The Loud House Movie (2020)

Do you think this movie will be good?

• Total voters

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
https://movies.mxdwn.com/news/paramount-sets-release-dates-for-animated-features-through-2020-including-the-loud-house-movie/

I'm mixed about this. I like the show (though I don't think it is great), and I can see the movie being good. However, the fact that this is being done so early, combined with the show being so popular, makes it seem like just a cash grab. Also, the movie idea is pretty weird considering it is a slice of life show. Could be good, could be bad. However, it seems pretty pointless.

Any thoughts on this?

NOTE TO MODS: Please don't move this to the Idiot Box. This topic is about a theatrical movie, not the TV show.

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
As someone who hates the show mostly due to utilizing such a bland, overdone concept for a kids cartoon (family life/slice of life), stretching it out into a full-fleshed movie is bound to be ultra-bland. And corny beyond anything.

Its concept, no matter how much I hate it so, works in a television format. I would wish this movie good luck with trying to expand the show for a movie but I hope the movie sucks I don't see it happening in an effective way.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Never watched the show, although I heard mixed reception about the show itself. I heard some people even liked this show. I'm not really surprised, because the first SpongeBob movie came out 5 years after the show premiered, while this one came out in 2016 and it takes 4 years to wait for the people to watch it on theaters. It's also probably because of Nickelodeon or the crew's decision. I will try to find a way to watch this show, so I can see whether it's tolerable to watch or not.

I don't see the reasons to hate just because it just came out last year, and even though the ratings were decent from I've seen.

Back