The Most followed on SBMania

Yoh Manta

246 posts
$248 doubloons
Heh.

10kmembers.jpg

Discounting staff, the people with the most messages and likes don't come on anymore, so I don't believe that it really matters who has the most followers. The numbers aren't what's important, it's about your passion for Spongebob and your friends on here. 😁

spongedude

The Librarian
Staff member

3,797 posts
$1,341 doubloons
@Yoh Manta Truth.

I don't believe there is a stat built into the forum software that calculates this, but even if there were, it would be an empty number in my opinion. Some people, like myself, don't follow anyone; others seem to follow a ton. In other words, how many people you follow might be a more meaningful statistic, inasmuch as it might tell what kind of internet person you are.

Back in 2004 we were a simple web forum. Over the years the forum software (Invision, XenForo) we've used has added certain features from the social media sphere, but I've never been a huge fan of them. I know many people enjoy posting status updates here and elsewhere, and I have no problem with that - but the older I get, the more I'm convinced that it's all about the conversation. There are social critics far better than I who have written about what we lose when we shout into the void and obsess about social media stats at the expense of things that probably matter more. ;)

Jodan111

11 posts
$10 doubloons
Note: You might be thinking TL;DR but I just wanted to make this post a little long and useful like yours spongedude.

@Yoh Manta Oh well thanks.

@spongedude Yeah I can imagine the life of SBMania in 2004. (proof from wayback machine) there where alot of posts about the show more then anything (i'm sure that's why this is called SpongeBuddy Mania) You and some other founders of the website where around more often and nobody was around this website until now. It's kind of like youtube. Where in 2005 - 2013 there where less people but still has no ads. And that is why this is my SB fan-site (other then Encyclopedia SpongeBobia). The SB Community however, is kind of a rip-off of this website. And i'm not really a fan of that website. However, COPPA (which I just think is a stupid rule) has invaded this website. And we still have 12 (or younger people) and this website is limited for all ages. So IDK why that's even a rule. Other then that, I think this website is great. 9/10 website.
UPDATE: I also don't follow anyone either but I just wanted to see how many people got followed since it's not on the notable member list.
ANOTHER UPDATE: I also like this website cause it's really fun to post things here and the fact that this website has famous people in it like any other social media website. Pieguyrulz, Sherm and other people.

Last edited:

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff member

23,408 posts

$4,061 doubloons
Note: You might be thinking TL;DR but I just wanted to make this post a little long and useful like yours spongedude.

@Yoh Manta Oh well thanks.

@spongedude Yeah I can imagine the life of SBMania in 2004. (proof from wayback machine) there where alot of posts about the show more then anything (i'm sure that's why this is called SpongeBuddy Mania) You and some other founders of the website where around more often and nobody was around this website until now. It's kind of like youtube. Where in 2005 - 2013 there where less people but still has no ads. And that is why this is my SB fan-site (other then Encyclopedia SpongeBobia). The SB Community however, is kind of a rip-off of this website. And i'm not really a fan of that website. However, COPPA (which I just think is a stupid rule) has invaded this website. And we still have 12 (or younger people) and this website is limited for all ages. So IDK why that's even a rule. Other then that, I think this website is great. 9/10 website.
UPDATE: I also don't follow anyone either but I just wanted to see how many people got followed since it's not on the notable member list.
ANOTHER UPDATE: I also like this website cause it's really fun to post things here and the fact that this website has famous people in it like any other social media website. Pieguyrulz, Sherm and other people.
While COPPA is a thing, we still welcome all ages. SpongeBob fans are in all age ranges...and so should this site be. :)

spongedude

The Librarian
Staff member

3,797 posts
$1,341 doubloons
Yes, as ssj4gogita4 said, we welcome visitors of all ages.

As we've grown, however, I've found it more important to toe the line on matters like this. As is stated in our T&C, our members are responsible for what they say and how they represent themselves. I certainly don't have time to verify the veracity of every member's info. If you're a good noodle, there's never any issue anyway.

Canned Bread

aching tentacle

245 posts
$289 doubloons
This website is kind of inactive right now, so I don't think anyone will be getting a lot of followers, at least for awhile