Movie News The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run - confirmed! *SPOILERS*

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Doowop said:
I'm kinda hoping this movie is a direct sequel to Sponge out of Water. There's still a lot that was left unexplained in the movie about the magic book and the nature of the surface world.
That's implying that SpongeBob has continuity...so, I wouldn't keep your hopes up.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I never thought there would a third movie. I know it is for the show's 20th anniversary, but at the same time I feel like it is kind of soon about a third movie. I'm not sure what it is going to be about. I hope it goes well, that is all I can say. :/

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
TheGreatWizard said:
In my opinion, it's to soon, SOOW is just sinking into some of the fanatics of SBSP. And for someone to immediately announce another movie is...weird. I mean sure, Star Wars, Hunger Games, etc. announce them, but they are PLANNED trilogies, the Spongebob movies haven't showed any relevance to each other, and showing no continuation of anything (but all SpongeBob is like that), and the third move just seems, rushed. And it's obvious that Viacom wants money. The other problem is, what if SpongeBob ends after Season 10? Are they going to make another 3-4 year season just to make the movie popular? I'm very skeptical, especially due to the fact I'll be a freshman in college when this comes out, so I doubt I'll see it.
Not all trilogies start out as trilogies, however. Back to the Future was filmed in 1984 starting with Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly. They fired Eric Stoltz during the filming of part I and got Michael J. Fox to play Marty McFly for the remainder of the film. The movie was released in theaters Summer 1985.

Robert Zimeckis/Bob Gale/Steven Spielberg had no plans for a Back to the Future sequel originally. People started writing fan letters between 1986 and 1988 which prompted the directors to create a sequel.

In 1989, both part II and part III were filmed back-to-back in 1989 (both parts were originally meant to be part of a single movie, but it was split in two, (in parts II and III, Marty's father, George McFly was played by Jeffrey Weissman since they could not get Crispin Glover to come back, and Jennifer Parker was portrayed by Elizabeth Shue, since Claudia Wells could not return), with part II being released during the holiday season of 1989 and part III being released Spring 1990. In parts II and III, Marty's father, George McFly was played by Jeffrey Weissman since they could not get Crispin Glover to come back, and Jennifer Parker, Marty's love interest, was portrayed by Elizabeth Shue, since Claudia Wells was not available at the time.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Do we know when exactly the movie will take place? The first movie apparently took place AFTER the second one. So what about this one?

Most likely it will take place before the 1st movie as well. Stephen Hillenburg said that the first movie is chronologically the end of SpongeBob's story.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Apparently, the movie had been pushed back to 2020, meaning we'll be seeing SpongeBob past 2019. I should say production problems, but maybe they're taking their time to put effort to the animation and art. Which means, we are going to have like 3 theatrical movies based on cartoons that year. I am ready for the next few years, if the future of animation are to indicated

IAmBagel

it keeps happening

MisterWisp

Baby Clam

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
'Member the last time a Nick show tried to parody It's a Wonderful Life?

pcsbhYW.jpg

President Squidward said:
Am I the only one who thinks the title sucks?
I'd say most sane people would agree with you.

Back