Movie News The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run Nickelodeon Censorship

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
This is really interesting. When I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to say "crap" or any of its derivatives (or at least, it was very much implied I shouldn't say that word, y'know?). But as I got older, I started noticing that more and more kids movies started using "crap" in their dialogue, so I was of the mind that "crap" was kind of being accepted as just a stand-in curse word rather than a swear on its own. But I suppose not. Honestly, idk what's even wrong with the word "crap", but okay.

"Freaking", though, now that's just really weird to censor considering the word itself is already a censored version of the other word.

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
This is really interesting. When I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to say "crap" or any of its derivatives (or at least, it was very much implied I shouldn't say that word, y'know?). But as I got older, I started noticing that more and more kids movies started using "crap" in their dialogue, so I was of the mind that "crap" was kind of being accepted as just a stand-in curse word rather than a swear on its own. But I suppose not. Honestly, idk what's even wrong with the word "crap", but okay.

"Freaking", though, now that's just really weird to censor considering the word itself is already a censored version of the other word.
Yeah. Also, some 90's Nicktoons like The Ren & Stimpy Show used the former word a lot.

Back