongebob references, and overall so enjoyable.

Should only be funnier the second viewing
Saw it in 2d gonna see it in 3d this weekend hopefully

4.5/5

Supmandude

Squog

Oh yeah. :(

Also, I saw it in 3D and I quite enjoyed it. I don't usually like 3D that much, because I feel it's a distraction that adds nothing, but here it looked fantastic and I felt actually added to it. Glad I saw it this way! Another thing I don't like about 3D is that I wear glasses in real life and I'm not a huge fan of putting glasses over my glasses, but this movie was so great that I didn't care about that once! :)

Developer of Awesomeness
SB_DW_Fan said:
I'm pretty sure she'll like it.
lawl. I'm a guy, but thanks. I know: female avatar. :lol: It's just my thing.

RedSoxFan274 said:
Jeez, if MDPP liked it, it might actually be pretty good. :|
I usually do like movies......? -_~ I'm just not an avid movie watcher. However, I'll make an exception for SpongeBob. ;]

I did like it. I really did. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Question:

Some of the reviews criticize the movie for having puns and lowbrow humour. Is it the kind of dumb humour we've always known and loved and therefore as fans wouldn't have a problem with (FINLAND!-type stupidity and Patrick running away with his pants around his ankles) or worse than that? Do you think the jokes were a similar level of sophistication (well ... un-sophistication) to the first movie?

Developer of Awesomeness
DadMom AngryPants said:
Question:

Some of the reviews criticize the movie for having puns and lowbrow humour. Is it the kind of dumb humour we've always known and loved and therefore as fans wouldn't have a problem with (FINLAND!-type stupidity and Patrick running away with his pants around his ankles) or worse than that? Do you think the jokes were a similar level of sophistication (well ... un-sophistication) to the first movie?
It's mostly reference jokes, so it's the long-term fans that will find the movie hilarious. There's some poop jokes, but it's only a few, unlike the first movie.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
SB_DW_Fan said:
Sorry, I thought RSF was talking about MadMom AngryPants. My mistake.
MADMOM

DadMom AngryPants said:
Question:

No, the jokes were way more un-sophisticated than the first movie, but not in an immature way. There are some fart jokes and stuff, but in general it's a lot more trippy and less serious than the first movie... which isn't a completely bad thing. ALSO THEY LEFT THE BABY'S "SPANGHBAHOB" IN OMG YES YES YES YES YES

Just a question: I guess I missed it, but when did Patrick say
"Finland!"?

Developer of Awesomeness
BrickSponge2015 said:
Just a question: I guess I missed it, but when did Patrick say
"Finland!"?
It was at the very beginning of the movie...

...when SpongeBob and Patrick are fighting Plankton, shortly before SpongeBob fires the ketchup and mustard while Patrick holds the mayonnaise.

Back