Movie News The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run - confirmed! *SPOILERS*

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
No thanks

SpongeBob parodying "It's a Wonderful Life"?

The movie will probably revolve around Squidward attempting suicide, given the source material
Okay the title is ridiculous but I don't think you should assume what it's going to be about already, which obviously isn't going to be something as morbid as that. This is a kids movie...

Coffee_lover

Banished
Based on the awful title,I'm very curious to know what structure and direction the film will have.More relaxed with a focus on dialogue humor like 9B,or more wacky and cartoonish like 10-11.And I can not imagine how the second option can work.Don't get it wrong,I really like this new style of humor that show have,but it only works in 11 and maybe sometimes in 22 minutes format,but not like 90 minutes-long movie

Klu

Moby Dollar
Based on the awful title,I'm very curious to know what structure and direction the film will have.More relaxed with a focus on dialogue humor like 9B,or more wacky and cartoonish like 10-11.And I can not imagine how the second option can work.Don't get it wrong,I really like this new style of humor that show have,but it only works in 11 and maybe sometimes in 22 minutes format,but not like 90 minutes-long movie
I doubt that movie will be like some episodes from 10 and 11 seasons. Closest thing to that probably would be the animation style from the first movie.

spongebranch

Banished
Oh boy. An "It's a Wonderful Life" parody in SpongeBob for the first time with SpongeBob. (There was The Algae's Always Greener with Plankton)

I can guess the plot is "SpongeBob being shown what it would be like in Bikini Bottom if he never existed" to be honest.

10$ that the animation is a mix of Season 11/12 and the 2nd Movie

Imagination

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Hm... SB movie titles aren't usually very exciting, are they? Considering how many clever titles most of the normal episodes had (you know, before stuff like "Salsa Imbecilicus came to be"), you'd think they'd put a little more effort than "It's a Wonderful Sponge".

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
YAY! I'm so excited for 2020, especially the 3rd SpongeBob movie. In that year, I'm already in college at that time. Grab your popcorn & Coke ready because this movie will hype us up SO HIGH!!!

giphy.gif

excited_pinkie_pie_by_yetioner-dbws0tk.png

Uncle Sherm

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Disappointing that Paul Tibbitt isn't directing it anymore.
I don't know what to expect from Tim Hill because he's written for the series and the first movie, but everything else he's directed and written is.....ehhhhhhh

Klu

Moby Dollar
Uncle Sherm said:
Disappointing that Paul Tibbitt isn't directing it anymore.
I don't know what to expect from Tim Hill because he's written for the series and the first movie, but everything else he's directed and written is.....ehhhhhhh
At least he knows how to do SpongeBob, every episode he worked on was really good.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
YAY! I'm so excited for 2020, especially the 3rd SpongeBob movie. In that year, I'm already in college at that time. Grab your popcorn & Coke ready because this movie will hype us up SO HIGH!!!

giphy.gif

excited_pinkie_pie_by_yetioner-dbws0tk.png

(Both of them are my reaction to the 3rd SpongeBob movie!)
:pattongue:

As for Tim Hill, I looked at his Spongebob history and he wrote the movie and many good episodes, and I think on the meh/bad side, there was like 1 episode I only thought was okay or something and that was it

Didn't look at his other history though, but I've heard it was bad so idk. Kinda think it might still be good though because his Spongebob history is good.

Night-Waker

Moby Dollar
Keep in mind this could possibly be a working title and may change. Like others have mentioned, it's way too soon to be jumping to conclusions based on the title alone. For all we know, the plot could be completely different

That being said, I swear to Neptune if it does end up being a It's a Wonderful Life parody... -_-

Back