Which is the worst out of the pairing?

• The Splinter

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Slide Whistle Stooges

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
I picked Slide Whistle Stooges because at least The Splinter doesn't need to be muted while watching it. I'm serious I don't think I would last watching Slide Whistle Stooges without muting it or walk away. The Splinter at least doesn't have any sounds of that hurt my ears the entire episode. That doesn't mean though that The Splinter isn't any better in visual.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Award said:
Ok seriously I hate SWS more because THE SPLINTER IS NOT GROSS! IF YOU WANT GROSS GO TO THE INVADER ZIM EPISODE DARK HARVEST! NOW GROW UP AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT BEING GROSS, BECAUSE I ACTUALLY LIKE THE PLOT AND EXECUTION!
Sorry I just had to say that so even if I liked SWS it would still lose.
Dark Harvest wasn't even that disgusting, and I watched it when I was 8! Also, The Splinter actually educated me to stay away from uncarved wood. :P

But I agree that The Splinter doesn't even remotely compare in grossness. If you want grossness, watch shows like Ren and Stimpy and Invader Zim.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
That One Random Boss said:
Dark Harvest wasn't even that disgusting, and I watched it when I was 8! Also, The Splinter actually educated me to stay away from uncarved wood. :P

But I agree that The Splinter doesn't even remotely compare in grossness. If you want grossness, watch shows like Ren and Stimpy and Invader Zim.
I mean by it was so dark that you could consider it gross.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Award said:
I mean by it was so dark that you could consider it gross.
Consider it both. Dib's x-ray goggles when he looked at Zim when he was full of organs was pretty nasty. I LOVED how dark the episode was. In complete honesty, I hope SpongeBob gets some darker episodes. Definitely not as dark as Invader Zim, but darker in general. Maybe go SLIGHTLY further than Are You Happy Now, but with more intense and action-packed plots.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
I don't recall that much grossness in Invader Zim. Ren & Stimpy, definitely; but not IZ. It's a darker series, which goes hand-in-hand with Jhonen Vasquez, and is one of his lighter works.

Sweat

Banished
todd phillips said:
but those were great yadda yadda yadda yadda.
Okay Todd, for once, I'll just ask you nicely. Could you please give reasons for your opinions? Instead of actually being constructive, it seems like these opinions are mindless. Plus, now you're just being sarcastic about it, with the "yadda yadda yadda" and such. That's unacceptable. Just please actually know what you're saying before you spew out random biased opinions like that. Just once could you give people some supporting details.

2000sKid

Giant Clam
I honestly like both. SWS is one of my top 50 episodes. However, The Splinter is worse. The Whistles don't bother me as much as the visual disruption of The Splinter.

Hasbean

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I believe The Splinter is decent. It has some cool moments with the opening sequence, and a few good lines from Squidward. I only cringed at the TV twice: when Pat drives the Splinter in further and when Mr. K pulls the Splinter out. It is generally uncreative and gross at parts, but I've watched it so many times (more than it deserves, tbh), I'm desensitized.

I remember Slide Whistle Stooges being annoying with the ear-piercing whistles and nothing very interesting happening. I may not have both sides, but The Splinter wins this one pretty handily for me.

More_Spongebob said:
What episodes don't you like!
None. He will forever be a mindless fanboy, unable to think thoughts of its own.

If this thing has a single bit of conscience, than my faith in humanity is outright DOOMED! I would expect this garbage from eight years olds. You are in your twenties. You are older than the majority of us. You would have graduated from HIGH SCHOOL by now. Yet, you continue to shame us younger ones. Disgusting. This guy has either a severe brain tumor, or is a giant middle-finger to this forum. "Respect your elders", my arse. GROW UP.

Cannonball Jenkins said:
"Respect your elders", my arse.
I agree with your whole post, no matter how harsh.
This was stated wonderfully though. But not to be completley off topic.

The Splinter is honestly not as horrible IMO as most would think. I thought SWS was just plain numbing, while the Splinter was actually a teensy bit likeable.

lol 11,111 posts

Cupofjoe

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I would give my edge to The Splinter. It was probably the grossest Spongebob episode I have ever seen besides House Fancy and A Pal for Gary.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
To tell you guys the truth, I actually don't have a problem with neither of the episodes.

I actually LIKE The Splinter a lot. It's not even that gross. The only gross part in my opinion is when Patrick's hammering SpongeBob's splinter in. THAT'S IT. The splinter itself didn't gross me out that much at all really, even when I was in 4th grade watching this when it first came out.

The actual episode overall was really good, and SpongeBob was REALLY likable and adorable in the episode, as he really doesn't want to leave work. Kinda similar to Suds, right? (That's a good thing)

I also really liked when SpongeBob was trying to act cheerful to Squidward when he's saying "Look at me, nothing's wrong" in a sing-songy tone and when he was always insisting "But I'm fine".

The plot was decent to me too, and I liked it.

As for Slide Whistle Stooges, I thought it was alright. Kinda similar to Snowball Effect, The Paper, Bubblestand, Idiot Box, Squidville, ect. since Squidward actually joins in and enjoys SpongeBob and Patrick's fun.

I didn't like the ending though, especially that whole hospital scene.

Back