The Scientific Formula to Determine the Quality of an Episode

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
dubbi said:
It's not a big deal. I'm objecting to OP's claim that he has a devised a scientific formula to determine the quality of an episode. He's not just sharing his opinion -- he's proposing an objective rating system, which I find fault with.
It was a joke.

There is no way to determine the scientific formula to determine the quality of an episode because scientific formulas are based on facts. This is just a formula I made to calculate how funny an episode is to help people who are struggling to determine "Which episode is funnier? X or X?"

Even the most objective rating systems for episodes are based on opinions. These things will always BE based on opinions. I happen to find New Student Starfish a hit n' miss episode. That's why it scored low.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
This would all depend on what you are grading in the episodes. There will probably never be a quality grade that everyone agrees with. You might be best if you rate them on your own opinion, and just let everyone know that. ;)

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
dubbi said:
It's widely considered to be a good episode. A good rating system shouldn't be very divergent with popular opinion.
Many people don't like it. Like me.

Tacomaster

Moby Dollar
Imagine reading the entire thread and watching someone get angry because they have a different opinion. “A good rating system shouldn’t be divergent from popular opinion?” Puh-lease.

There are a few things that might be missing here, but that was mentioned, and putting jokes first is a good idea. SpongeBob is a comedy show, after all.

Back