The most important scene in SpongeBob history

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0

I just want to take a short moment to remind you all of how absolutely beautiful SpongeBob can be. By far, this one of the most heartfelt scenes in the entire show. In 14 simple seconds, the true nature of SpongeBob the character and SpongeBob the show is shown in all its glory. Just listen to the tone of his voice. “Patrick, are you coming?” His deep concern for his friend is such a timeless example of how to keep one’s patience while still getting the point across. His act of kindness is so inspiring, and many today can take a lot away from that one simple question. The look on SpongeBob’s face really serves to convey the message further. His brows are furrowed, his mouth curved in a frown, and his face laden with subtle (but deep) inward feelings of distrust. Could Patrick be ignoring him? That’s what his look says. One can take away that SpongeBob struggles with trust, self-esteem, and most likely suffers from some severe form of borderline personality disorder. You can clearly note the unstableness of BPD in the way he holds his body. The way Patrick pauses just irks every fiber of his being for the shortest time to us, but to SpongeBob, most likely it felt like forever. His lip is jutted out, and perhaps he is slightly irritated at his friend’s slow mannerisms and mentality. Patrick, after SpongeBob stresses to him, arms outstretched that the correct direction is “this way”, the perplexed starfish turns around. SpongeBob’s exasperated but contained demeanor is something very necessary is today’s society. It’s why I believe that SpongeBob is so popular today. The world wants to snap at people’s inability to keep up with the latest trends and the popular icons and whatnot, but this action-packed scene shows us how we will meet people in life who aren’t worried about catching up. You don’t have to be on top of every new idea, every innovation this world comes up with. It’s so touching how SpongeBob SquarePants managed to fit yet another powerful message into such a short clip. Patrick’s smile as he ran towards his best friend was probably the most important part in the entire scene, maybe even the whole episode. His smile. Look at how his eyes light up. He’s ignorant to his friend’s subtle discontent. He’s able to work at his own pace and not be deterred by snide comments. SpongeBob urges him to be with him in that hallway today. The hallway was considerably dark, and in the episode “Rock Bottom”, it is revealed that SpongeBob is scared of the dark. SpongeBob calling for Patrick to get over there with him was essentially a cry for comfort. He’s weak inside, like many. Hiding behind emo makeup is a way that some teenagers hide their pain, and likewise SpongeBob chose to hid his behind a voice of concern. He cares for Patrick and his mental health, but at the same time, he was desperately seeking to care for his own. This scene is beyond amazing. Next time you watch “Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost”, you’ll be reminded of the importance of friendship to your overall mental health.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I- wow, this is an amazing write-up! Now I'm gonna look at SpongeBob in this way from now on haha. Also it kind of reminds me of that one YTP, Deliver Us, because that's another SpongeBob-themed thing that's actually pretty deep after some thought.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
I- wow, this is an amazing write-up! Now I'm gonna look at SpongeBob in this way from now on haha. Also it kind of reminds me of that one YTP, Deliver Us, because that's another SpongeBob-themed thing that's actually pretty deep after some thought.
Wow! I really appreciate the compliment. Though... I actually wrote this as... a joke. 😳

Seeing as this is one of the most boring and uneventful scenes in early season SpongeBob, I thought it would be funny to “go into depth” on virtually nothing. But if you did happen to take away something meaningful from my writing, then I’m glad I could do that for you.

I guess not everyone recognized that I was merely playing around. 😅 Again, though, thank you for your compliment. 💛

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Wow! I really appreciate the compliment. Though... I actually wrote this as... a joke. 😳

Seeing as this is one of the most boring and uneventful scenes in early season SpongeBob, I thought it would be funny to “go into depth” on virtually nothing. But if you did happen to take away something meaningful from my writing, then I’m glad I could do that for you.

I guess not everyone recognized that I was merely playing around. 😅 Again, though, thank you for your compliment. 💛
Lol no I knew it was a joke, though now that I'm reading my comment again it does look like I was taking it seriously. I mean, it was a good write up, even if it was a joke. Honestly we should just have a thread of making meaningless scenes super deep haha

Back