The Petition To Get Jibbix in that SB Writer's Room ASAP (no Rocky)

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Alright fellow SBM bros, it's time I get something out of the 5 years I've sunk into this place (Jesus, has it really been that long? I gotta reevaluate my life man wow).

For years now, you may have noticed in my frequently more infrequent posts that I bring up writers a lot. Like, a LOT. Back before the days of Mr. Enter and PieGuy bringing up these guys non-stop (and getting people to roast them on Twitter - but that's none of my business), yours truly was mentioning them in topics, wondering who was going to be on the writing team for the second movie, making a topic to analyze them, and was even indirectly responsible for the first post-movie staff/site contact (I think? Although it wasn't that positive lmfao, s/o Robertryan Cory), plus I gave ssj the idea to interview writers. I also drew Paul Tibbitt something really nice one time that he liked on Twitter (years later). Ya boy was out here defending Paul Tibbitt and Luke Brookshier, praising Marc Ceccarelli before people even knew that people wrote these SpongeBob episodes.

You may be wondering - why? Why dedicate all these years and topics and studying to writers? Well, my dear friends, it's very simple: it's what I want to do. In some form or another, your boy here wants to be a writer in the television and film industry (that's why I'm in college man), and shows like SpongeBob, Phineas and Ferb, and Gravity Falls are a big part of the reason for that. I've attempted things in the past: I wrote some pretty mediocre SpongeBob fan fiction called Dimension Hopper Pants that's sadly still on SBM, I did some much better fan fiction a couple years later that's called Foestream which was notable because I DREW THE WHOLE THING (it's still pretty bad tho, my art is a million times better now). I also collabed with Tyeamwork (lol remember him) and wrote a 37 page (!!!) script that actually turned out pretty well despite our differences. And outside of SpongeBob I have a couple actual screenplays written and did some work on a short film in college - listen, the point of that gigantic list is, I've got a little experience in this writing thing, much of it Sponge-related.

Now it's up to YOU, loyal reader, to get Jibbix from kid eating cereal in a college dining hall, to kid WRITING FOR SPONGEBOB (or contributing to it in some small way) (or at the very least getting my idols to recognize me yknow). Y'all got TWITTER! Some of y'all TALK TO VINCENT WALLER! ON TWITTER! Imagine if all of SBM (and C) banded together to propel a member to STARDOM! It'd be so nice! So spice! So life! A triumph for SpongeBob sites everywhere! Tweet Vincent! Tweet Marc! Sherm! ADAM PALOIAN OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL HIS LAST NAME! TIBBITT HIMSELF! GET ME IN THERE PEOPLE! GET ME IN THERE!

...please?

#getjibbixintheSBwritersroom

(I'm like half-joking with this but hey whatever happens happens, YOU HAVE THE CAPABILITY, yadda yadda. I'll be updating this post with links to my stuff)

PinkPearl

insert title here
That's quite a goal! Good luck to you.

Let me just say though...as an English major who's been looking for paid writing opportunities, getting a job, especially for a TV network, is probably more than just petitions and Tweeting your stuff at the writers. You're going to have to work hard, maybe go to college or try to work your way towards other art-sy programs (which maybe you did/are doing already?), polish your stuff a little. Then if there's an opportunity (and the staff is actually looking for writers), you can apply. You should do some professional work before trying to get a job like this and probably get published somewhere so you have a real portfolio that isn't SBM posts/fanfictions/etc (not that your stuff isn't good, of course, but writers want to see professionalism). Doing a short film in college is certainly a step in the right direction.

That said, if this is what you want to do, don't be afraid to get after it. Who knows, maybe other opportunities will present themselves too.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
PinkPearl said:
That's quite a goal! Good luck to you.

Let me just say though...as an English major who's been looking for paid writing opportunities, getting a job, especially for a TV network, is probably more than just petitions and Tweeting your stuff at the writers. You're going to have to work hard, maybe go to college or try to work your way towards other art-sy programs (which maybe you did/are doing already?), polish your stuff a little. Then if there's an opportunity (and the staff is actually looking for writers), you can apply. You should do some professional work before trying to get a job like this and probably get published somewhere so you have a real portfolio that isn't SBM posts/fanfictions/etc (not that your stuff isn't good, of course, but writers want to see professionalism). Doing a short film in college is certainly a step in the right direction.

That said, if this is what you want to do, don't be afraid to get after it. Who knows, maybe other opportunities will present themselves too.
ok but I want instantaneous clout

:P I'm aware lol. like i said, this is half a joke

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I know you'll be trusted with the characters of SpongeBob more than the writers in the past 10 years. :sbface:

also this just came to my mind that you'd be the first African American writer for SpongeBob :O

a_load_of_barnacles

Bomb-Selling Pirate
President Squidward said:
I know you'll be trusted with the characters of SpongeBob more than the writers in the past 10 years. :sbface:

also this just came to my mind that you'd be the first African American writer for SpongeBob :O
There's been no black writers on Spongebob? What a bunch of racists!

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Back