Movie News The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run - confirmed! *SPOILERS*

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I think this movie is going to completely flop in terms of sucking, because this formula sounds like something that would work. I like the design to it, I like the idea of it, and I love the way it's teased. I think this movie will be a huge success.

Fred's leg!

Imitation Krab
I have to agree with most, the title is worrying. However when the SOOW trailers came out I know MANY people who where worried it would be in the same vain as the Chipmunks movies, paired with the post sequel era being a renaissance for the show I'm cautiously optimistic for this one! (Though I hope we EVENTUALLY get a follow up to the first film)

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Would be cool if the first film got a sequel, but the It's a Wonderful Life plot could work out with SpongeBob, unlike the Fairly Odd Parents, if they actually try (which I know they will with a movie), then this could be truly great, which I'm sure we all hope for.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
Would be cool if the first film got a sequel
I don’t think the first movie need a sequel since he’s supposed to be the ending of the series. And even if this happens, who will be the antagonist of the movie ? Plankton is in prison, a Burger Beard return would be cliché and i don’t feel like other vilains like The Flying Dutchman or the vilains from the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy show can be good main antagonists for a movie. I think that a all-new (non-human) vilains for the sequel of the first movie would be more interesting than a returning one.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Birds858 said:
I don’t think the first movie need a sequel since he’s supposed to be the ending of the series. And even if this happens, who will be the antagonist of the movie ? Plankton is in prison, a Burger Beard return would be cliché and i don’t feel like other vilains like The Flying Dutchman or the vilains from the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy show can be good main antagonists for a movie. I think that a all-new (non-human) vilains for the sequel of the first movie would be more interesting than a returning one.
Maybe not the Dutchman's or MM&BB's enemies by themselves, but a team up between them, with an adventure that has, Squidward, Sandy, and more characters besides SpongeBob and Patrick, could really work well.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
It probably is, considering the title. That or it's just sheer coincidence.
It’s not because the title is a parody of "It’s a Wonderful Life" that the movie is. And even if this is case, well, the movie will be boring in a way that, it’s will probably not be bad but it’s was not necessary to make a entire movie for a plot who is better in a special episode instead.

Birds858 said:
It’s not because the title is a parody of "It’s a Wonderful Life" that the movie is. And even if this is case, well, the movie will be boring in a way that, it’s will probably not be bad but it’s was not necessary to make a entire movie for a plot who is better in a special episode instead.
I don't exactly understand what you're trying to say here.

darkrage6

Floating Shopping List
Don't know if it's going to be a wholesale take on "It's a Wonderful Life"(which is a case where I actually enjoy parodies better then the original, as I found it be a forgettable movie, hell it only got popular in the first place due to constant reruns in the 70s) or if that's only going to be part of the plot. Either way i'm intrigued.

Here's how I think the plot might go: Bikini Bottom is having a big anniversary celebration with the Krusty Krab doing the catering, Spongebob suspects Plankton is going to attempt to steal the formula at the event, but in his attempts to stop Plankton he ends up ruining the celebration, resulting in the entire town getting pissed at him. While aimlessly roaming around depressed, Spongebob runs into the Flying Dutchman, who decides to show him what life would've been like without him ever having existed. This turns out to be part of Plankton's plan(turns out the Dutchman is the one person who actually likes Plankton's chum, so he bribed the Dutchman with his entire supply of it to get him to do his bidding) as with Spongebob busy (and Krabs too distracted bemoaning the loss of money over the ruined celebration) Plankton now has the perfect opportunity to steal the formula. Meanwhile Spongebob discovers that in the future life would be much worse without him-Plankton is the ruler of Bikini Bottom(which has become a futuristic dystopia ala Blade Runner) and all of Sponge's friends are slaves to him. Spongebob then gets stranded in the future and has to fight to help the rebellion overthrow Plankton and also find a way back to the present, after doing so Spongebob decides not to go through with wishing himself out of existence, the Dutchman then lets it slip that it was Plankton's idea, so Spongebob then has to stop Plankton's latest plan(which involves finally building the Mega Bucket) form coming to fruition and win back the town's approval.

Imagination

Bomb-Selling Pirate
darkrage6 said:
Don't know if it's going to be a wholesale take on "It's a Wonderful Life"(which is a case where I actually enjoy parodies better then the original, as I found it be a forgettable movie, hell it only got popular in the first place due to constant reruns in the 70s) or if that's only going to be part of the plot. Either way i'm intrigued.

Here's how I think the plot might go: Bikini Bottom is having a big anniversary celebration with the Krusty Krab doing the catering, Spongebob suspects Plankton is going to attempt to steal the formula at the event, but in his attempts to stop Plankton he ends up ruining the celebration, resulting in the entire town getting pissed at him. While aimlessly roaming around depressed, Spongebob runs into the Flying Dutchman, who decides to show him what life would've been like without him ever having existed. This turns out to be part of Plankton's plan(turns out the Dutchman is the one person who actually likes Plankton's chum, so he bribed the Dutchman with his entire supply of it to get him to do his bidding) as with Spongebob busy (and Krabs too distracted bemoaning the loss of money over the ruined celebration) Plankton now has the perfect opportunity to steal the formula. Meanwhile Spongebob discovers that in the future life would be much worse without him-Plankton is the ruler of Bikini Bottom(which has become a futuristic dystopia ala Blade Runner) and all of Sponge's friends are slaves to him. Spongebob then gets stranded in the future and has to fight to help the rebellion overthrow Plankton and also find a way back to the present, after doing so Spongebob decides not to go through with wishing himself out of existence, the Dutchman then lets it slip that it was Plankton's idea, so Spongebob then has to stop Plankton's latest plan(which involves finally building the Mega Bucket) form coming to fruition and win back the town's approval.
So... a mix of the first movie, Truth or Square, and the second movie?

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
darkrage6 said:

Yeah I could see that, could make for a great movie.

Uncle Sherm

Bomb-Selling Pirate
darkrage6 said:

isn't this just the plot of Shrek Forever After though

Back