Sponge Out of Water The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Supmandude said:
No, he'd stopped reading it by that point, right? The page falling into the water affected the outcome of the story so things that he hadn't originally read happened. At least that's the way I remember it. I still haven't had the chance to watch it a second time yet.
I think the "Magical Book" was the most confusing aspect of the movie for me.

I didn't get it at some points like what SpongeCob said above, the last page nonsense etc. A little confusing. =/

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
I just saw it!

THAT was a great movie! At the moment, I prefer this movie to the first one. But, I have only seen this once.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Well, I've finally managed to see it and now it's time to review it (some big spoilers below)

That may have been the best thing I've seen come from SpongeBob in a long time, in fact I think it even beats the first movie. Unfortunately, the trailers really do spoil all the 3D sequences at the end, in fact, they even show the way Burger Beard gets defeated in some of the adverts! That said, this movie still didn't disappoint. There were so many scenes that made me laugh, it was like non-stop jokes. (I'll also admit that part where Karen and Plankton share their last words was kinda sad, it's really sweet when Plankton shows just how much he really loves Karen)
Something that I really loved about this movie was the SpongeBob/Plankton team-up. Ever since this movie was first announced, I was hoping that Plankton would not be the main antagonist since that would be completely predictable, so it was a pleasant surprise to see how Plankton was portrayed in this movie. It was nice that they made him a protagonist for once. Also, the part where everybody turns on SpongeBob, believing he was working with Plankton, was really unexpected. I was expecting something like just nobody believing SpongeBob whenever he said Plankton was innocent
I've gotta say, I also loved the callbacks to previous episodes. I noticed several references, including "My leg!", a reference to The Secret Box, that reference to "I only cried for 20 minutes" is rather subtle, but brilliant once you see it

Now for the CGI segments, unfortunately most of what you've seen in the trailers and clips is pretty much what you get. Still, there's plenty of moments that you don't see in the trailers that still make it funny. What I'm happy to see is that it wasn't the chipmunk-style segment that I was worried it might be, and the CGI animation was brilliant
As a bonus, the 3D was magnificent. This was the first time I've ever seen a traditionally animated film in 3D, so I was really impressed with how well the 3D worked even in the traditionally animated scenes

The main disappointment for me was that the trailers spoilt what would've otherwise been an awesome twist at the end of the film, but instead, we already know what's going to happen right from the beginning. Also, I liked the seagulls, but they didn't really do that much to contribute to the movie

Spongeb0b

Baby Clam
My first post and review! MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD, I'M NEW HERE AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE SPOILER TAGS.

I've watched spongebob since I was about 3? Spongebob was released in 1999, a year after I was born, and even as a baby, my parents said we watched it together. In 2004, I was ill in hospital, and as a treat after making it out of there alive, we watched the spongebob squarepants movie! it was beautiful, and it was and still is my favourite nickelodeon movie to date!

fast forward 11 years and my interest in spongebob died down a little, i mean, i still watched it but it was usually just repeats of the more less interesting episodes on nick in the UK. I played the CURSE OF THE KRABBY PATTY DS game as well as nicktoons unite! but yeah, other than that, eh, I lost interest.

But then I heard of "Sponge out of water" and was so so excited, so here's my review of the classic nicktoon in 2015.

The plot was interesting, it was something different as I totally didn't expect anything spongebob related to have time machines and time travel, I mean, i know there's the episode of spongebob where squidward goes into the "fuuuuutureeeeeee!" but I kind of just forgot so it was totally unexpected. The chemistry and relationship between spongebob and plankton was genius, nothing like I had seen before on the show. It's not like they never had any lines together or plots but the movie just was perfect with them as "friends".

The teamwork song was hilarious and the "right now i wish i was in a comaaa!" made me almost wet myself laughing in the cinema, along with the beautiful traditional animation, it looks even better in 3D. The time travelling transitions and the art style during that was mind-boggling, the way it reminded me of classic art pieces yet the characters wobbling and moving in mid air..

N.E.R.D's song, "squeeze me", fit perfectly and made it oh so trippy which made me smile like an idiot. Bubbles the dolphin's voice actor was great and the randomness in it was perfect. The CGI parts were, eh, okay, i guess, but it's only because i'm so used to the 2D drawn characters, kind of like when Jimmy neutron went into Timmy Turner's world and looked bad in 2D, it's just because we're not, or i'm not used to them being in different dimensions, unless it's a video game of course.

The pirate parts reminded me of Patchy the pirate, although it would've been great to actually HAVE patchy and maybe even the narrator in it, i mean, tom kenny plays / voices them both so why not?

This review was really badly written. Basically, I think it was amazing and no one should die without seeing it. It was great, the music score was awesome, the animation brilliant and the story was decent.​

I honestly hated the superhero parts and the story book, i mean, I "get" the idea and I understand spongebob logic but this was just awful story telling and pure laziness to get characters to gain powers and expand the already long story. The book plot was okay, but I honestly think they could've come up with something a lot better and less cliché.​

Summary :

Good, the movie was out-standing and I wish I could re-live the day I watched it because boy, I LOVED it! Go watch it in 3D too, it's awesome. 4.5 / 5

ScumBob

sicko m0de
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cR6J1rEX8c&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully this wasn't posted already
I would've posted this on the original thread, but I don't want to spoil the Live Action scenes

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Some questions:

-Why did the baby yelling, "SPANGEBAB" annoy everyone? (So I've heard)
-Why did it make everyone uncomfortable when Squidward was on the girls back slipping and sliding? I thought it was funny and surprised that they got away with it :P

and the girl was hawt :pattongue:

Supmandude

Squog
Hey, guys, I was chatting with a friend online and she said TGIM was in the movie when she saw it. She lives in Scotland. Any other people in the UK see this scene?

BeanoSponge

Supmandude said:
Hey, guys, I was chatting with a friend online and she said TGIM was in teh movie when she saw it. She lives in Scotland. Any other people in teh UK see this scene?
Nope

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
I do have to say though: I was very disappointed in the fact that "Thank Gosh It's Monday" was not in the theatrical release of the movie. I heard a rumor that it may be on the DVD copy, but disappointing nevertheless.

BeanoSponge

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:
I do have to say though: I was very disappointed in the fact that "Thank Gosh It's Monday" was not in the theatrical release of the movie. I heard a rumor that it may be on the DVD copy, but disappointing nevertheless.
It will be on the DVD. According to Walmart

Over 45 Minutes Of Exciting Extras; Includes Full-length Animated Music Video "Thank Gosh It's Monday".

Back