The Many Outfits of SpongeBob SquarePants

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Nick had a mini-marathon today showcasing SpongeBob's hottest looks

What is your favorite outfit SpongeBob has worn over the years?

Obviously this question only applies to female members but males can say their favorite outfits from Sandy, Mrs. Puff, or Pearl

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
It may have been geared towards females, but I’m sure some males found SpongeBob to be particularly attractive. 😂 I’m not male, I’m female, but I’m just speaking on their behalf. Lol.

I’ve gotta say, SpongeBob looked hot as heck in this:
4BAF3AAF-CCD8-4383-915D-E54870E5D0F7.jpeg

And SpongeBob looked BEYOND adorable in this:
9EFAF58D-FE05-4A3D-983A-7FB29964E506.png

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
Yeah I got to admit SpongeBob looked cute in that tuxedo...

Pearl probably thought so too since she couldn't take her eyes off of the yellow sponge
I... could potentially ship them. At least in “The Chaperone”. Towards the end of the episode they held hands, and were briefly led to believe that Mr. Krabs didn’t want SpongeBob to make any advances on his daughter when he swung open his front door ranting a raving about a flower. The thing that gets me a bit pissed was the fact that the SpongeBob that accompanied Pearl to prom was a “dummy” all along, and technically SpongeBob didn’t do any of what said dummy did. Still though, it made for a hilarious and surprising ending, and the 10-but-not-quite-11 minutes of “The Chaperone” can be watched without giving any thought to “SpongeBob’s” actions being technically non-canon. 😊

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I... could potentially ship them. At least in “The Chaperone”. Towards the end of the episode they held hands, and were briefly led to believe that Mr. Krabs didn’t want SpongeBob to make any advances on his daughter when he swung open his front door ranting a raving about a flower. The thing that gets me a bit pissed was the fact that the SpongeBob that accompanied Pearl to prom was a “dummy” all along, and technically SpongeBob didn’t do any of what said dummy did. Still though, it made for a hilarious and surprising ending, and the 10-but-not-quite-11 minutes of “The Chaperone” can be watched without giving any thought to “SpongeBob’s” actions being technically non-canon. 😊

That is true but it makes me question why real SpongeBob would go through the trouble of creating a dummy so he can avoid Pearl

Oh...then I remember what he said about not being able to find a date to his own prom which might explain him wanting to avoid Pearl

He didn't want to embarass her probably because deep down SpongeBob has feelings for Pearl (a fact proven in other episodes such as "Tunnel of Glove")

Tunnel of Glove may be the BIGGEST evidence supporting Spearl because at the end when Pearl's friends said SpongeBob WAS her boyfriend she denied it but yet he was sitting in her lap!

And don't forget how he protected her inside the ride...

I'm not much of a 'shipper' but I like to analyze shows I watch and I have picked up a LOT on potential shipping in SpongeBob SquarePants

Sandy has 3 potential ships (Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and Patrick) each with their own episodes & movies to support them

"Kandy": Pull up a Barrel, Surf n' Turf, Shopping List
"Squandy": Squidtastic Voyage, Feral Friends, Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost, Sportz?, Sponge out of Water
"Pandy": SpongeBob's House Party, Bubble Troubles

Last edited:

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
That is true but it makes me question why real SpongeBob would go through the trouble of creating a dummy so he can avoid Pearl

Oh...then I remember what he said about not being able to find a date to his own prom which might explain him wanting to avoid Pearl

He didn't want to embarass her probably because deep down SpongeBob has feelings for Pearl (a fact proven in other episodes such as "Tunnel of Glove")

Tunnel of Glove may be the BIGGEST evidence supporting Spearl because at the end when Pearl's friends said SpongeBob WAS her boyfriend she denied it but yet he was sitting in her lap!

And don't forget how he protected her inside the ride...

I'm not much of a 'shipper' but I like to analyze shows I watch and I have picked up a LOT on potential shipping in SpongeBob SquarePants

Sandy has 3 potential ships (Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and Patrick) each with their own episodes & movies to support them

"Kandy": Pull up a Barrel, Surf n' Turf, Shopping List
"Squandy": Squidtastic Voyage, Feral Friends, Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost, Sportz?, Sponge out of Water
"Pandy": SpongeBob's House Party, Bubble Troubles
For once, I agree with you! :) Progress.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
About the shipping?

Do you like the idea of SpongeBob and Pearl?

How about Sandy and Mr. Krabs/Squidward/Patrick?
I agree with you on that there are many episodes which have shipping potential. Each one you mentioned did have some flirtatious moments in them or something like it. Sandy and Mr. Krabs was cute, although in “Pull Up a Barrel”, the characters were just to serve as visuals to different people Mr. Krabs was actually telling about. I feel like Squidward and Sandy would make for good frienemies, but don’t functional well as a couple. Also, there’s not a whole lot to go on with the idea of Patrick x Sandy. But I do see where you’re coming from.

And yes, I may or may not secretly like the idea of Pearl x SpongeBob. And, as much as I like to believe that SpongeBob is gay, him getting together with Pearl in an episode would be kind of cute. Here’s the only downfall: SpongeBob’s an adult.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I agree with you on that there are many episodes which have shipping potential. Each one you mentioned did have some flirtatious moments in them or something like it. Sandy and Mr. Krabs was cute, although in “Pull Up a Barrel”, the characters were just to serve as visuals to different people Mr. Krabs was actually telling about. I feel like Squidward and Sandy would make for good frienemies, but don’t functional well as a couple. Also, there’s not a whole lot to go on with the idea of Patrick x Sandy. But I do see where you’re coming from.

And yes, I may or may not secretly like the idea of Pearl x SpongeBob. And, as much as I like to believe that SpongeBob is gay, him getting together with Pearl in an episode would be kind of cute. Here’s the only downfall: SpongeBob’s an adult.

In other words, you're saying Sandy and Mr. Krabs were placeholders

Is this correct?

As for Sandy and Squidward, when she rescued him in Sponge out of Water it sure looked like love to me since Sandy basically risked her own life to save him

Also in SooW she was riding on top of him while they were chasing Burgerbeard

(that may be an allegory to something else considering how the show is known for dirty jokes)

She must REALLY care about Squidward!

lol

I'm pretty neutral when it comes to "Squandy" (or "Sandward")

Patrick and Sandy are cute together

Much like with Squidward & Sandy, I am neutral about "Pandy"

Same with SpongeBob and Pearl

Him being an adult doesn't matter because anything goes in Bikini Bottom

We will see if any of these pairings actually become canon in the 3rd movie...

Last edited:

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Someone should draw some fanart of these shippings

I'd do it but SpongeBob is the only character I know how to draw

EDIT: I recently posted a thread in the "Artist Unknown" section requesting fanart

Last edited:

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I kinda like when SpongeBob had hair in "Spongehenge", his outfit from "License to Milkshake", and his outfit in "Squirrel Jokes" which was just his regular uniform but with a bowtie to make it fancier

Oh and his Carnie outfit from "The Check-up"

Last edited:
Back