Show News 'The Patrick Star Show' in works at Nickelodeon

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff

Patrick Star is about to become the star of his own show.

A “SpongeBob Squarepants” spinoff series centered around SpongeBob’s pink friend is in the works at Nickelodeon, Variety has confirmed with sources. “The Patrick Star Show” will see Bill Fagerbakke continue to voice the character.

The series will be a deep dive on Patrick and his family, as the friendly starfish hosts a talk show. Precisely which other “SpongeBob” actors will be reprising their characters for this new series is unclear, however, sources say it will introduce several new characters voiced by new actors to the “SpongeBob” underwater universe.

A representative for Nickelodeon declined to comment.

This marks the second “SpongeBob” spinoff to float its way to Nickelodeon, following in the spongesteps of “Kamp Koral,” a CG-animated prequel series which was greenlit over a year ago. That series, which is set to premiere on CBS All Access next year, introduces viewers to a 10-year-old SpongeBob during his summer at sleep-away camp.

Variety exclusively reported early last year that Nickelodeon was eyeing an expansion to the beloved animated franchise, and was exploring, among other options, “an original story about SpongeBob and Patrick, or a Sandy Cheeks stand-alone story.”

“That’s our Marvel Universe,” said Nickelodeon president Brian Robbins at the time. “You have this amazing show that’s run for almost twenty years.”

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Please no...I don't think Patrick can lead a show all on his own. But I'm not getting CBS All Access anyway, so I guess I won't be seeing it.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
If it weren't for the fact that they're disrespectful to Stephen Hillenburg I'd honestly have no problem with spin-offs

I think a Patrick, Squidward, or Sandy spin-off could be really fun and provide ample opportunities for creative storylines the main show can't do

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
What, again?!

"Companies need to make mon-"

Hanna-Barbara suffered under their era of selling out.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Yeah if Nick doesn't slow down on milking SpongeBob they will go down the same path as Hanna-Barbera!

There are probably lots of other Nickelodeon shows that could actually benefit from having spin-offs and those should be the shows they focus on

Last edited:

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Stephen Hillenburg would hate this
Yeah, he's said in multiple interviews that he did not want a spongebob spin-off show, which is why there also hasn't been cross over episodes of spongebob either. Nickelodeon is disrespecting Hillenburg, and the brand of spongebob.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
I know I already posted in tis thread, but this whole thing gives off Planet Sheen vibes, in the worst way possible.

Back